We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAnn Floyd
Modified over 5 years ago
What are some ways people use water?
About 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water. Over 96% of all the water is salt water.
1. Most of Earth’s fresh water is found in solid form as glaciers and ice caps.
So less than 1% of all water on the Earth’s surface is freshwater that people can use.
2. Streams, rivers, and lakes hold the rest of Earth’s fresh water in liquid form.
3. Rain soaks into the soil and collects there as soil water.
4.The place where water drains downhill into one river is called a watershed.
5. Water from lakes and rivers is sometimes stored in a reservoir so that people will have a year- round water supply.
6. Rain or melted snow that flows overland is called runoff. It may carry bacteria or harmful chemicals.
7. Digging a well is a common way to get groundwater.
8. Most wells have a pump to bring groundwater to the surface.
9. Impurities are removed from water at a water treatment plant to make it safe to use.
10. People use fresh water for farming.
11. We use water to generate electricity.
12. Farmers use irrigation to brig water through pipes and ditches to their crops.
13. People also use water for fun activities, including swimming, boat, and fishing.
14. Water in a watershed is used for drinking, cleaning, farming, electricity, and recreation.
EARTHS WATER SUPPLY. SOME QUICK FACTS 70% of the Earths surface is covered with water 70% of the Earths surface is covered with water 97% of Earths water.
Where is the Water Found on Earth?
Fresh Water Chapter 7 Sections 1-4 SOL 6.7.
Earth: The Water Planet What percent of the water on Earth is good enough to drink?
Water Supply & Management Obj: Discuss the nature, importance and sources of water.
Water Use and Management WHO – 1,000,000,000+ people lack access to fresh water 10,000,000+ people die annually from water- related diseases.
UNIT SEVEN: Earth’s Water
Water and The Water Cycle
WHERE IS THE EARTH’S WATER LOCATED? WHAT ARE THE PROCESSES OF THE WATER CYCLE? Hydrosphere.
Where is fresh water found? What are some California water sources?
WaterSection 1 Water Resources Water is essential to life on Earth. Humans can live for more than month without food, but we can live for only a few days.
Unit D – Water Systems. Water is Key to Life without water, there would be no life – humans need 1-2 litres of water daily to keep our organs properly.
Animation 78CB956F92D4BB85256C6B005A62C7/$file/hydrologi c2.swf?openelement
A project by Reagan, Adam, and Keaton. Where is water located on Earth Oceans Lakes Springs Rivers Streams Ponds Waterfalls Ground water.
11.2 Water Use and Management Pg 296 – 303 “We all live downstream”
How Do Californians Get the Water They Need?. California Science Standard 3.e Students know the origin of the water used by their local communities.
Water Chapter : Water Resources Water is essential to life on Earth. Humans can live for more than month without food, but we can live for only.
The Hydrosphere. Water on Earth 97 Percent of the worlds water is in oceans and too salty to use Salt in the ocean can be removed through desalinization.
Ms.Aja 5 th Grade. Fresh water Less than 3/100 of Earth’s water is fresh water. Used for drinking, cooking an cleaning. Also used to grow crops, make.
UNIT 1 - WATER. Unit Outline What is water and why do we need it? What is happening to harm our water supply? Can we measure this harm close to home or.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.