We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJune Long
Modified over 5 years ago
Is made Up of 2 Parts: The Nucleus: 1. Protons 2. Neutrons The Rings: 1. Electrons
How to Make an Atom: Protons = Atomic # 1.Protons: Look at the atomic # and draw the number of Protons. 2.Electrons: Same as Protons. Want to keep + / - balance.
How Do you Find # of Neutrons? : 2. Neutrons: Round the atomic Mass to the nearest whole number (7) 3. then subtract the atomic # from the atomic Mass. (7- 3=4) 3 Li 6.94
How to Make an Atom: 4.Electrons: Is the same number as the Protons, and Atomic #. 5.Place them on the Rings. But Remember: 1st Ring = 2 E 2nd Ring = 8 E 3rd Ring = 18 E
Practice: 3 Li 6.94 5 B 10.81
More Practice: 10 Ne 20.18 20 Ca 40.08
1. What is the Atomic # of Calcium: A.40.08 B.20 C.19 D.80 20 Ca 40.08 B
2. How many protons does a Cobalt atom have? A. 30 B. 27 C. 58.93 D. 26 27 Co 58.93 B
3. What is the Atomic Mass of Hydrogen? A. 1 B. H C.1.01 D.100 1 H 1.01 C
4. How many electrons does Potassium have? A. 19 B. 39.10 C. 40 D. 39 19 K 39.10 A
5. How many neutrons does Beryllium have: A. 4 B. 6 C. 9.01 D. 5 4 Be 9.01 D
6. How many neutrons does Boron have? A. 5 B. 10.00 C. 6 D. 10.81 5 B 10.81 C
7. How many shells does an atom of Nitrogen need? A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 7 N 14.01 B
8. How many shells does Carbon have? A. 6 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 6 C 12.01 B
9. How many electrons does Magnesium have? A. 12 B. 24.31 C. 13 D. 14.31 12 Mg 24.31 A
10. How many shells does Hydrogen have? A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 1 H 1.01 A
11. How many protons does Silicon have? A. 16 B. 28.09 C. 15 D. 14 14 Si 28.09 D
12. What is the atomic mass of Aluminum? A. 13 B. 27 C. 26.98 D. 5 13 Al 26.98 C
Identify and describe the particles that make an atom.
Sodium (Na) - 11 Atomic Number = - - Atomic Mass = neutrons
Electron Orbitals and valance electrons
Structure of the Atom. Bohr- Rutherford Model of Atom.
Outline the history of the atomic model. Agenda for Tuesday Dec 14 th 1.Atoms 2.Atomic mass, #, protons, etc.
Explaining the Periodic Table (6.7) If elements are the building blocks of all other matter, what are they made of? There are three particles that make.
Matter Lecture #3 Atoms and the Periodic Table of Elements.
Atoms and Elements. Atoms Atoms are the “building blocks” of all matter and are the simplest form of molecule. They are all made up of protons, neutrons.
Bohr Models are NOT Boring!
Periodic Table of Elements. Element An element is a substance that is made up of ONE kind of atom only. e.g. Carbon.
08/09/2015 Starter - Elements and symbols that you should know: Part 1 – The obvious ones: 1)Hydrogen 2)Helium 3)Lithium 4)Beryllium 5)Boron 6)Carbon 7)Nitrogen.
PRACTICE DRAWING ATOMS. DRAWING ATOMS RULES PROTONS = Atomic number ELECTRONS = Atomic number NEUTRONS = mass number – atomic number 1 st level can hold.
11 12 Sodium Atomic number = Mass Number = p+p+ n protons & neutrons 12 neutrons In a neutral sodium atom the number of protons (11)
The Bohr Model of the Atom Topic #6. EQ How can you identify an element based on the number of electrons and valence electrons?
The Atom and Its Parts Physical Science. The three subatomic particles are: Proton – Positive charge Electron – Negative charge Neutron – No charge.
Atomic Structure. Rules Of Atomic Structure 1.The Number of electrons = number of protons 2.Atomic Number = the number of protons/electrons 3.Atomic Mass.
Structure of the Atom. Chemical symbol- an abbreviated way to write the name of an element. Chemical symbol- an abbreviated way to write the name of an.
18 Bohr Models Lesson 3.1 Extension. Element Name: _______________________ Chemical Symbol: _______Atomic Number: _______ Diagram the Bohr atom which.
Bohr Model Diagrams Lesson 3.1 Extension.
Protons - positive charge Neutrons - no charge Nucleus - Electrons negative charge 1st energy level holds a maximum of 2 electrons (e 1-
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.