Presentation on theme: "Welcome to today’s service… Say to them that are of a fearful heart, be strong, fear not, behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompense;"— Presentation transcript:
Welcome to today’s service… Say to them that are of a fearful heart, be strong, fear not, behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompense; he will come and save you. – Isaiah 35:
1. Hymn 15 - Yoruba Motiri, motiri, motimo, P’aiye ti soro odi, So Olorun lat’ ara mi, Dariji, dariji, dariji, Eleda o dariji, Dariji, dariji, dariji, Baba mi o dariji, Amin.
2. Hymn 387 – Yoruba (117 Eng) 1.Emi ba legberun ahon, Fiyin Olugbala Ogo Olorun oba mi, Isegun Ore re cr Abi ko seun fun o, A oma se fun mi Eje re se fun, Eje re se fun mi. 2.Jesu to soro mi dayo, Omu banuje tan Orin ‘yin lenu elese, Iye ati ilera cr Abi ko seun fun o, A oma se fun mi. 3.Baba mi at’Olorun mi, Fun mi ni ‘ranwo Re Ki nle ro ka gbogbo aiye, Lola oruko Re cr Abi ko seun fun o, A oma se fun mi. 4. O korin odi gbohun Re, A foju ri gbala Oniro binuje yo ayo, Ara e ho fayo cr Abi ko seun fun o, A oma se fun mi. (Amen)
Three members’ prayers… With God All Things Are Possible! -- Matthew 19:26
3. Hymn 41 - English 1.Holy Spirit the Comforter Descend into our midst Thou are the King of blessing We are expecting thee. 2.For thou art the Almighty King Great King and benefactor Oh King of spirit descend now We are expecting thee. 3.King of mercy descend now Look on us with mercy We thy children look unto thee Open thy door of mercy. 4.Oh Holy King, benefactor Father send us blessings For thou art the Almighty Who blesses His children. 5.King of mercy, O King of life Kindle thy light for us Thou art the King full of light We are expecting thee. 6.O Holy King, O King of light Descend and bless us now For thou art King of mercy We are expecting thee. Amen.
Silent Prayer Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. -- Mark 11:24
4. Hymn 78 – English 1.Father, give us thy power Father, give us thy power The power to conquer witches The to conquer wizards The power evil world cannot confront Father, give us thy power. 2. Father, give us thy spirit Father, give us thy spirit Thy spirit to overcome witches Thy spirit to overcome wizards Thy spirit evil world cannot confront Father, give us thy spirit. Amen.
1 st Bible Lesson Joel 3:1-18 Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am strong."' – Joel 3:10
1 st Lesson – Joel 3:1-18 Judgment on the Nations 1 "For behold, in those days and at that time, When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land. 3 They have cast lots for My people, Have given a boy as payment for a harlot, And sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.
1 st Lesson – Joel 3: "Indeed, what have you to do with Me, O Tyre and Sidon, and all the coasts of Philistia? Will you retaliate against Me? But if you retaliate against Me, Swiftly and speedily I will return your retaliation upon your own head; 5 Because you have taken My silver and My gold, And have carried into your temples My prized possessions. 6 Also the people of Judah and the people of Jerusalem You have sold to the Greeks, That you may remove them far from their borders.
1 st Lesson – Joel 3:1-18 "Behold, I will raise them Out of the place to which you have sold them, And will return your retaliation upon your own head. 8 I will sell your sons and your daughters Into the hand of the people of Judah, And they will sell them to the Sabeans,  To a people far off; For the LORD has spoken." 9 Proclaim this among the nations: "Prepare for war! Wake up the mighty men, Let all the men of war draw near, Let them come up.1
1 st Lesson – Joel 3: Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am strong."' 11 Assemble and come, all you nations, And gather together all around. Cause Your mighty ones to go down there, O LORD. 12 "Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; For there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. 13 Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; For the winepress is full, The vats overflow-- For their wickedness is great."
