Presentation on theme: ". time. in 1. in time 2. in the day time 3. in no time 4. in a short time 5. in ancient / modern times /. at 1. at a time 2. at one time."— Presentation transcript:
. time. in 1. in time 2. in the day time 3. in no time 4. in a short time 5. in ancient / modern times /. at 1. at a time 2. at one time
3. at the same time 4.at times 5. at any time 6. at this/that/the time 7. at the right (correct) / wrong time. for 1. for the first / second time 2. for the time being 3. for a long / short time
. 1. on time 2. out of time 3. from time to time 4. behind time 5. after a(short) time 6. behind the times 7. against time 8.by the time
1. Well wait here until they come back. I hadnt waited long before he came back. 2. He was about to leave the classroom when the teacher came in. She had turned around the corner before I could say anything. 3. The day breaks, for the birds are singing. She had to stay at home because her mother was seriously ill.
4. I really dont know the reason why Mr Wang didnt go to the meeting. This is the very reason that you all know. 5. Im sure that he had a traffic accident yesterday. Were not sure whether hell finish the task or not. 6. The house where we once lived is over there. The house that we once visited is near a river.
7. Mr Wang is such a good teacher that the students love and respect him. Mr Wang is such a good teacher as the students love and respect. 8. As is well known to all,the earth is round. It is well known to all that the earth is round
9. Is this museum the one you visited the other day? Is this the museum that you visited the other day? 10. Its good for you to take a walk after supper every day. It was really stupid of him to refuse the invitation.
11. He is unfit for the job, isnt he ? He isnt fit for the job, is he ? 12. It took me three hours to wait for her. Well spend three days in finishing the work. 13. Shall we have her go there? Shall we get her to go there?
14. He has no choice but to stay at home. He would do nothing but stay at home. 15. The workers made the machines to help the farmers. The officer made his men help the farmers. 17. East of the village lay a lake five years ago. He laid his hand on my shoulder.
16. I managed to make myself understood clearly. The teacher managed to make the student understand him. 18. Our teacher entered the classroom, book in hand. Our teacher entered the classroom, with a book in his hand.
19. He has been told many times, but he still cant understand it. Having been told many times, now he knows how to do it. 20. To prevent the air from being polluted, something will have to be done. The bad weather prevented us from going out.
21. It was not long before the police arrived and caught the thief. The book will be printed before long. 22. It being a fine day, we all went to the park. It was a fine day, and we all went to the park.
23. To all the people here belongs the honor for the success. Many countries belonging to the Third World are developing quickly. 24. Johnson is used to getting up early now. Johnson used to get up early.
25. Hell do whatever he can to help me with my English; He said he could help me with my English. 26. On hearing the news, he rushed out. They were enjoyed at the news of his safe return. 27. Last year they had the schoolroom built. He said they still had a lot of houses to build.
28. That you need more practice is clear. What we need is more time. 29. A singer and dancer was present at the party. A singer and a dancer were invited to the party. 35. I have never seen her dressed in black. The baby is too young to dress himself.
30. More than 70 percent of the population of our country are peasants. Only 20 percent of the population of this country is farming population. 31. This is one of the best films that have greatly encouraged us. This is the one of the best films that has greatly encouraged us.
32. He as well as his brothers is playing football now. He and his brothers are playing football now. 33. Do you know that John is getting on well with his studies? Do you know how John is getting on with his studies? 34. Two other boys were on duty except/besides John. There is no one in the room except me.
36. Three years later he turned ( doctor. Three years later he became a doctor. 37. My brother often plays football after class. He seldom played the piano at the school. 39. She often goes to school by bike. She often goes to school on my bike.
38. She is so good a teacher that we all like her. She is such a good teacher that we all like her. 40. Youve just bought a new dictionary. Could you lend it to me? Im looking for a house. Id like one with a garden.
41. Did you see anyone in the room? No one. How many people did you see in the room? None. 42. The top of the cave was nearly twenty feet high. There is almost nothing interesting in his speech. 43. Who is the greatest poet alive today? He is one of the best living poets.
45. Is this the factory where Mr. Li once worked? Is this the factory that / which Mr. Li once worked in? Is this factory the one Mr. Li once worked in? Is this the only factory that Mr. Li once worked in? Is this the factory in which Mr. Li once worked? Is it in this factory that Mr. Li once worked?
44. Shall we go with her this afternoon? All right. Excuse me for coming in without being asked. Thats all right. 46. He has many picture books, some of which are interesting. He has many picture books, and some of them are interesting.
47. Standing on the stone, youll see farther. To stand on the stone, and youll see farther. 48. Your composition is well written except for some spelling mistakes. She goes to school every day except Sunday.
49. The new railway will benefit the people on the line. The people on the line will benefit from the new railway. 50. Seeing these pictures, I couldnt help thinking of those days when I was in London. Seen from the top of the mountain, the school looks more beautiful.