Treatment for varicose/spider veins Sclerotherapy. doctor injects the veins with a solution that scars and closes those veins, causing the blood to reroute through healthier veins. Vein ligation/vein striping Laser surgery. Laser surgery works by sending strong bursts of light into the vein that make the vein slowly fade and disappear. No incisions or needles are used. The treatment is often less effective than sclerotherapy.
Blood The human body has 4-6 liters of blood Blood: o 45% of blood is Cells o 55% of blood is plasma
Blood Cells: 3 kinds Red Blood Cells: transports oxygen, contain hemoglobin (gives them color) White Blood Cells (leukocytes): attack foreign substances or organisms. Platelets: stick to broken blood vessels to stop bleeding when you are cut
The Heart The human heart has four chambers o Left and right ventricle o Left and right atrium The left side of the heart pumps oxygenated blood to the body The right side of the heart pumps deoxygenated blood to the lungs
Right Atrium Right Ventricle Left Atrium Left Ventricle https://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=BEWjOCVEN7M
1) The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body through the superior and inferior vena cava.
2) The right atrium pumps blood through the tricuspid (AV) valve and into the right ventricle
3) Right Ventricle Contracts and pushes blood through pulmonary valve towards lungs
4) Blood is pushed through the pulmonary arteries to the lungs to receive oxygen
5) Oxygenated blood returns to the left atrium from the lungs through the pulmonary veins
6) Blood passes through the bicuspid (mitral) valve into the left ventricle.
7) Contraction of Left ventricle pumps blood through aortic valve to the aorta
8)Blood travels through aorta and then to all regions of the body where it feeds cells with oxygen picked up from the lungs and nutrients from the digestive tract.