Presentation on theme: " 1. Military Press – Sitting with back straight, take an overhand grip on the barbell. Start by rest bar on upper chest. Then press barbell straight."— Presentation transcript:
1. Military Press – Sitting with back straight, take an overhand grip on the barbell. Start by rest bar on upper chest. Then press barbell straight up towards ceiling till arms are fully extended. With control bring back to chest level and repeat. 2. Front Shoulder Raises- Standing with feet slightly apart hold dumbbells with palms down resting the dumbbells on thighs. Raising the dumbbells to shoulder height alternating sides. 3. Lateral Shoulder Raises- Standing with feet slightly apart hold dumbbells with palms down resting the dumbbells at your sides. Raising the dumbbells to shoulder height at the same time.
Biceps 1. Straight Bar Curls- Standing keep your back straight and take an underhand grip on the bar with your hands slightly more than shoulder-width apart. Bring both hands up together to neck height creating the curl motion. 2. Concentration Curls- Sit on a bench. Hold a dumbbell with underhand grip and rest your elbow on the inner side of opposite knee. Starting dumbbell at same side foot and curl to opposite shoulder. 3. Hammer Curls- Standing with feet shoulder width and holding dumbbell with inside grip. Arms starting at 90 angle bring dumbbells
1. Triceps Extensions- Sit holding the dumbbell in both hands behind your neck, with weight off the back. Extend your arms straight until they are above your head. 2. Kickbacks- Kneeling with opposite of where then weight is in for support, keep a straight back and head up. Start with arm bent a 90 degree angle extend arm straight back flexing triceps when arm is straightened. 3. Skull Crushers- Laying flat on a bench take an overhand grip on a straight bar with your arms extended over your chest. Bend elbows bringing bar toward forehead keeping in elbows. Return to starting position by straightening elbows. 4. Dips- Place hands parallel bars. Straighten arms with torso erect. Bend arms to 90 degree lower whole body down.
Lats 1. Pull Downs- Sit facing the machine and wedge your knees under the restraint pad provided. Take a very wide overhand grip. Pull the bar down to your upper chest, arching your back and bringing your elbows back. Slowly straighten arms back to starting position. 2. One/Two Arm Rows- Grasp the dumbbell with your palm facing. Rest the opposite hand and knee on a bench. Pull the dumbbell up towards body keeping elbow back. Keep the upper arm as close to the torso. 3. Chin Ups (palms in)- 4. Pull Ups (palms away) -
1. Shrugs- 2. Reverse Fly- Stand with feet spread and your knees slightly bent. Bend forward at the waist keeping back straight and arms hanging down. Hold dumbbell with arms straight in front of body. Raise arms to the level of yours shoulders. Slowly return to starting postion. 3. Upright Rows- Stand with your feet slightly spread. Keep your back straight and take an overhand grip on the bar with hands a palm width apart. Pull the bar straight upward to chin height. While lifting your elbows as high as possible at the top of the movement. Lower bar slowly to waist.
1. Bench Press- Lie on your back on a flat bench. Keep your back and gluteus in contact with the bench and feet flat on the floor. Take an overhand grip on the bar with hands more than shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower bar down till it is about three inches from chest. Press weight straight back up towards ceiling. 2. Incline/Decline Bench Press- Lie on your back on a incline bench at 45 degree angle. Keep your feet flat on the floor. Take an overhand grip on the bar with hands more than shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower bar down till it is about three inches from upper chest (base of the neck). Press weight straight back up towards ceiling. Decline is the same exercise with the bench at declined 45 degree angle 3. Chest Fly- Lie on your back on a flat bench. Keep your back and gluteus in contact with the bench and feet flat on the floor. Hold dumbbells with your arms extend above chest and elbows slightly bent. Lower dumbbells until your elbows are at shoulder height. Raise dumbbells back to starting position.
1. Wrist Curls- Sit with forearms resting out in front of the body on a bench. Take underhand grip and let the bar roll down fingers and then use forearms to bring bar back into the palm. 2. Reverse Curls- Sit with forearms resting on your thighs or on a bench. Take an overhand grip on the bar. Curl wrist back toward you and then return back to starting position. 3. Wheel
Reps- One completed exercise Sets- A group of reps Super Sets- is two or more exercises in a row without a break. Muscular Endurance Sets- Higher Reps/Sets (4 sets of 15 Reps) Lower Weight Muscular Strength Sets- Lower Reps/Sets (3 sets of 10) Higher Weight