We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byLogan Barker
Modified over 4 years ago
Do Now 10/3/13 What is the process called in which rocks break down?2. What do we use to determine the hardness of a mineral? 3. How are rocks categorized? 4. What is density?
1) What is erosion? The natural movement of material from one place to another.
2) What are the five agents of erosion?Running Water
2) What are the five agents of erosion?Wind
2) What are the five agents of erosion?Waves
2) What are the five agents of erosion?Glaciers
2) What are the five agents of erosion?Gravity
3) How do rivers cause erosion?Moving water carries sediment. Faster the water the larger the sediment it can carry. As the water slows down the sediment drops off.
4) How do glaciers cause erosion?As glaciers move they break off pieces of rock and sediment, pick them up and carry them with them.
5) How does gravity cause erosion?Mass Wasting - The movement of rock, soil, or snow, down a slope. Controlled by the force of gravity and can happen quickly or slowly.
6) What is slump? When a mass of material slips down along a curved surface.
7) What is creep? When sediments move extremely slowly downhill.
8) What are rock falls/rockslides?Rock falls – when blocks of rock break loose and tumble through the air. Rock Slides – when layers of rock slip down a slope suddenly.
Chapter 8, Section 1 Erosion by Gravity.
Weathering, Erosion, & Deposition.
Earth Science Week w/index.html w/index.html
Chapter 8 Erosional Forces
The Earth’s Changing Surface
Physical Weathering can break rocks with water, wind or temperature.
Forces wear down and build up earth’s surface
Changing Earth’s Surface
The movement of sediments by wind, water, ice, or gravity.
Weathering and Erosion
Wearing Down Earth’s Surface
How is our Earth’s surface worn down?
Gravity’s Effect on Erosion 2/4/ pgs IN: Explain how glaciers cause erosion. Put your blue DRW on the box.
Changing Earth’s Surface The wearing down of Earth’s surface is called erosion. Erosion is the process by which natural forces move weathered rock and.
Weathering, Erosion, and Landforms
Weathering and Erosion. Weathering Weathering - the process that breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.
Weathering, Erosion and Natural Catastrophes
Agents of Erosion & Deposition
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.