Presentation on theme: "The Word of God Gen 1:1 – Rev 22:21. Sine qua non of salvation Affirms godly blessings Instills wisdom Mentors Commands our attention Powerful Enduring."— Presentation transcript:
The Word of God Gen 1:1 – Rev 22:21
Sine qua non of salvation Affirms godly blessings Instills wisdom Mentors Commands our attention Powerful Enduring Spiritually discerned Revives The Word of God
Promotes spiritual growth Testifies as Jesus Used falsely Weapon against Satan Invokes the Holy Spirit Yields faith Gives hope Reveals Truth The Word of God
1. Sine qua non of salvation 2. Affirms godly blessings 3. Instills wisdom 4. Mentors 5. Commands our devotion The Word of God
1. Sine Qua Non of Salvation Essential element to redemption Rom 3:10,11 There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understand, there is none who seeks for God. Rom 3:23-25 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith…
1. Sine Qua Non of Salvation Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Rom 10:14,17 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? …So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
1. Sine Qua Non of Salvation The Spirit works subconsciously to give the faith to believe what is heard to glorify Christ. John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him… John 16:13,14 But when He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth … He will glorify Me… Hearing the Word of God is essential in the redemption of a lost soul.
2. Affirms Godly Blessings Special favor, benefit, or condition bestowed by God – obvious or obscure Luke 11:28 But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.” James 1:15 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does. Psalm 119:1 How blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.
2. Affirms Godly Blessings Psalm 119:38 Establish Your word to Your servant, as that which produces reverence for You. Psalm 119:162 I rejoice at Your word, as one who finds great spoil. Psalm 119:172 Let my tongue sing of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteousness. Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul…
3. Instills Wisdom Wisdom – The power to discern and judge properly as to what is true or right. But, the Wisdom from the Word is unique (see James 3:13-18). 1 Cor 1:20 … Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 1 Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. … James 3:15,17 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. … But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
3. Instills Wisdom Qualities of the Wisdom from the Word Joshua 23:6 Be very firm, then, to keep and do all that is written in the book of the law of Moses, so that you may not turn aside from it to the right hand or to the left. Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word.
3. Instills Wisdom Psalm 119:11 Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:133 Establish my footsteps in Your word, and do not let any iniquity have dominion over me. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
4. Mentors Instructs and guides in principle and example 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness. Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
4. Mentors 2 Sam 12:9 'Why have you despised the word of the Lord by doing evil in His sight? … 2 King 22:13 “…concerning the words of this book that has been found, for great is the wrath of the Lord that burns against us, because our fathers have not listened to the words of this book, to do according to all that is written concerning us.“ Hebrews 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.
4. Mentors Jeremiah 13:10 This wicked people, who refuse to listen to My words, who walk in the stubbornness of their hearts and have gone after other gods to serve them and to bow down to them … 1 Sam 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and insubordination is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has also rejected you from being king.
5. Commands Our Devotion Scripture itself commands our attention 2 Tim 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 1 Tim 4:13 Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching. 2 Tim 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season … Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.
5. Commands Our Devotion Deu 6:7 You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night Psalm 119:15 I will meditate on Your precepts and regard Your ways. Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.
1.Sine qua non of salvation 2.Affirms godly blessings 3.Instills wisdom 4.Mentors 5.Commands our devotion The Word of God