1. What is the significance of the battle of Hastings? William the Conqueror defeated Harold of Godwinson and crowned himself king of England.
2.What groups developed from the 3 major divisions of Slavs in Eastern Europe? 1. Southern Slavs (Croats, Serbs and Bulgarians) 2. Western Slavs (Poles, Czechs, and Slovaks) 3. Eastern Slavs (Ukrainians, Belorussian, and Russians)
3. Draw a chart to list the kings of England and France and their achievements
4. What was the importance of the Magna Carta? It was the first document to limit the King’s Powers.
5. Describe the development of England’s Parliament, and discuss its role in changing government. Parliament included 2 houses – House of the Lords and the House of the Commons, and it was a major step towards representative government.
6. Why did cities such as Venice flourish as a result of the Crusades? Crusaders depended of those cities for supplies, so they became important trading cities and businesses flourished.