Quiz on Energy Sources in Everyday Life. 1. Which of the following is not the energy source we commonly use in daily life? Town gas Liquefied petroleum.
Published byModified over 4 years ago
Presentation on theme: "Quiz on Energy Sources in Everyday Life. 1. Which of the following is not the energy source we commonly use in daily life? Town gas Liquefied petroleum."— Presentation transcript:
1. Which of the following is not the energy source we commonly use in daily life? Town gas Liquefied petroleum Fuel oil Coal
2. The main source of air pollution in HK comes from exhaust emissions of vehicles. exhaust emissions of factories. exhaust emissions of power stations. exhaust emissions of household.
3. Which of the following about the energy conversion of engine is correct? Chemical energy Electrical energy Electrical energy Kinetic energy Chemical energy Kinetic energy Electrical energy Heat energy
4. If we wanted to maintain an equilibrium with the gases in the ecosystem, we need to plant trees over an area of _________times the size of Hong Kong. 100 200 300 400
5. Diesel vehicles account for __________ percent of the total number of vehicles in Hong Kong. 20 30 40 50
6. Diesel vehicles use ________ percent of the road surface in Hong Kong. 50 60 70 80
7. Which of the following is NOT a common diesel vehicle on the road? Buses Public light buses Lorries Private cars
8. Which of the following is NOT included in the environmentally friendly package of vehicles? (I) & (II) only (II) & (III) only (I), (II) and (III) only (I), (II), (III) & (IV) (I)Installation of Euro engines. (II)Use ultra-low sulphur diesel. (III)Installation of catalytic converter (IV)Use LPG as fuel
9. Which of the following is the advantage of using Euro II engines? It has cooling effect It can reduce fuel consumption It reduces the exhaust emission to a minimum. It gives more power to the vehicle.
10. Which kind of fuel is used for buses in HK ? diesel ultra-low sulphur diesel unleaded petrol LPG
11. Which of the following is NOT a reason for buses to use diesel as fuel? Diesel is cheaper than petrol. Diesel engine is more reliable and durable. Diesel engine has higher efficiency. Diesel engine causes less pollution.
12. Which of the following pollutants are found to be reduced in exhaust emission after the vehicle switched to use ultra-low sulphur diesel? (I) & (II) only (II), (III) & (IV) only (I), (II), (III) & (IV) (I), (II), (III), (IV) & (V) (I)Suspended particulates (II)Hydrocarbons (III)Carbon monoxide (IV)Sulphur dioxide (V)Carbon dioxide
13. Which kind of fuel is used for newly invented minibuses and taxis? diesel LPG town gas kerosene
14. Which two kinds of alkanes can be found in petroleum for vehicles? (i)Methane (ii)Ethane (iii)Propane (iv)Butane (i) and (ii) (ii) and (iii) (iii) and (iv) (i) and (iv)
15. Which of the following cannot be used as fuel for cooking? coal town gas LPG kerosene
16. Most of the household in HK use town gas or LPG as fuel for cooking because (i)they will not produce smoke. (ii)they are non toxic. (iii)they are easy to burn. Only (i) and (ii) Only (i) and (iii) Only (ii) and (iii) (i) 、 (ii) and (iii)
17. Which of the following are the safety rules when handling fuels? (i)turn off the gas supply after use. (i)close windows when using a gas stove. (i)do not store too much fuel. Only (i) and (ii) Only (i) and (iii) Only (ii) and (iii) (i) 、 (ii) and (iii)
18. Which of the following is NOT a method to save energy? Choose electrical appliances with energy Labels. Use compact fluorescent bulbs. Use private cars instead of mass transport. Turn off electrical appliances when they are not in use.