Presentation on theme: ". Granada 41. Federico García Lorca was a famous Spanish writer who was born in Granada Spain. One of his most famous works was “ La Casa de Bernarda Alba”"— Presentation transcript:
. Granada 41. Federico García Lorca was a famous Spanish writer who was born in Granada Spain. One of his most famous works was “ La Casa de Bernarda Alba”
42.Federico García Lorca was Shot during the Spanish Civil War. He was assassinated for being against the fascist government (they assume…they never found his body.)
43. Cesar Chavez was a Mexican- American leader who led migrant workers to better conditions through the United Farm Workers. His slogan was “ Sí, se puede” for “yes it can ( be done)” or “ yes, it’s possible”
Side one De Colores (Traditional, arranged by Los Lobos) 5:10 Huelga en General (Luis Valdez-Baldemar Gomez) 3:14 Yo Estoy Con Chavez (Ramon "Tiguere" Rodriguez) 2:30 Mujeres Valientes (Miguel Francisco Barragon Sung by Raul P. Brambila) 2:20 Mañana Is Now (Art P. Brambila) 3:20 Side two Tilingo Lingo (Traditional, arr. Lino Carrillos & Los Lobos) 1:50 Corrido de Dolores Huerta #39 (Carmen Moreno) 4:00 Chicanita de Aztlán (Ramón "Tiguere" Rodriguez) 4:20 Sangre Antigua (Carmen Moreno) 4:25 No Nos Moverán (Traditional, arranged by Los Lobos) 3:00
44. Roberto Clemente was the first Latin American to be selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame
Pittsburgh Pirates the first Hispanic player to win a World Series as a starter (1960), win a league MVP award (1966) and win a World Series MVP award (1971). led the league in batting average in four different seasons. humanitarian work in Puerto Rico and other Latin American countries. He died in a plane crash on December 31, 1972, while en route to deliver aid to earthquake victims in Nicaragua.
45. Lee Treviño is an Hispanic golfer (born in Texas) who became one of the greater players in golf history.(He is an icon for Mexican Americans, and is often referred to as "The Merry Mex" and "Supermex". He won six major championships over the course of his career.)
46. El Greco was a famous painter who lived in Toledo Spain (and painted a famous painting of Toledo.) He was born in Greece and is therefore called “ El Greco” The Greek. He was born Δομήνικος Θεοτοκόπουλος (Doménikos Theotokópoulos).
46. El Greco “Portrait of an Old Man” 1596-1600
46. El Greco “The Assumption of the Virgin(Mary into heaven)” 1577-1579
46. El Greco “The burial of the Count of Orgaz” 1586-1588
The Burial of the Count of Orgaz (1586–1588, oil on canvas, 480 × 360 cm, Santo Tomé, Toledo), now El Greco's best known work, illustrates a popular local legend……... An exceptionally large painting– 16 feet X 12 feet
43. Who was the Mexican- American leader who led migrant workers to better conditions through the United Farm Workers. His slogan was “ Sí, se puede” for “yes it can ( be done)” or “ yes, it’s possible”