Presentation on theme: "Unit 4 Don’t eat in class. Section B reading. 2a. When you are unhappy about something, who do you like to talk to ? 2b.Read the letters. Underline the."— Presentation transcript:
2a. When you are unhappy about something, who do you like to talk to ? 2b.Read the letters. Underline the rules for Molly. Take a walk Watch TV Play games Listen to music Chat with friends …
Dear Dr. Know, There are too many rules! At 6:00 a.m., my mom says, “ Get up now and make your bed!” After breakfast, my mom always says, “Don’t leave the dirty dishes in the kitchen!” After that, I run to school because I can’t be late. At school, we have more rules-don’t be noisy, don’t eat in class,… My dad says I can’t play basketball after school because I must do my homework. I can play only on weekends. After dinner, I can’t relax either. I must read a book before I can watch TV. But I have to go to bed before 10:00. Rules, rules, rules! It’s terrible! What can I do, Dr. Know? Molly Brown, New York
Dear Molly, I know how you feel. People always tell us, “Don’t do this!” or “You can’t do that!” But think about it, Molly. There are a lot of things you can play basketball on weekends. You can watch TV after you read a book. Parents and schools are sometimes strict, but remember, they make rules to help us, We have to follow them. Good luck! Dr. Know
2c. Read the letters again and complete the sentences with have to / must, can or can’t. 1. Molly play basketball on school days, but she play it on weekends. 2.Molly do her homework first when she gets home. 3. Molly read a book after dinner before she watch TV. 4. At school, Molly be noisy or eat in class. 5. Parents and schools make rules to help students. So students follow the rules. can’t must have to can’t have to
Pairwork I have to do my homework after school. And I can’t watch TV on school nights. …
3a. Complete Zhao Pei’s letter to Dr. Know using have to / must, can’t or can. Dear Dr. Know, you help me? I’m not happy because there are too many rules at home. Every morning, I get up at six o’clock. After school, I play with my friends or watch TV because I do my homework. I relax on weekends either because I learn the piano. I never have fun. What I do? Zhao Pei have to can Can must can’t
1. get up at 6 o’clock 2. can’t play with her friends after school 3. do her homework after school 4. can’t watch TV on school nights 5. can’t relax on weekend 6. learn the piano Zhao Pei’s Rules
3b. Complete the chart with the rules in your home and school. Check (√) the rules you think are unfair. Things I have to doThings I can’t do 3c. Write a letter to Dr. Know. Tell the rules and how you feel about them. Tidy room Practice piano Arrive late for class Stay up late
One Possible Version Dear Dr. Know, There are too many rules in my life! At home, I have to help my mom and dad do the dishes every day. And I have to clean my room on Saturdays. I can’t go out with my friends on weekends. At school, we can’t eat in class. We have to wear a school uniform. And we can’t be noisy in the hallways. How can I relax with so many rules? What should I do? Ken Li
4. Game A: Maria, do you have to go to bed by 10:00? B: Yes, I do.
1. There are too many rules! too many ＋可数名词复数, “ 太多 ” e.g. I have too many books to read. too much ＋不可数名词, “ 太多 ” e.g. There’s too much milk in the glass. Language Points
2. I have to go to bed before ten o’clock. 1)go to bed “ 上床睡觉 ”, 此时等于 be in bed, in 和 bed 之间不能用冠词, bed 也不用复数, be in bed 还有 “ 卧床 ” 的意思 。 e.g. He is in bed for 10 years. 他卧床 10 年了。 Dave has to be in bed early every night. 大卫每晚必须很早睡觉。
3. After dinner, I can’t relax either. 副词 either 在此处表示 “ 也 ” ，用于否定句句末， 用法与表示肯定或者陈述的副词 too 相似，可用 逗号与语句的主题隔开。 e.g. You like English. I like it, too. My father can’t speak English. My mother Can’t (speak it), either.
4. There are a lot of things you can do. 此处的 a lot of things you can do 是一个名词 短语，句子 you can do 起修饰、限定名词 things 的作用。英语中当句子限定修饰名词时要放在 该名词之后。 e.g. There are a lot of songs you can sing.
A: Do you have a library at school? B: Yes, we do. And we have ______ for school library. A: What are they? B: We have to keep quiet in the _______. We have put our umbrella ________ the library. We can’t ______, ____ ____ ______ ______ or listen to the music in it. Ⅰ. 看图完成对话 rules library outside talkput the school bags
1.She wears sunglasses. ( 对划线部分提问 ) _______ does she ______? 2. I went to Shanghai with my family. ( 对划线部分提问 ) _____ ______ to Shanghai with you? 3.The sun is shining. ( 对划线部分提问 ) _____ ____ the weather? What wear Who went Ⅱ. 句型转换 How is
4. Listen to music in hallways.( 改为否定句 ) _______ listen to music in hallways. 5. At school, we must clean the classroom. ( 改为同义句 ) At school, we ______ ____clean the classroom. Don’t have to
1. 外面很冷, 你必须穿大衣。 It’s ______ outside. You _____ ____ wear your coat. 2. 你必须到十一点上床睡觉吗？ Do you have to ___ _____ ______ _____ 11:00? 3. 我们班级有很多规定。 There are ___ _______ ______ in our class. 4. 你认为你的英语课怎么样？ What do you _______ ______ your English class? 5. 我们不能在教室里吃东西。 We can’t _____ in the __________. cold have to go to bed by so many rules think of eatclassroom III. 汉译英
1. Don't stand o______. Come in please. 2. He is writing in the c_________ now. 3. He likes w______ to work. He thinks it's good for his health. 4. He has breakfast and supper at home, but he has lunch in the d ______ hall. 5. Go to w____ your hands. They are very dirty. utside lassroom alking ash ining IV. 根据句意填写单词
1. (Can/Does) ______ we eat in class? 2. (Don't/Has to) ______ wear a hat in class! 3. Does Bill (have to/can)______ go to bed now? 4. Francisco and Andrew (can't/don't) ______ come. 5. (Do/Have to) ______ they wear sports shoes? V. 选择正确的动词填空。 Can Don’t have to can’t Do
Homework Write a letter to your parents about the rules at home. Let them know your ideas.
For example ： Be friendly. Save water. Don’t go out at night. Don’t eat in the bed. Don’t sleep too late. Don’t waste money. Don’t talk loudly. Don’t keep animals.
Dear parents, I know you love me very much. Now I’ve grown up.( 长大 ) We should respect ( 尊重 ) each other. I have some suggestions( 建议 ) for you. _______________________________________ …… Will you listen to me?