DISCUSSION What English activities do we usually do in classes?
I. Sound Games 1.Tongue twisters 1) Dick kicks sticky bricks. 2) She sells seashells by the seashore, The shells she sells are seashells, Im sure. So if she sells seashells by the seashore, Then Im sure she sells seashore shells.
2. Chants This is used for one thing near, That means one thing over there; These and those mean two or more; Those are far and these are near.
3. Sound recognition boyball 1)Use two different colours (or something else) to stand for two different sounds. I see a ship /sheep. The boy/ ball is under the tree.
2) Same or different? Ask students to tell whether the sounds are the same or different. live/leave thin/thing sing/thing sit/seat this/these head/hand hear/hill slow/snow let/late bag/beg then/than mouse/mouth Ways to tell: flags, hands, stand to the left/right, clap hands etc.
4. Sound relay. 1) Take kite teacher alarm man nice speak 2) Take: name, lake, may, game way, gate, etc.
5. Find friends. (Homonyms) Words with the same sound. I/eye hear/here write/right sea/see pair/pear new/knew by/buy four/for wear/where two/too no/know meat/meet our/hour week/weak there/their
II. Letter Games 1. Find out letters in the pictures.
2. Letters relay. S t u v W x y z 3. Find (a) friend(s). 1) Letters with the same vowels. /e/ F L M N S X Z 2) Capital and small letters.
4. Find the neighbours. E F G 5. Bingo (Cross out G.) GKM WUP YSR
6. Next/ Buzz D E F (next) H I J (next) L M N … 7. Play cards 8. Letter riddles 1) Which letter sounds like a word? Which letter sounds like an animal? Which letter looks like a door? 2) Do body signs and guess the letters.
3) Guess what letter it is according the mouth movement. 9. Add one stroke to form another letter. C F N O V c n o v p
10. London Bridge Using the letters to form a bridge and let the kids to pass under it. If one kid is caught, he/she must say the two letters.
II. Number Games 1. Bingo ( Cross out 48.) 71017 24369 6348
2. Next three, four, (next) six, seven, (next) 3. Number relay 4. Find a friend 1) -teen -ty 2) one / first
5. Find the neighbours. 6. Put numbers in different pictures. square triangle round four ten five 7. Play cards.
8. Guess how many/much …? 9. Repetition 10. Give the opposite number. 11. Guess the Chinese idioms. Three On e Three two
12. Fill in numbers in Chinese idioms. ___ ___ ___
III. Word Games 1. Word relay. pen name egg great 2. Find a friend. 1)Words with the same sound: eye/I be/bee for/four here/hear week/weak meat/meet our/hour
2) Words with the same meaning: sure/certain little/small big/large 3) Compound words: bedroom/classroom/dining-room classmate/roommate/workmate 4) Words with the same suffix/prefix enlarge/enrich/shorten/widen/sharpen
3. Find the enemy. 1) heavy/light up/down in/out 2) Kill two birds with one stone. old short ( easy cheap thin full ) young new long tall
4. Change a letter to make a new word. father: fat/the/he/her/at/far/hat/eat/tea 1) in: if/it/is/on/inn/kin/ink/an/en 2) word: world/work/worm/worn 3) bedbeeseeseaseateat 5. Write out new words with the letters in the given word.
6. Write out related words. on time bus holiday table foot bike city eye
7. Word building. HEHE HERBEE HERETREE HOUSETHERE HUNGRYPEOPLE
8. Find out the missing word. 1) slide show 2) word cards 9.Cross word Across 1) put on 2) a game Down 1) do sth. 2) very few WEAR OA RR KITE
IV. Guessing Games 1. Guess pictures 1) 2) Cover the picture, then discover it part by part.
2. Guess words. 1) I have a word in my mind. Could you guess what it is? Is it about food/clothes/…? How many letters are there in it? Is there A in it? 2) Im not in the rain. Im in the water. If is between us.
3) The 1st letter is intree, but not in free; The 2nd letter is in he, but not in him; The 3rd letter is in hand, but not in lend. What word it is? 4) Can you change a lady into a man? Can you change ice into a kind of food?
3. Guess riddles. 1) Description A characteristics: shape/size/color B functions: We wear it. C classification: Its an animal. 2) Inference A. Five brothers have a sister each. How many children are there in the family?
B. Two mothers and two daughters share 3 apples. Each should get one. Is it possible? C. Who is your fathers grandfathers son? 3) Homonyms A. What fruit is never found single? B. Who is closer to you, your mom or dad? A. A pear. (pair) B. Father (farther)
V. Structure Games 1. Expand a sentence. 2. Sam says…. 3. Do the opposite. 4. Pass a message. 5. Listen and draw.
6. Give a response to what you hear. I have a book. You read it. He has water. He drinks it. I turned on the radio. You listened to music. He took out his exercise book. He did his home work.
7. When I see…, I think of …. 8. Who is the fastest? A. Give me a word of food. B. Give me an answer. 9. Make up a story. A. Change a dialogue into a story. B. Each give one sentence. C. Guess the ending of the story.
10. Black magic Answer questions without using Yes or No. 11. Catch it if you can. Use a ball or anything and pass it around, when doing this, give any word, the next should give a sentence.