Presentation on theme: "10 Steps To Better Time Management We understand how difficult it is to pursue a passion with your day-to-day responsibilities. Everyone and everything."— Presentation transcript:
10 Steps To Better Time Management We understand how difficult it is to pursue a passion with your day-to-day responsibilities. Everyone and everything vies for your attention; with just 24 hours in a day, your passion takes a backseat. If you want to pursue a passion while youre working or studying full time, its very important to manage your time well.
1. Create to-do lists and prioritize tasks. Prioritizing is one of the most basic but most important things to consider when you have a lot on your plate. When creating a to-do list, it is important to figure what is urgent and what is important. Also it is important to figure out what tasks will take time and what can be tackled easily and quickly.
2. Work more efficiently. Sometimes, taking 2 minutes to think through a task before getting started on it, can save a lot of time. It is important to figure out the best possible way to do thingsnot only will there be fewer stumbling blocks but there will also be a sense of achievement for doing a task well.
3. Set Goals While to-do lists will help with day to day tasks, it is a good practice to set up goals that span longer periods of time. The goals should be S.M.A.R.T.Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time bound. It is a good practice to write down your goals and also to share them with individuals. This way they become more tangible.
4. Manage interruptions or distractions We face lots of interruptions and distractions while tackling tasks. These not only bring down our efficiency on the task at hand but also lead to time wastage but at instances are unavoidable. Interruptions that are avoidable should be avoided always. So if you are doing something important, choose not to take calls. Unless s are very urgent, they dont need to be replied to right away. Politely ask people who are disturbing you in a middle of a task that you will get back to them in a while.
5. Say No Too often we get caught up in things because we find it difficult to say no. While it is good to help out a colleague by working their shift, or helping your neighbour with certain chores, etc. you need to realize that these things eat into personal time. Saying no might seem rude and inappropriate but is sometimes necessary especially if you are turning into a doormat. Things you do should be important or get you some benefit. Saying no (in a polite manner) is often required.
6. Ask for help Many times you will find yourself in a fix. You need to ask for help in such situations. While you might be able to figure things out eventually, it might save you a lot of time to just ask for help. Be sure you are getting the right help from the right person else you might just end up wasting more of your time.
7.Cut out things that are time-wasters There are many things we do in the day that actually end up wasting our time rather than adding any value to our day. Many times these things are unavoidable or habitual but steps should be taken to make these things more productive. For example, instead of staring out the window while commuting, read a book or newspaper or listen to relaxing music. Instead of watching a TV soap opera, watch some news or educational channels. Getting ready faster will give you a little extra time to either learn something relevant or you can spend a little extra time with family.
8.Take a 10-minute time out. Each day take out at least 10 minutes for yourself. This time is your time and you can do anything you like with it. Spend it to plan your day, visualizing yourself achieving your goals, meditating, reading or just being silent and at peace before you get into your daily hectic routine. This 10-minute period can also be spent doing whatever it is that you are passionate about.
9. Always do the small things that will have big benefits quickly Some tasks are quick and easy and give big benefits. Such tasks should be completed as quickly as possible. Not only will the benefits start rolling in faster but there will be satisfaction at completing something that needed to get done. Exercise, eat healthy, sleep properly and spend time with family and friends While it might seem that these are lifestyle issues, sleeping, eating and exercise also have an impact on your time. Eating and sleeping properly ensure that you are sharp during the day and your mind is focused on important things. Exercise is a great way to de-stress. It also gets you going and fills you up with energy. Being around friends and family will ensure that you are surrounded by support and love. This will help you feel relaxed and positive.
10. There are many techniques you can learn for doing things more efficiently like: 1. ABC analysis 2. Pareto analysis 3. Fit 4. POSEC method 5. The Eisenhower Method