Presentation on theme: "Welcome to CODEC. CODEC is an inheritor of DANIDA Bangladesh derived from couple of project intervention explicitly DANIDA Boat Building Project and Boat."— Presentation transcript:
CODEC is an inheritor of DANIDA Bangladesh derived from couple of project intervention explicitly DANIDA Boat Building Project and Boat Rental Scheme. CODEC has been working as a people centered development organization since 1985. CODEC has been growing and evolving into efficient and effective non-governmental development organization in the coastal area of Bangladesh.
Vision - A prosperous, empowered and healthy coastal community with equal rights, dignity and social justice irrespective of caste, creed and gender. Mission - Empower the disadvantaged coastal communities by undertaking appropriate socio-economic development interventions such as community institution building and leadership development, micro- finance program, quality education, health awareness, environmental promotion, climate response activities and upliftment of social justice. Vision - A prosperous, empowered and healthy coastal community with equal rights, dignity and social justice irrespective of caste, creed and gender. Mission - Empower the disadvantaged coastal communities by undertaking appropriate socio-economic development interventions such as community institution building and leadership development, micro- finance program, quality education, health awareness, environmental promotion, climate response activities and upliftment of social justice. Program Coverage Districts: 15 Upazillas: 65
1. MICRO FINANCE PROGRAMME Overall Objective: Eradicating poverty and ensuring the economic development of underprivileged fisher folk and other coastal communities. Programme: Savings, Credit support, Small Loan- RMC, Small Entrepreneurs- ME, Support to Hard Core Poor. Target HH Coverage: Total 95724 Households Income Budget: Tk. 151,991,373. Expenditure Budget : Tk. 117,637, 519. Surplus Budget: Tk. 34,353,854 Donor : DANIDA, PKSF, Str mmy Foundation 2. Project Title: MIME Micro Insurance for Mutual Enabling 2. Project Title: MIME Micro Insurance for Mutual Enabling Overall Objectives: 1) To sensitizing NGO/MFIs and mainstreaming insurance companies to the concept of mutuality and MIME for the welfare of the poor in Bangladesh. 2) To reduce vulnerability of the poor people. 3) To provide additional services for the interest of the poor community. Donor : INAFI Bangladesh Period: July 12 to June 2013
3. Project Title: Agriculture & Nutrition Extension Project (ANEP) Overall Objective: To improve the food security and nutrition of the poorest and most vulnerable HHs in both rural and urban areas. Programme Activities: 1) Farmers group sessions for production and business planning, 2) Nutritious vegetable production training and demo. 3) Off season vegetable training and demo, 4) Nutritious vegetable kitchen garden promotion packages, 5) Compost and soil management training and demo., 6) Establish Market planning committee and cooperatives for market chain development. 7) Strengthen govt. extension and research agencies. Target HH Coverage: Total 5000 Fund (IDE): Tk.28,447,395 Fund (WF): 8,245,120 Donor : European Union 4. Project Title: Protection of Vulnerable Children of Teknaf and Ukhya in Cox’s Bazar District. Overall objective - Identification, Reporting and Monitoring Of Child Protection Issues Established and Functional In the Selected Areas. Program Activities- 1)raining on CRC, leadership and child friendly space management. 2) Provide occupational skill development training. 3) Facilitate to children enrolment at formal and non-formal schools. 4) Secure child birth registration. 5) Facilitate the adolescents’ boys & girls to be engaged in individual /collective IGAs Target HH Coverage: Total 4500 children and adolescents' Fund : Tk. 66,773,900Donor : UNICEF Period: IDE- March’12 – Dec’14 WF- March 12 – Dec’ 15 Period: August’10- Dec’15
Strategic Objectives-1 Improved health and nutritional status of children under-5 and pregnant & lactating women Strategic Objectives-2 Poor and extremely poor households have increased production and income Strategic Objectives-3 Households in target communities protect their lives and assets and quickly resume livelihood activities following natural disasters Target HH Coverage: Barisal: 23,706, Amtali: 57,523, Total: 81,229 Fund : Tk 203,668,568 Project Period: Oct’10-Feb’15 Donor: USAID, Save the Children & GoB
