Presentation on theme: "Www.boundarydevices.com “Presenting the elements of your next design”"— Presentation transcript:
“Presenting the elements of your next design”
Who We Are Boundary Devices designs and manufactures ARM-based single board computers for the general embedded market but differs from broad market suppliers in our focus on customer service and fast turn-around time. Founded in 2003 Privately Held 16,000 Square Foot Facility in Chandler, AZ
Why Boundary Devices? 1. Custom Designs/Solutions 2. Power-over-Ethernet 3. Display + Touch Screen Support 4. Embedded Operating System Support 5. Extensive Peripheral Integration
1. Custom Designs/Solutions BD specializes in creating semi-custom solutions based on its’ wide array of standard products Time to Market is critical and one size does NOT fit all – optimize solution to meet cost, hardware, mechanical, and software specifications Custom boards delivered quickly and at a reasonable price Example 1: Company looking to take existing industrial controls product and give it a facelift. Needs a 4.3” display, video playback, RS485/RS232 support and custom form factor.
IMX53 Custom Development Example “I like the Ipad but I need it to…” Custom Tablet Development Mining Company needed tablet to send with inspectors to inspect and repair mining equipment Need low power SBC for long battery life but high performance to run Android and a variety of peripherals Wide variety of peripheral requirements including Accelerometer, Compass, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular, IR Touch, Bright LEDs, Camera Designed custom IMX535 board to meet customer requirements
2. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Power Electronic Devices via an Ethernet cable – just requires PoE module and PoE Switch Allows power AND data to be supplied by the same CAT 5 cable Removes need for costly electricians to install conduit, wiring, and outlets Pluggable PoE Module can be used with ANY Boundary Devices Board On-Shelf Advertising and Access Control are two ideal markets 4.3” PoE Touch Computer On-Shelf Advertising
3. Display + Touch Screen BD Products are designed to take advantage of high-end ARM processors with excellent multimedia capabilities Applications requiring video playback and touch screen interactivity are a specialty Interfaced with a wide variety of displays: Over 10 panels supported 3.5” PRGB to 22” LVDS (HDMI/DVI monitors) Five different touch screen models: resistive, capacitive, IR, single and multi-touch 12.1” Android Tablet with state-of-the-art low power LED backlit display and capacitive multi-touch 6.2” Player Tracking module for Casino Slot Machines. 4-wire and 5- wire resistive touch screens 12.1” Android Tablet Casino Player Tracking
4. Embedded Operating Systems Software support is typically the major roadblock for getting products to market BD provides OS-level software support to help get customers moving quickly and efficiently All Operating System development is done in-house, so minor OS tweaks can be accomplished in a matter of days BD supports Windows Ce, Android, and multiple Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, and LTIB Demo units with customers’ actual software help seal business deals
5. Peripheral Support Integrate virtually any peripheral utilizing wide array of daughter boards RFID Readers, barcode scanners, ticket/receipt printers, laser printers, embedded cameras, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Accelerometer, and many more BD can provide device drivers and sample code for all peripheral devices Price Checker – PoE 10.4” device with barcode scanner Turnstile Controller – 5.7” display with speakers, microphone, barcode scanner, relay, Ethernet Kiosk – Dual 7” displays, magnetic card reader, barcode scanner, RFID reader, receipt printer Price Checking Turnstile Controller Kiosk
Processor Family Experience with a variety of different processor families Marvell PXA255/270 Texas Instruments DaVinci Intel Z510/Z530 Atom Freescale i.MX31, i.MX51, i.MX53 Xenon - TI DaVinci Titanium - Intel Atom NitrogenE - Freescale i.MX51 Neon270 – Marvell PXA270
Nitrogen Family Based on IMX515 and IMX535 Freescale Processors Applications: Digital Signage, Streaming Video, Industrial Controls, Tablets, Casino Gaming Standard Products have a variety of peripherals including USB, 10/100 Ethernet, Serial Ports, HDMI output, Stereo Audio, 5MP Camera Android, WinCE 6.0, Linux OS Nitrogen53 (IMX535) NitrogenVM (IMX515)NitrogenE (IMX515)
IMX5X Enclosures Numerous Enclosures for our IMX5X boards Work with industrial designers
References BD has worked with many high profile customers including: Ticketmaster Bally Gaming Hitachi General Electric Siemens Lockheed Martin IBM US Navy
Summary Dedicated to customer service Custom Designs Power over Ethernet Expertise Experienced in a variety of display and touch screen integration Excellent Hardware & Software Support All OS-level Software in-house Expansive Peripheral Support including device drivers Utilizing Boundary Devices would be a great element in your next design!