Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySamson Powers Modified over 7 years ago
Scientific Method An organized way of trying to find the solution to a problem
Steps: Observation, Problem, Hypothesis, Experiment, Data, Analysis, Conclusion
1. Observation Learn everything you can about your problem by observation. Think of ways you could design an experiment to solve it. Learn everything you can about your problem by observation. Think of ways you could design an experiment to solve it.
2. Problem This is what you are trying to find out. Remember to always write it in the form of a question.
3. Hypothesis This is what you predict will happen during the experiment. Remember to write it in this pattern: IF…”independent variable” THEN…”dependent variable”
4. Materials List the materials you will use
5. Procedure List the steps you will follow to test your hypothesis. Explain the independent variable that you are testing. This is the one thing that you are changing on purpose to test and see what will happen. (the cause) This is the one thing that you are changing on purpose to test and see what will happen. (the cause) Explain the controls. These are the things that are kept the same during the experiment.
6. Data These are the changes which occur during the experiment. Use your 5 senses to gather information that can be measured. Explain the dependent variable. This is the thing that changed because of your experiment. (the effect) Organize your data in charts or graphs. (should be labeled and numbered.)
7. Analysis Use sentences to explain you data. Answer questions or make calculations required.
8. Conclusions This tells what you learned form the experiment. Answer the PROBLEM by telling what you found out. Remember to write one your sentences in this pattern:
1. Tell “what happened” 2. Then use the word “so” 3. Then tell if you hypothesis was supported or not.
Tell the lesson that you learned. Share the problems you encountered while doing the experiment Include error analysis
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.