Presentation on theme: "WORLD HERITAGE WORLD HERITAGE IN HUNGARYHUNGARY A COMENIUS PROJECT FOR SZENT BENEDEK BILINGUAL PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLCOMENIUS PROJECTSZENT BENEDEK."— Presentation transcript:
WORLD HERITAGE WORLD HERITAGE IN HUNGARYHUNGARY A COMENIUS PROJECT FOR SZENT BENEDEK BILINGUAL PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLCOMENIUS PROJECTSZENT BENEDEK BILINGUAL Designed by BALÁZS DICSŐ-ERDŐDI while reading listen to Márta SebestyénMárta Sebestyén
CONTENTS 1. INTRODUCTION 2. THE MISSION POSSIBLE 2. THE MISSION 3. THE PROCESS 3. SOURCES AND SUGGESTIONS 3. SOURCES AND SUGGESTIONS 4. EVALUATION 5. CONCLUSION 6. CREDITS AND REFERENCES
1. INTRODUCTION Dear Szent Benedek Elementary Students! Imagine yourselves as a foreigner, who wants to learn about your city, Budapest and about your country, Hungary. Try to show them the natural and built beauties of Hungary. Your task is to show why Hungary is a special place in the world. You only need groups of three and creativity. The best groups can present their work in Tallin in May, 2010.Tallin We need English presentations: posters, paintings, music, videos, present and past of Budapest or a world heritage site which you visited recently. I wish you good luck and be creative to show Hungarian culture and landscape to the curious visitors.
2. THE MISSION POSSIBLE The choice is all yours how to present Hungarian World Heritage of Budapest, Pécs, Hortobágy or Lake Fertő (in German Neusiedlersee). World Heritage of BudapestPécsHortobágyLake Fertő In Budapest your choices include the Castle District, the Danube Embankment and the Andrássy Avenue. In Pécs, the European Capital of Culture in 2010 the early Christian Necropolis. In the Hortobágy National Park you can present the westernmost Eurasian steppe region. At lake Fertő present Europe’s largest salt lake and its environment.
2. THE MISSION You should work in groups of three and your presentation should last for 15 minutes. You can present your ideas in many ways. Sensual: Give it all to the senses (food, costume, parfume), that characterises a World Heritage site, let it be the Hortobágy or the Fertő Hanság. Make a movie about the process of making it! Talk-based: write a short story or a poem, a piece of literature or music that symbolises your choice the best and act it out. Visual: make a powerpoint, poster, painting or collage using any material you think is necessary. Movie-centred: You can make a cartoon, a documentary or a movie about your favourite World heritage site Artistic: make a theatre about a World Heritage site’s in costume or modern outfit. Ecological: show why nature, animals and plants are important part of Hungary Like a teacher or scientist: make a research and publish an article with pictures about a person, a building, street, nature, animals or plants that are special in Hungary. You can use any tools and instruments to make a new and original show of the Hungarian World Heritage sites.
3. THE PROCESS 1. Make groups of three. 2. Decide about the area: teacher or scientist, artistic, writing-based, visual, speech-based, movie-oriented or biology centred. 3. Talk with your group mates and write down the many ideas. 4. Choose from the ideas. Check the sources you have, your knowledge and how much time it takes. 5. Divide the tasks among yourselves (one does reading, other does the drawings and the third makes the music, or one knows biology, the other learns geography, the third helps to put it together in a presentation). 6. Use the internet and the library to look for information. 7. Talk about your progress weekly with your English and history teacher. 8. The final date of the written (video) presentations is 16 March, Present your creative work in class. The teacher and the class will decide about the best presentations. 10. If you win, your group is going to travel to Tallin, Estonia, to present your work and enjoy being there.
