Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNigel Dawson Modified over 7 years ago
1. The Heart 2. Blood Vessels 3. Blood
1. The Atria - Receiving Chambers 2. The Ventricles - Pumping Chambers 3. The Valves - Controls Flow of Blood 4. The Septum - Divides the Heart
1. Arteries - Carry blood away from the Heart - The Aorta is the largest artery 2. Veins - Carry blood toward the heart - Contain valves - The Vena Cava is the largest vein
3. Capillaries - Known as the “Distribution Pipes”
The Plasma (Fluid) makes up 55% of the blood volume The Solids (Red & White Blood Cells) make up 45% of the blood volume
1. Red Blood Cells - Carry oxygen - Contain Hemoglobin 2. White Blood Cells - Attack bacteria & other foreign invaders 3. Platelets - Control the blood clotting process
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.