Presentation on theme: "Back to the Basics The Holy Spirit is the Helper."— Presentation transcript:
Back to the Basics The Holy Spirit is the Helper
1. Helper through Problems Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
1. Helper through Problems A. Problems in Power - Many times we feel that we are strong enough to handle things on our own, but we end up in a bigger mess. - John 14:12- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”
1. Helper through Problems B. Problems in Prayer - Have you ever been to a point in your life that you have prayed and prayed and now you are to the point that you just don’t know what to say? - Those moments in your life when you throw your hands up and say God I don’t know what else to do; those are the moments when the Holy Spirit takes over.
2. Helper in Production Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
2. Helper in Production A. Actions toward Others - Love- I know some are easier to love than others, but we must love all. - Joy- Can you say that you have real joy in your life?
2. Helper in Production B. Actions within Ourselves - Self control- The power we have to resist evil things in our lives. - We live in a society in which there are many people who have lost control and are doing things they shouldn’t. Why? Because they aren’t applying the Holy Spirit in those areas of their life.
3. Helper during Process 1 Peter 1:2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:
3. Helper during Process A. Process of Dedication - Sanctification is a process. You don’t become a learned student of God overnight. - The Holy Spirit pushes us in this area to read more, pray more, come to church more, give more, do more.
3. Helper during Process B. Process of Duration - Because He helps us in our Spiritual life, He should also help us in our physical life. - So, as we go about our everyday life, we should be looking to the guidance of the Holy Spirit to help us live, in the world but not of the world.