Presentation on theme: "www.jaqsESLlessons.com Improve listening and comprehension skills. Learn about cultural differences in education. Learn new education-related vocabulary."— Presentation transcript:
Improve listening and comprehension skills. Learn about cultural differences in education. Learn new education-related vocabulary. Reinforce use of modals and conditionals.
1. Which word is not an adjective of education? A. EducamativeB. Educational C. EducatedD. Educative
2. What does PhD stand for? A. Permanent Head DamageB. Philosophical Degree C. Philosophers DoctorateD. Doctorate in Philosophy
3. Studying at university is what type of education? A. SecondaryB. Primary C. TertiaryD. Fourthery
4. What is short for university? A. UniveB. Uni C. UniverseD. Unity
5. What is the name of the cap you wear on graduation day? A. TasselB. Flat hat C. MortarboardD. Humidor
6. When you have finished a university degree, you graduate… A. …in universityB. …of university C. …for universityD. …from university
7. The head of a university is called what? A. ChancellorB. Master C. KingD. Pawn
8. The person who gives a farewell speech at a graduation ceremony is a… A. VictorianB. Dictator C. Master of CeremoniesD. Valedictorian
9. The letters for a person who graduates as a doctor are… A. MDB. MBBS C. BMD. BA
10. If you cannot read or write, you are what? A. LiterateB. Illiterate C. LegitimateD. Illegitimate
1.Describe a tiger mother in your own words? 2.Do you think your own mother or father is a tiger parent? 3.Do you think tiger parenting is an ideal style of parenting? 4.How would you describe 11-year-old Lianne Yang? 5.What did you notice about Liannes intonation when she was speaking? 6.All of the parents and the teacher in the video believed Western parents wrongly raise their children. What reasons did they give for their belief?