Aims To be the effective means of acquiring a better understanding about Euskal Herria. To protect and defend the Basque and Argentine countries imprescriptible rights.
Goals To promote the Basque culture (history, geography, traditions, sports, language, literature) To organise conferences, academic events, lectures and training courses. To spread and teach the Basque language. To guarantee that the authentic Basque idealism be present in the Basque Centres social activities. To celebrate the Basque Countrys trascendent dates.
FEVA Operation Management and Administration: Board of Directors. Management, administration and co-ordination of working areas. Accounts auditing committee. Financial statement and cash flow supervision. Honorary Committee. Intervention upon the Board of Directors and/or affiliated institutions appeal.
Meetings schedule General Meetings Annual General Meeting: Annual Extraordinary General Meeting: Upon request. Other Meetings Board of Directors: Monthly General Executive Committee: when needed.
Administrative office Two Executive Secretaries Full-time employment: inter, intra-institutional duties Full-time employment : Argentinan Euskaraz Program
Domestic organization of activities Seven specific areas Institutional Relationships ( National, international ) Culture Youth Means of Communication Libraries Network Sports Euskera
Institutional Relations 1. Relationship with Basque Centres Visit to Basque Centres. Procure membership actions Collect information for database updates in order to reconsider future actions. Have a more fluent dialogue, share experiences. Support the activities generated by Basque Centres. Help the Basque Centres to get closer to the community. 2. Basque Centre Member Unique Identification Card Create a common image identifying all Basque Centres. Call for bids for the design work of said image.
Institutional Relations 3. Joint activities with institutions and/or authorities. I. International COVEX – Foreign Basque Community II. National National Government. Government of the City of Buenos Aires Other provincial and municipal government entities.
Culture 1. Basque issues by the American Press Objectives : To create a database about the journalistic approach of Basque matters. To digitalize news, information, opinions and photographs published in different newspapers from Latin American countries and in the Basque Country. To enable people who study history in general and the Basque history in particular to develop research works about History of Basque presence outside Euskal Herria. Political and social attitudes of the countries in which Basque people were accepted. Basque people influence in the development of the countries they settled in. To encourage historians to develop research works about migration movements. To motivate reflections on the importance of the cultural exchange.
Project phases : 1. To enter into an agreement between the Basque Government, FEVA, UPV-Basque Country University and Universidad del Sur de Argentina. 2. To extend the agreement to other universities from Argentina and America. Basque matters by the American Press
Steps : 2006 To identify newspapers issued in Argentina in those cities where Basque Centres are located. To acquire technical support (Notebooks and cameras) To discuss with Universidad del Sur about the methodology to be employed for the project development. To inform the newspapers edition companies about the project aspects. To request authorizations to digitalize the information. Together with the University, to select the working team. To digitalize the selected newspapers. To remit a monthly copy of the information collected to the Communities Relationship Office. (CD or DVD) 2007 To continue with the development of the project with Universidad del Sur. To assess the outcomes. (May 2007) To extend this project to other universities and cities which have no universities through the Basque Centres involvement. Basques on the American Press
2. Cultural Training General aims : To identify, study and promote the Basque Country long- lasting values. To provide a basic knowledge of the historical and geographical processes in Euskal Herria. To contribute to the Basque identity formation. To be a Basque person in Argentina or anywhere else in the world. Culture
I. Modality: WORKSHOP I. 2007 specific goals: I. To reflect about matters concerning our feeling of belonging to the Basque cause. II. To exchange ideas, opinions, experiencies. Subjects: Basic concepts of town, nation, government. Constituent elements. Basque Nation specific features. The region, geographic situation, historic areas, territorial conflict. Fueros System, fueros definition. Relevant historical facts. Household and Family. Migration reasons and consequences in each phase. Material: To provide each participant with a document containing a detail of the subjects. (Delivered prior to the workshop day) Duration: two days. 10 hours. Participants: two groups, 30 persons each. Cultural Training
II.Modality: LECTURES 1. Local lecturers FEVA informs about the lecturers offer and the subjects dealt by each of them. It grants travel allowances Each Basque Centre requests the lecture they are interested in. 2. Lecturers from Euskadi. 1. FEVA selects the subjects. 1. It calls for qualified people. 2. It schedules an itinerary. 3. It co-ordinates the activities. 4. It grants travel allowances. Number of lecturers: 4 Staying in Argentina: 20 days Total number of Lectures: 36/40. Basque Centres visited: 36/40. Cultural Training
3. Leaders Training General Aim: To provide the necessary tools to make Basque Centres actions as effective as possible as regards: Communication Economy and Finances Human Resources Team work Technology Basque Culture. 2007 Specific Aim To transmit an introduction to communication in organizations, its diagnosis and planning Materials: Preparation of a record of all discussed subjects. Delivery to attendees. Culture
