Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

© 2007 Open Grid Forum OGF21, Seattle October 16 Wolfgang Philipp GRAAP-WG Sessions.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "© 2007 Open Grid Forum OGF21, Seattle October 16 Wolfgang Philipp GRAAP-WG Sessions."— Presentation transcript:

1 © 2007 Open Grid Forum OGF21, Seattle October 16 Wolfgang Philipp GRAAP-WG Sessions

2 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 2 GGF Intellectual Property Policy All statements related to the activities of the GGF and addressed to the GGF are subject to all provisions of Appendix B of GFD-C.1, which grants to the GGF and its participants certain licenses and rights in such statements. Such statements include verbal statements in GGF meetings, as well as written and electronic communications made at any time or place, which are addressed to any GGF working group or portion thereof, Where the GFSG knows of rights, or claimed rights, the GGF secretariat shall attempt to obtain from the claimant of such rights, a written assurance that upon approval by the GFSG of the relevant GGF document(s), any party will be able to obtain the right to implement, use and distribute the technology or works when implementing, using or distributing technology based upon the specific specification(s) under openly specified, reasonable, non-discriminatory terms. The working group or research group proposing the use of the technology with respect to which the proprietary rights are claimed may assist the GGF secretariat in this effort. The results of this procedure shall not affect advancement of document, except that the GFSG may defer approval where a delay may facilitate the obtaining of such assurances. The results will, however, be recorded by the GGF Secretariat, and made available. The GFSG may also direct that a summary of the results be included in any GFD published containing the specification.

3 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 3 Sessions planned GRAAP #1, October 16, 9 am - 10:30 am Session focussing on discussion on Implementation & Interoperability - state and issues GRAAP #2, October 16, 11 am - 12:30 am Discussion on term language issues GRAAP #3, October 16, 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Discussion of WS-Agreement Negotiation

4 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 4 Agenda GRAAP #1 Session focussing on discussion on Implementation & Interoperability - state and issues Agenda bashing Wrap up since last OGF GRAAP infrastructure (mailing list, wiki) experience made with the wiki what should we use for which purpose Implementation & interoperability: state, issues, next steps, definitions of milestones

5 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 5 Wrap up since last OGF Discussions on the mailing list on Negotiation issues Updating the Wiki Improved structure, more content Survey on Usage of SLAs for Resource Management and Scheduling Extended version available as CoreGRID Technical Report TR-0096 WS-Agreement implementations in the Wiki Grid 2007 Workshop on Usage of Service Level Agreements in Grids Meeting of several GRAAP members during Grid 2007 Planning of work on interoperability to be done before OGF21 Work on interoperability between CCS and MSS

6 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 6 GRAAP infrastructure Experience made with the wiki What should we use for which purpose

7 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 7 Implementation & interoperability State Oliver, Dominic to report Issues Oliver, Dominic to report Next steps Document describing the interoperability scenarios and the level of interoperability (will be submitted to the OGF document process). Structure & outline should be ready after OGF20 Should be done today Writing tea Definitions of milestones Time needed to run the two WS-Agreement implementatiions against each other Contribution to GIN at SC2007?

8 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 8 Agenda GRAAP #2 Discussion on term language issues Agenda bashing Collaboration/Synchronising with JSDL developments like JSDL next version/extensions Microspecs for Network, Licenses, KPI

9 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 9 Implementation/Interoperability discussion WSRF (base faults, resource properties) and WSA are critical: different versions & different support in hosting environments Name spaces are different Level of interoperabillity to achieve? Schema level, minimal set of terms for hello world create document describing the interoperability scenarios that will be submitted to the OGF document process. Structure & outline should be ready after OGF20 Oliver, Wolfgang, Dominic, Omer -> time tbd in the break after GRAAP #3 GT4 expected to migrate to the newest version of WSRF & WSA, but no schedule available on the website -> contact Globus Alliance people during OGF20 Template generation Repository or dynamic on demand How to create an ID for a template from a repository -> static ID

10 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 10 Implementation/Interoperability discussion 2 Similarities in the AssessGrid and VIOLA implementation could be used for first tests on the functional aspects, SORMA to contribute SDTs in common? Based on JSDL, should work, guarantee terms however are completely different BEinGrid: most probably based on (modified) WS-Agreement NextGRID: similar protocol but different language TrustCom GridTrust Organise a telecon with these projects, after restructering the google doc

11 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 11 Use-cases for dynamic SLAs and negotiation 1) How to create Agreements to minimise negotioation (e.g. using constraints, functions) needed to converge 2) How to re-negotiate an existing agreement, both client and provider driven Could become difficult when there are conflicting parties Probably dependent on the cost of re.negotiation Optimistic and pessimistic scenarios, recovering from failure or offering more service to the user SLAs for optimising flops per watt (evolving use case: Intel study, SwissGrid) Are dynamic SLA useful? In a Grid with some economic model below: yes If not all requirements could be fulfilled during the initial creation of the SLA and the service provider laster has additional resources/capabilities Network providers: Ipsphere plans to use OGSA protocols, WSRF, objective: automatic negotiation of SLAa OGSA session on SLTs for ByteIO and BES 4pm To start work on negotiation begin with 1) and extend to 2) later Creation constraints to indicate fixed/negotiable terms Provide protocols for bilateral negotiation to select from Survey on protocols? Shamima will send a paper of 2002 Toshi tp provide a very simple micro spec for 2) Omer to provide something on 1) after OGF21

12 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 12 Agenda GRAAP #3 Discussion of WS-Agreement Negotiation Agenda bashing Discussion of work done and existing approaches Presentation of current work by Michael Parkin Work presented in previous workshops Selection of use-cases Discussion and agreement on paperwork to start, contents and main writers

13 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 13 Discussion of work done and existing approaches Presentation of current work by Michael Parkin Work presented in previous workshops Need to select relevant contributions and to extract approaches first Work received recently from Sebastian Hudert A Proposal for a Web Services Agreement Negotiation Protocol Framework

14 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 14 Selection of use-cases Some are in the Wiki: Neotiation of resource availability –VIOLA/PHOSPHORUS use case Re-negotiarion –Reserving More Resources –Extension of Agreement Expiration Time –Asking for Releasing Resources which had been Agreed Upon Should also have a section on use-cases where negotiation makes less or no sense

15 © 2007 Open Grid Forum 15 Paperwork to start now Discussion and agreement on paperwork to start, contents and main writers


Download ppt "© 2007 Open Grid Forum OGF21, Seattle October 16 Wolfgang Philipp GRAAP-WG Sessions."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google