1 st Lesson – Joel 3: Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. 15 The sun and moon will grow dark, And the stars will diminish their brightness. 16 The LORD also will roar from Zion, And utter His voice from Jerusalem; The heavens and earth will shake; But the LORD will be a shelter for His people, And the strength of the children of Israel.
1 st Lesson – Joel 3: "So you shall know that I am the LORD your God, Dwelling in Zion My holy mountain. Then Jerusalem shall be holy, And no aliens shall ever pass through her again." God Blesses His People 18 And it will come to pass in that day That the mountains shall drip with new wine, The hills shall flow with milk, And all the brooks of Judah shall be flooded with water; A fountain shall flow from the house of the LORD And water the Valley of Acacias.
5. Hymn 52 – Yoruba 1.Oluwa Olugbala, Oluwa Olugbala, Jehovah Olugbala, Yio si gbo ti wa. 2.Oluwa Oba Iye Oluwa Oba Iye, Kristi Oba Imole, O mbe lodo wa. 3.E kepe Oba Ogo, E kepe Oba Mimo, E kepe Oba Iye Yio si gbo oro wa. 4.Oba ti ko gbagbe, Oba ti ko gbagbe, Oba ti ko gbagbe, Ijo Mimo re. - OVER -
5. Hymn 52 – Yoruba 5.Awon Angeli mbe, Awon Angeli mbe, Awon Angeli mbe, Ninu ayo nla. 6.Iyin fun Oba Mimo, Iyin fun Oba nla, Ogo ni fun Oba nla, Fun ise Re ni. 7.E ke Halleluya, E ke Halleluya, E ke Halleluya, Pelu ife Mimo. Amin.
2 nd Bible Lesson 2 Peter 2:11-22 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. – 2 Peter 2:21
2 nd Lesson – 2 Peter 2: whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord. Depravity of False Teachers 12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, 14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children.
2 nd Lesson – 2 Peter 2: They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet. 17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
2 nd Lesson – 2 Peter 2:11-22 Deceptions of False Teachers 18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
2 nd Lesson – 2 Peter 2: For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
6. Hymn Yoruba 1.Eda to mola ko si, Eda to mola ko si, Eda to mola ko si, Asan laiye nse. 2.Imo asan ni t’aiye, Imo asan ni t’aiye, Imo asan ni t’aiye, Asan laiye nse. 3.Sagbeke le Oluwa, Sagbeke le Oluwa, Sagbeke le Oluwa, Sagbeke re le. Amin.
The Sermon… That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. -- Romans 10:9
Collection… Please remember… All collections are taken ONCE, followed by tithes and Chairmanship!
Thanks Offering… Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. – Psalms 100:4
7. Hymn Yoruba 1.Jehovah, Jesu Kristi, Michael Mimo, Oga ogun, Ijo Mimo mbe niwaju Re, Teru tedun okan wa, Lati saferi Emi Mimo, Ewa ogo Orun, Ibukun ati gbega, Ma se fi du wa. 2.Ma bi si i, Si ma re si i, Ileri Re f’Abraham, Niwoyi odun titun, Iwo yio f’omo se re, Ileri yi fun Sarah, Jo muse f’awon agan, Ti nwon woju Re Baba, F’omo b’Isaki. 3.Ninu okun pupa ni, Farao at’ogun re, Parun laigberi mo, Fun isimi okan Israel, Nigbati ‘reti dopin, Okun diyangbe ile, Nipa agbara iyanu yi, Sin wa de ‘nu iye. 4.Ogbon, Imo, Oye Re, Gegebi ti Solomon, Igbega ati igbala Bi ti Josef’, Danieli, Imisi a ‘tohun Orun, Bi ti Paul, Samueli, Elmorijah, Olubukun, Se nwon ni ti ‘wa. - OVER -
7. Hymn Yoruba 5.Awa nse ireti Re, Gege b’Omo ileri, Ajo jumo jogun iye, Ainipekun ‘joba orun, Wa f’Emi orun s’atoko, Di wa l’amure agbara, Ka sise lailabawon, Si iye ainipekun. Amin.