Presentation on theme: "A Letter Home…. Presented by the City of Boulder Fire Department."— Presentation transcript:
A Letter Home…. Presented by the City of Boulder Fire Department
The fire damage shown in these photographs was caused by a carelessly used candle. Make sure this doesnt happen to you!
Dear Mom and Dad, We found a nice house to rent off campus.
I have a great view from my room.
Thanks for the new clothes and the computer.
You were right, the new bed is much better than my old futon.
My friends room has lots of light for her plants.
Our bathroom is nice and clean.
We want you to come visit us soon!
P.S. Do I have Renters Insurance?
Blow out a burning candle before leaving the room, or falling asleep. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Place all burning candles on a solid, non-combustible surface, well away from curtains, open windows and combustible decorations. Make sure your smoke detectors are working. Change the batteries twice a year; when you change your clocks. You may have less than 2 minutes to escape after the detector sounds. Have your escape route planned.
A Letter Home… Written by: Sherry Kenyon, Fire Safety Coordinator Photographs by: Captain Lori Miller For more information contact: City of Boulder Fire Department Division of Fire Safety Fire Safety Education Office rd Street Boulder, Colorado (303) Fax: (303)