Presentation on theme: "And all it’s mysteries… Reinhilde Hagymasi Bart Vandewiele."— Presentation transcript:
And all it’s mysteries… Reinhilde Hagymasi Bart Vandewiele
Definition 1. Youth = broad VS narrow sense 2. Policy = measures => effect 1+2 => Youth policy = ‘All actions of policy which have an influence on children, adolescents and/or their clubs’
Differentation: organised VS non-organised youth
Unitary state 589 municipalities
Languages! Flanders or Flanders ?
First ‘youth house’ <= new forms of youth culture (‘problematic’) 1997: first Flemish ‘Minister of Youth’ A few stunning facts…
Children’s rights: three kinds of rights (‘3 P’s’)
Working as as student worker Scholarship Organising a party
Earlier: 46 days a year - maximum 23 days during summer - maximum 23 days during the year Since 1 January 2012: several measures 1) Length of labour: 50 days throughout the year
2) Reduced social contributions 3) Contract of 12 months = possible 4) Application
Conditions - Age: 15/16 - Signing a student agreement => protection (rights and obligations)
How to request a scholarship? Many conditions: - Fill in the official forms - Deadline! - File in order => scholarship or not? > Disagreement with the result: raise objections
> All conditions fulfilled: scholarship + reduced registration fee to educational institution
Costs (K.U. Leuven, ) STUDY: - Registration fee: 1) full time student (€ ) 2) student: almost entitled scholarship (€340.00) 3) scholarship: (€ 80)
- Course material (€ ) - Computer (€ 350) COSTS OF LIVING - renting a room 1) subsidized student accomodation (€ /10 months) 2) private room (€ ) > meals (€350) + bike rental (€35) + travel costs?
Cost reduction - family allowance - Tax Reduction - scholarship [€ € (min.) / € (max.)] alternative: - student loan: practical, but… => social service of institution (cfr. Katho)
The law “The presence in dance halls and pubs is prohibited for minors under 16 years if they are not accompanied by a parent or another adult. "An exception is made for "dance venues which do not mind a spirit of trade."
=> When you want to organise a party, you have to deal with … NOT BREAKIN’ THE LAW! NOT BREAKIN’ THE LAW!
Not only a flyer, some spotslights and a dj of course… But also: - An appropriate location - Safety and security - Paying the music (SABAM) - Responsibility - Noise standards
- Integrated plan - Many licenses (traffic, publicity, garbage, …) - Financial affairs - some usefool tools (e.g. ‘relief maps’)
Festival Novarock (Kortrijk) - Safe Party Zone - Silent disco room - ‘Indoor field’ - Sustainable Dance Floor:
Like the Beastie Boys said:
School Diversity Mobility Space in the community Work Culture Arts Parties Welfare Youth work Youth information
A feeling of being comfortable, healthy, and happy. Someone's welfare is their health and happiness.
school prevention alcohol Youth court Persons with a disability health Institutions relations Physical health drugs Play truant Drive behavior assistance Poverty reduction rights
Flemish and local Policy 1. Coordination Prevention Policy Steering committee Create actions and initatives construct a policy note Evaluation of the policy note
2. Information and sensibilisation Reporting point for prevention Prevention workers Exposure of information about different themes (alcohol, drugs, vandalism…) Newspapers online Organisations School
3. Stimulation and support of initiatives New ideas Questions
Environment Medium Person It’s a policy for everyone and especially for risk group
Where do you think prevention initiatives are necessary in Belgium? Suicide Alcohol and Drive behaviour
Everyday 3 persons commit suicide in Flanders. In Belgium that’s 5/6 a day! More than 10 times this rate try to do it. Above the European average Minister Jo Vandeurzen is to decrease the number of suicide with 20% in 2020.
1. To stimulate mental health of people in the society (e.g. Fit in je hoofd) 2. Easy accessible phone institutions (e.g. zelfmoordlijn) 3. Quality of the service and optimise different networks 4. To avoid the provoking of suicide 5. Attention for specific target groups
10 steps to make you feel allright 1 find yourself ok 2 talk about it 3 move 4 try something new 5 count on your friends 6 dare saying ‘no’ 7 go for it 8 ask for help 9 give yourself rest 10 keep it cool
Nok nok (12-16) information I know myself My limits Count on others Time for myself Instructions and tasks It’s knocking in my head
Gi ovanni Wojtkowiak (15) and Ylenia Garlisi (16) created their own site:
General: Three phenomena in car accidents with victims: driving under influence of alcohol bad drive behaviour don’t wearing the belt ¼ of traffic victims are due to alcohol Youth: Driving under influence of alcohol is the biggest problem, especially in the weekend nights Traffic accidents are the most common cause of death for the youth! => Prevention is necessary!
Integrated plan Context Prevention Initiatives School Bob Campaign Responsible young drivers
Prevention can’t help everything, but that may not be the reason why we could not think about it.
- CJSM. Jeugd. Websites Vlaamse Overheid. Consulted the 1th of February 2012 on: - De kracht van je stem. De educatieve dienst van het Vlaamse Parlement. Consulted the 7th of March 2012 on - Departement Leefmilieu, Natuur en Energie. Samenvatting voor geluidsnormen muziekactiviteiten. Consulted the 6th of March 2012 on: - Fuifpunt. Organisaties en tips. Consulted the 6th of March 2012 on: - Goes, K. (16/11/2009). Ver-kijker. Consulted the 16th of February 2012 on: - Jeugdbeleidsplan. Welzijn. Consulted the 1th of February 2012 on - Jobat. Versoepelde regeling voor jobstudenten vanaf Consulted the 5th of March 2012 on: - Jongerengids (2010). Hoe betaal ik mijn studie. Consulted the 6th of March 2012 on:
- Onderwijskiezer (July 2011). Het prijskaartje van een jaar hoger onderwijs. Consulted the 12th of March 2012 on 3A%2F%2Fwww.onderwijskiezer.be%2Fdoc%2FHet%2520prijskaartje%2520van%2520een%2520jaar%2520hoger%2520onderwijs.pdf&ei=bCNfT5WRH8Wc8gO0w-WiBw&usg=AFQjCNGVy1YkXmpAwTOLXgU7Y5APmRpxlQ - Redactie HLN. Novarock in Kortrijk pakt uit met duurzame dansvloer (16/03/2010). Het Laatste Nieuws. Consulted the 7th of March on: - Rijksdienst voor Sociale Zekerheid. work. Consulted the 6th of March 2012 on: https://www.mysocialsecurity.be/student/nl/index.html - Stad Kortrijk. Safe Party Zone. Consulted the 7th of March 2012 on: - Steunpunt Jeugd. Definities. Consulted the 6th of February 2012 on: - Tegenbos, G. (06 februari 2012). Provincies behouden toch welzijnstaken. De Standaard, p Van Gaens, J. et al., De Coninck, S. (red.) (2011). Het jeugdbeleid in Vlaanderen. Wegwijzer door het beleid. Antwerpen: Kluwer