We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published byKristian Brooks
Modified over 6 years ago
2. Discuss the three dimensions of stratification.Chapter 8 1. Explain the relationship between social stratification and social class. 2. Discuss the three dimensions of stratification.
3. Briefly explain the functionalist theory of social stratification.4. Briefly explain the conflict theory of social stratification.
5. Briefly explain the symbolic interactionist theory of social stratification.6. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the upper class in America.
7. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the middle class in America.8. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the working class in America.
9. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the working poor in America.10. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the underclass in America.
11. Describe social mobility in the United States.12. What is the difference between absolute poverty and relative poverty?
Sociology Test Review. Sociology From Developing a Sociological Perspective Reading What is it? Trouble vs. Issues Debunking Marginal people Micro vs.
Social Stratification: Dimensions and Impact
Definition of Social Stratification
THE STUDY OF HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS SOCIOLOGY HOLT, RINEHART AND WINSTON 1 CHAPTER 9 Social Stratification Section 1: Systems of Stratification Section 2:
Ch. 8 Social Stratification
CHAPTER 7 STRATIFICATION
Social Stratification Chapter 8. Social Stratification Life chances Ascribed and achieved characteristics Status value Life chances across countries.
Social Class in the United States
Social Stratification. What is Social Stratification? Definition: hierarchical arrangement of individuals into divisions based on dimensions within a.
Part III: Social Inequality. Stratification is the division of society into classes that have unequal amounts of wealth, power, and prestige. The members.
Social Class and Social Stratification
Chapter 8: Inequality. American Individual Success Model American individual success model: The cultural model shared by many Americans whereby success.
Chapter 8 Social Stratification. Learning Objectives.
Chapter 13 Social Stratification. Chapter Outline Dimensions of Social Inequality Types of Societies Racial and Ethnic Stratification Race and.
Families and Social Class Chapter 4. Discussion Outline: Social Class and the Family I. Social Stratification What is Social Class? Theories of Social.
UNIT 3: WARMUP #1 In our society, what does it mean to be “rich”? What does it mean to be “poor”? As a tendency, do we favor people because they have.
An Introduction to Social Inequality Please take notes!
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.