6. Project Title Enhance income generation and Nutrition status of the Poor through aquaculture Area: Barisal & Amtoli Overall objective Increase income and nutrition of poor families through pond fish and vegetable cultivation. Capacity enhancement of existing commercial fish farmers in the proposed area. Program Activities: 1. House hold survey and data base preparation based on GIS system, 2. Group formation (Informal) and leader selection, 3. Staff capacity development (ToT for field staff), 4. Monthly training to assist farmers on pond/gher management 5. Demo pond set up, 5. Nursery development, 6. Link with value chain market and linkage building with GoB and other service provider, 7. Coordination with Co-management Committee, 8. Cage culture. Target HH Coverage: Total 16000 HH Fund: Tk. 34,363,346 Donor : World Fish Center Period :16 Feb `12 – 30 Sept `13 7. Project Title Enhance income generation and Nutrition status of the Poor through aquaculture Area: Bagerhat Overall objective : As Above Target HH Coverage: Total 18000Period :12 Feb`12 – Sept `13 Fund: Tk. 32,455,004Donor : World Fish Center
8. Project Title: NATUN ALO (New Light) Overall Objective: By 2016, 1000 poor and marginalized families of Patuakhali District of Bangladesh have improved economic status and enjoy their entitlements with dignity. Program Activities: 1. Peoples Organization Development & Functions, 2. Basic Health and Nutrition, 3. Basic and Functional Education, 4. IGAs activities, 5. Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Target HH Coverage: Total 1000 householdsPeriod :July`11 – June`16 Fund : Tk.51,169,774 Donor : STRØMME FOUNDATION 9. Project Title: Strengthening Local CBOs & NGOs Support Project Overall Objective : Strengthening financial resource management capacity of local small NGOs and CBOs towards poverty eradication through integrated development approach in Bangladesh. Fund: 150,174,563 Period: Dec 2013 Donor : STRØMME FOUNDATION
10. Project Title: Program for Strengthening Household Access to Resources (PROSHAR) Overall Objective : Reduced Food Insecurity among Vulnerable Rural pulsations. Strategic objective-1 : Income & Access to Food of Poor and Ultra Poor Households improved. Strategic objective-2 : Health of Pregnant & Lactating Women and Children Under -5 improved. Strategic objective-3 : Institutions and Households prepared to respond effectively to shocks. Target HH Coverage: Total 7200 households Fund : Tk. 42,497,903Donor : ACDI-VOCA / USAID & GoB 11. Project Title: Strengthening Partnership, Results and Innovation in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) Overall Objectives: Improvement of household behaviors and increase consumption of appropriately diverse foods, thereby creating an enabling environment to improve the nutritional status of women and young children in coastal area. Target HH Coverage: Total 14400 Fund: Tk. 12,683,174 Donor : Save the Children Major Activities: 1) Fortnightly Farmers Field School Sessions, 2) Poultry Shed Distribution, 3) Vegetable Seed Distribution Period : Dec’11- May`13 Period : 16’Oct 12 – 15 Oct’ 13
12. Project Title : SHIKHON - Supporting the Hardest to Reach through Education Overall Objective: Contribute to the achievements of Bangladesh’s development goals and to a national basic education framework. Programme: Non Formal Primary Education (NFPE), Early Primary Education (EPE), Community Children Club (CCC) Target Children Coverage: 8472 Fund : TK. 118,977,150 Donor: Save the Children 13. Project Title: Promoting Talent Through Early Education (PROTEEVA) Overall Objective : Improve primary school enrollment, completion and academic performance for children in Bangladesh Three Key Components: 1. ECD (Early Childhood Development), 2. PE (Primary Education) 3. SHN (School Health Nutrition) Target Children Coverage: Total 137520 Fund: Tk. 125,463,210Donor : Save the Children Period: Jan`12 – Dec` 16 Period: March 10 – August 14