Modality Training courses Duration: one day and a half (10 hours) Participants 120/130 persons. Agenda What does 'communicating' mean? Definitions for communication. Communication circuit: Identification of its parties within the institutions. Internal and external communication. Communication tools. Information tools. Communication diagnosis. SWOT Analysis (FODA) Communication Plan Culture
4. Young People General objetives: To promote opportunities of learning, spreading and transmitting the Basque Country values, in order to reinforce the feeling of involvement. To develop training processes for the knowledge and participation of young people in the Basque centres and their social environment. To create an active group of young people engaged with Basque feelings. Culture
To reinforce information channels in order to improve the internal and external communication. To guarantee generational continuity. To make Basque Centre members be aware and open to changes. To promote younger members relationships, to encourage team working and inter Centre networks Young People
2007 goals To reinforce the Youth Project Organization, participation, training. Activities 4 meetings of the people in charge of the Project with FEVA representatives. 2 meetings of Basque Centres representatives Take active part in the organization of the following workshops: Txistu. 3 meetings: 2 days each. (15 hours) Participants: Txistularis with basic knowledge of txistu and people with music knowledge. 10 students and 1 coordinator. Dances 2 meetings: 2 days each. (15 hours) Participants: Dance groups tutors, Basque culture and dance trainers. 2 dance tutors per Basque Centre and 2 co-ordinators. Basque Centres 30. Txalaparta 1 meeting: 2-day long. (15 hours) Participants: Representatves from 10 Basque Centres. Young People
5. Book Fair Joint Project: FEVA-Juan de Garay Foundation. Date: 19 April to 7 May Attendees in 2006: 1,200,000 persons. Exhibitors: 1,424 Countries: 36 Cultural events: 1140 ( Data provided by the organizing institution) Culture
Aims To take part in the most important cultural event in Argentina and one of the most important event in Iberoamerica. To promote the Basque culture. To provide information about: origin of surnames, heraldry, gastronomy, sports, among others. To show Euskal Herria through images. FEVA activities To assemble a stand representing the Basque culture and the Basque-Argentine community. To ask for quotations and order the work execution. Arrange the published material to be exposed from the Basque Government, Foral Diputations, municipalities, HABE and other institutions. To organize 4 cultural events: Presentation of Juan de Garay Foundation and FEVA books. Lecture: Maintaining different languages and cultures throughout the Diaspora, an impossible task? by Mr. David Lassagabaster (Vice-chancellor of International Relations of the University of the Basque Country). Basque dances exhibition. Presentation of Jaialdia show (Lagun Onak Choir and Buenos Aires dantzaris group) FEVA-Juan de Garay Foundation Activities Stand service. Book Fair
6. Libraries Network General aims: To contact all Basque libraries in the country. To create a common database of the existing material. To encourage material, knowledge and experiences exchange. To generate joint projects. To join other national and international networks. Basque Centres with library: 50. Culture
FEVA: To acquire a library management software and server: Pérgamo System To hire a professional librarian's services. To co-ordinate the libraries network. Basque Centres: To acquire a library management software. To join the network. FEVA librarian's duties To create an organizational pattern for the libraries within the network: bibliography description rules, classifications and index language. To create a database with all types of documents the libraries within the network might have. To provide training and refresher courses to the libraries staff. To integrate the Basque libraries network in Argentina with the national system of libraries in Euskadi. To organize the FEVA bibliography background. To design application handbooks. To co-ordinate, assess and control the collective catalogue. To manage the network program control. To prepare a monthly electronic newsletter. To digitalize documents To include the information on FEVA website. Libraries Network
7. Research Projects (2) Aim To learn about the development of dances and euskera teaching, spreading and preservation in Argentina Methodology Typical of History science. Working schedule Documental material study Structured and non-structured interviews Bibliographic report Personal documents Films and photographs Participant and non-participant comments. Execution time: 8 months. Culture
1. Euskera in Argentina. Evolution, special features and teaching. I. To be an "euskaldun" in Argentina (1840-1876) II. Language preservation as the essential element of identity (1877-1936) III. Influence of exiled people in the language revitalization (1937-1979) IV. Towards the systematic organization of the teaching process (1980-1989) V. Euskera teaching systematic organization (1991- 2007) Research Projects Project execution in charge of: Gabriela Mendia (FEVA Secretary), Magdalena Mignaburu (Assistant).
2. Basque dances in Argentina I. Basque dances, characteristics, regions, special details of each dance. II. Festivals, parties. Social meetings. III. First 'dantzari' groups. IV. Influence of dance groups in the Basque Centres creation. V. Beginning and evolution of dantzari groups in Basque Centres Research Projects Project execution in charge of: Miren Arozarena (FEVA secretary), Magdalena Mignaburu (Assistant).
8. Means of Communication Aims To create a favourable image of Basque issues. To provide relevant information so that people can have an overall view of the present institutional, economic, cultural and social situation of Euskal Herria.