3. SOURCES AND SUGGESTIONS World Heritage of Hungary – Architectural heritage Hungarian world heritage sites Budapest Museums World Heritage sites A selection of doorwaysdoorways House of Mai Manó House of Mai Manó on Andrássy Avenue Branczik Márta – Demeter Zsuzsanna: Budapesti Építkezések Állomásai (Stations of Constructions in Budapest), Fekete Sas Könyvkiadó, Budapest, 2007 Jalsovszky Katalin-Tomsics Emőke: Budapest az ikerfőváros (Budapest the Twin Capital), Helikon Kiadó, Budapest, 2003 Lukacs John: Budapest 1900, Bilingual edition, Európa Kiadó, Budapest, 2004 Ráday Mihály ed.: Budapest teljes utcanévlexikona (The Complete Street Lexicon of Budapest), Sprinter Kiadó, Budapest, 2003 Pécs World Heritage sites BBC about Pécs Paleochristian cemetary Pécs culture in advertisementculture in advertisement Pécs photo gallery Boros László – Kalmár Lajos: A pécsi bazilika és a város ókeresztény emlékei (The Basilica of Pécs and the Early Christian Sites of the City), Alexandra Kiadó, Pécs, without year Soós Péter: Barangolások hazai tájakon II. (Travels on Home Soil), p , Buk Kft., Budapest, 1994
3. SOURCES AND SUGGESTIONS World Heritage of Hungary – Natural heritage Hortobágy Hortobágy and the puszta magicpuszta magic The puszta Hortobágy National Park Hortobágy photo gallery Hortobágy Máta Stud Park Hortobágy Máta Stud Park and Gene Preservation Hortobágy Bird Hospital 3D TourBird Hospital 3D Tour Ecsedi Zoltán ed.: A Hortobágy madárvilága (The Birds of Hortobágy), Hortobágy Természetvédelmi Egyesület, Balmazúváros-Szeged, 2004 Soós Péter: Barangolások hazai tájakon I. (Travels on Home Soil), p , Buk Kft., Budapest, 1994 Lake Fertő (Neusiedlersee) Encyclopedic Neusiedler See Unesco cultural landscape explanation Lake Fertő biosphere reserve Lake Fertő nature and developmentnature and development Fertő-Hanság region World Heritage problems Soós Péter: Barangolások hazai tájakon II. (Travels on Home Soil), p , Buk Kft., Budapest, 1994
4. EVALUATION Expert guides to Hungarian World Heritage Experienced guidesRough GuidesVisitors ParticipationAll three students were active and eager in the creation, making and presentation of the project. Students participated in the creation making and presentation of the project. Students at times had an interest in the making of the project. Students didn`t get into making the project. Points25-20 points19-17 points16-14 points13 - Presented Work The presented project is compact, creative, shows full knowledge of the area covered and the media used and has high quality English. The presented project was good, had knowledge of the area covered and used properly the media and had a good quality English. The presented project was patchy, had some knowledge of the area and the media used and a below average quality English. The presented project was not thought over, had not much knowledge of the area and the medias chosen with a weak quality. Points25-20 points19-17 points16-14 points13 -
4. EVALUATION Expert guides to Hungarian World Heritage Experienced guidesRough GuidesVisitors Team workThe students divided the work well and efficiently worked to the best of their knowledge and completed each other. The students divided the work and worked together and helped each other. The students could agree on sharing some work, at times helped each other. Students could not work together and the work is not complete. Points25-20 points19-17 points16-14 points13 - Oral presentation Each student had a part in the presentation, which was clear, presented in a well-sructured way with a clear command of English. Students didn`t participate in the presentation to the same degree, the presentation was structured with a good command of English. Students shared the presentation at times, had a presentation with a below average English. Presentation did not take place or was not structured, did not share work and the English was not understandable. Points25-20 points19-17 points16-14 points13 - Overall points
5. CONCLUSION Read this after you finished your Comenius World Heritage project on Hungary. I hope you learnt a lot about your group mates, the materials used in your project, and oral presentation. I hope you also learnt a lot about Hungary. This English project also helped to develop your English and perhaps made you more open to show your country to other people. I also hope that you got very good marks. But it is also important to look back and see step by step your work and use the experience in later times. Congratulations for your efforts!
6. CREDITS AND REFERENCES For the outline and structure I owe debt to webquest.webquest The pictures were taken by the designer. The links and books are clearly marked, for the hypertexts just click and open the internet site. When you finished browsing you can return to this presentation.