14. Project Title: Household Economic and Food Security of Extreme poor (HEFS) Overall Objectives: Elimination of extreme poverty of 20000 target households in outreach coastal areas have graduated out of extreme poverty with three years. Fund: TK.175,463,210Donor: Save the Children Program Activities: 1) EP HHs identified, conduct HH Micro plan and baseline assessed, 2) Linkages for Social Protection and Safety Net Established as per HH Micro Plans, 3) Livelihoods of EP HH improved and diversified -Direct delivery (Inputs), 4) Awareness building and linkages for Nutrition, health and basic services through court yard meeting and linkage development workshop, 5) Provide temporary Financial Assistance, 6) Provide training to staff and HHs. 15. Project Title: Income Generating Activities for the Underprivileged Communities mainly through Awareness and Education Programme. Overall Objective: Improve socio-economic and cultural conditions of the underprivileged landless/asset less people of Bagherhat and its adjacent districts to the extent where they have secured their basic needs and a healthy environment. Program Activities: Formal Education Early child development education LIFE Education (Shonglap) for Adolescents Return to school Training and Capacity Building Micro Credit Peoples Organization. Fund: TK. 86,534,720Donor: STRØMME FOUNDATION Target Coverage: Total 25401 men, women, Children & Adolescents' Period: April `09 – March `15 Period: Jan`11 – Dec`13
16. Project Title: Promotion of Food Security Through Soil Fertility Management in Hilly Areas. Overall Objective: To improve food security of poor, small and marginal farmers through promotion of suitable agro-technology in agro-ecologically disadvantaged hilly areas. Program Activities: 1) Beneficiaries training on broiler rearing, nursery establishment, biogas establishment, food bank, short duration rice, home gardening & tree plantation, mushroom cultivation & Basic Agriculture training etc. 2) Bench terrace demonstration, power tiller, power tiller operated dry seeder, low lift pump, paddle thresher, sprayer, rice weedier, spade, IRRI super bag, home gardening, tree plantation, nursery, food bank, biogas, compost, hedge row and mini horticulture establishment. Fund: Tk. 30,808,049 Donor: European Union and Bangladesh Government Target HH Coverage: Total 2000 17. Project Title: Coastal Peoples’ Participation in Formulation of National Policies and Law (PRODIP) Overall Objective: To promote Coastal Peoples’ participation in the development of effective national policies and legislative initiatives relating to the eradication of extreme poverty and protection of the environment, while at the same time strengthening the representational, legislative and oversight capabilities of area Members of Parliament (MPs) to allow them to effectively pursue the agreed-upon policy agenda. Target Area Coverage: 03 Districts & 10 Upazillas Fund: Tk. 17,885,466 Donor: Asia Foundation Period: July 10-Dec`13 Period: August 11 – July 14
18. Project Title: CODEC School Feeding Programme Overall Objective: To have access in nutritious and healthy food of starving children at river and sea eroded areas of Chittagong & Laxmipur. Program Activities: 1) Primary School selection at river eroded and impoverished areas and enlistment of children. 2) De-worming and orientation on hygiene to the children, teachers and programme staffs. 3) Balance dietary food preparation and feeding. 4) Ensure Safe water and sanitation. 5) Cleanliness Day Observation in each week Target Population Coverage: Total 655 Children under 03 primary schools (Rehabilitation areas of Kalakopa – Alexander, Kalkini of Laxmipur, North Selimpur Jaladas village – Sitakunda, Chittagong Fund : 8,924,921 Donor: Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO) 19. Project Title: Early Recovery of Flood Victims in south east Bangladesh. Overall Objective: 1. Cash for Work for 40 days, 2. Cash For Training (CFT) and 25 days Cash for Work, 3. Unconditional Cash Grant. Target HH Coverage: : 4,050 HH Fund Budget: 25,861,148 Donor: Save the Children Period : Dec`12 – Dec`14 Period: Nov 12 – April 13
20. Project Title: New Partnership In Participatory Market System Development (PMSD) Overall Objective: Reduce rural poverty and enhance food and nutrition security of rural marginalized producers in the project areas through application of Participatory Market System Development (PMSD) approach. Target: 500 HH, Fund: Tk. 702,600 Duration: 01 march/13 – September/14 Donor: ICCO through Practical Action
CODEC Chittagong Training Center (CCTC)CODEC Patuakhali Training Center (CPTC) CODEC Bagerhat Training Center (CBTC) 21. CODEC Residential Training Centers: CODEC has been operating three residential Training Centers in Chittagong, Patuakhali and Bagerhat with visual and digital equipment along with necessary accessories. CODEC itself, local, national and international NGOs and GoB regularly arrange, organize and facilitate staff and community members training program, workshops, seminar and conference at these Training Centers. These Training Centers are self-financed and self-administered.