1. Radio Weekly radio program broadcasted in 50 cities with a Basque Centre. Creation of a 45´ previously recorded program with 15´ free. Development: FEVA performs 50 programs. (1 per week for 12 months) The Basque centre hires the radio space for the program broadcast. FEVA sends the prepared program every week (via Internet or by post) The Basque Centre makes the program completing the 15 free minutes with the local centre news and activities. Means of Communication
2. Satellite Network Specific aim: To transmit lectures through the network system. FEVA: Organizes and coordinates the lectures. Informs the Basque Centres which have the network antenna about: the lecture subject matter, name of the speaker, date and time of transmission. Contracts the company in charge of the transmission. Basque Centres: Invite their members and the public they consider appropriate according to the lecture subject matter. Basque Centres with said antenna: 10. Means of Communication
9.Exhibitions Aims: To provide a Basque Culture projection towards the community. To reinforce Basque Centres role as the local reference body of the Basque Culture. Available exhibitions La Huella Vasca – Basque Tracks. Photographs from the Basque Country by Mikel Arrazola. Basque Centres to exhibit it: 45 Culture
Development: FEVA Reception of the exhibition. Framing work Package for transportation. Exhibition offer to Basque Centres. Itinerary schedule. Coordination of the exhibitions transfer from one centre to another one. Basque Centres Exhibition assembly in their premises or in the city cultural centre. Mass media Publicity. Exhibitions
10.Basque Choral Music Direction Aims: To make the basque choral music repertoire known and to extend it. To provide basic working tools for the preparation and conduction of a choral group. Addressee: Those who have not completed an initial training for choral direction. Modality Workshop. Duration: two intensive days. Participants: 12 Culture
11.Gastronomy Aim To promote the Basque autochthonic gastronomy. Modality Theory-practical course. Duration: 2 days. (14 hours) Material resources To provide attendees with a summary of the theorical subjects developed, the receipts of the dishes prepared and bibliography for consultation. Culture
Theory The traditional Basque cuisine. The new Basque cuisine. Practice Preparation of typical dishes. (three sauces). Number of courses: 3 in different Basque Centres. Implementation: Basque Centres request the course. FEVA coordinates and grants the course cost allowance Gastronomy
12. Sports Pilota Berria General aims: To re-launch and promote the pelota sport in the different varieties. To support the Basque Centres by providing them with material and technical elements. 2007 specific aims: Reconditioning and/or building of pelota courts – covered (trinquets) and open courts (frontons). Instructors training for the different hard pelota game varieties. Creation of pelota schools. Organization of sub-junior, junior and senior competitions. Participation as a foundation member of the Pelota International Committee. Culture
Argentinan Euskaraz Project Aims: To acquire the euskera language: EUSKALDUNIZATION To use the Basque language in all or some ways of communication To learn euskera through different aspects (linguistics, history, antropology, literature) To support the euskera language: create favourable environments, spread it, inform, cooperate in the network Euskera
EUSKALDUNIZATION UP TO PHASE 2. Profile: University Teacher. EUSKALDUNIZATION UP TO PHASE 1B Profile: Teacher in Basque Centres. EUSKALDUNIZATION PHASE 1 A Profile: Euskal Etxeak students. Familiarization Profile: Txikis (children) from Euskal Etxeak Euskera acquisition scopes: Argentinan Euskaraz
Methodology Euskera courses, attendance in person or by internet Learning groups, communicative meetings, regional meetings, written production, idiomatic expressions, songs Euskera and Basque culture workshops Information, contacts, new scopes (university, language schools) Promotion by publicity, update on the WEB, chats, interviews, Basque week, virtual network, forums. Argentinan Euskaraz
Courses layout 3, 4 hs. a week 120 hs. annual average level 1 to (3rd / 4th level - urrats) presencial or remote HABE PROGRAM BOGA PROGRAM (HABE DECREE) Euskaldunization 1 or 2 hours a week 45 hs. Annual average basic communication euskera workshops PROJECT DESIGNED BY THE BASQUE CENTER AND SUBMITTED TO FEVA Familiarization Argentinan Euskaraz
Education-administrative management. Plans and Programs Annual Working Arrangements Four-year Plans Curricular programs. For teachers training. For courses in Basque Centres. Materials Acquire and distribute learning material: Teachers Students Promotion Subsidies Basque Government For teachers training For Txikis workshops HABE For courses performance. Argentinan Euskaraz
Communication and institutional management Euskal Etxeak Network Administrative secretary Basque Centres representatives FEVA Executive Committee Teachers Network Administrative secretary FEVA-HABE-Basque Government Counseling Committee Other organisms University Argentinan Euskaraz
Present situation 50 teachers and tutors Management and follow-up of: - Diaspora I and II - BOGA - Teaching material - Library Management of subsidies from - HABE - Foreign Affairs Meetings of - Representatives - Counseling committee - Technical management - Projects 800 adults 300 txikis 750 students From a Basque school 2007 100 courses 50 Basque Centres Argentinan Euskaraz
Table of contents Introduction Basque Centres Arrangement Aims Goals FEVA Operation Management and Administration General Meetings Schedule, Meetings Schedule Administrative Office Domestic distribution of duties.
Culture Basque issues by the American Press Cultural Training Leaders Training Young People Book Fair Libraries Network Research Projects Euskera in Argentina. Evolution, special features and teaching Basque dances in Argentina. Means of Communication Exhibitions Choral music direction Gastronomy Sports Argentinan Euskaraz Argentinan Euskaraz Goals Methodology Courses structure Pedagogy-administrative management Institutional-communicative management Present Situation