3Survey questions:• Do absolute moral truths exist? • Is absolute truth defined by the Bible? • Did Jesus Christ live a sinless life? • Is God the all-powerful and all-knowing Creator of the universe, and does He still rule it today? • Is salvation a gift from God that cannot be earned? • Is Satan real? • Does a Christian have a responsibility to share his or her faith in Christ with other people? • Is the Bible accurate in all of its teachings?
4For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food.Job 23:11-12
5When I discovered your words, I devoured them When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God of Heaven’s Armies.Jeremiah 15:16
6During that time the devil came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”Matthew 4:3-4
7These instructions are not empty words—they are your life These instructions are not empty words—they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life in the land…”Deuteronomy 32:47
81. God’s Communication to Us All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.2 Timothy 3:16-17
91. God’s Communication to Us For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.1 Thessalonians 2:13
101. God’s Communication to Us For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.Hebrews 4:12
111. God’s Communication to Us The instructions of the LORD are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight for living. Reverence for the LORD is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the LORD are true; each one is fair.
121. God’s Communication to Us They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. They are a warning to your servant, a great reward for those who obey them.Psalm 19:7-11
131. God’s Communication to Us For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.Hebrews 4:12
14Through God’s Word we…- Learn what God is like- Understand the way He thinks- Discover His plan and purpose- Receive direction and guidance
15Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105
162. God Grows and Matures Us Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation.1 Peter 2:2
172. God Grows and Matures Us So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding.Hebrews 6:1
182. God Grows and Matures Us …we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ. ...growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.Ephesians 4:13,15
193. Sanctifies and Sets Us Apart I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.
203. Sanctifies and Sets Us Apart I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.John 17:15-20
213. Sanctifies and Sets Us Apart Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.2 Timothy 2:15
22Commitment to God’s Word… READ ITSTUDY ITMEMORIZE ITMEDITATE ON ITOBEY ITSHARE IT
23Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.Psalm 1:1-3