Presentation on theme: "HASANUDDIN UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT （ JBIC Loan IP-541 ） 7 th Aug 2008 Quarterly Progress Report April-July 2008 PACIFIC CONSULTANTS."— Presentation transcript:
HASANUDDIN UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT （ JBIC Loan IP-541 ） 7 th Aug 2008 Quarterly Progress Report April-July 2008 PACIFIC CONSULTANTS INTERNATIONAL IN ASSOCIATION WITH INTEM CONSULTING INC PT.CAKRA MANGGILINGAN JAYA PT. DUTA HARI MURTHI CONSULTANTS GOVERNMENT OF INDONESIA MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF HIGHER EDUCATION HASANUDDIN UNIVERSITY
HASANUDDIN UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT Activities 1. Campus Master Plan (Finalization) 2. Preliminary Design (Package-1) 3. Detailed Design (Package-1) 4. Prequalification (Package-1)
CAMPUS MASTER PLAN AT GOWA
Bird Eye View Perspective of Gowa Campus
Design Principle Research Based Campus Creating campus life atmosphere through integration of activities and space Futuristic and Traditional Eco and Green Campus East-West Axis, Natural ventilation, Save energy Easy Operation and Maintenance
Research Based Campus COT + Academic Zone (Department Laboratories)
COT (Center of Technology) Function: to promote linkage and collaboration among UNHAS-FE, industrial sector, other universities and academic institutions. Operation: has own organization and collects information for UNHAS- FE’s research activities.
Academic Zone = Research Zone The Laboratory Buildings for 6 departments are planned in the east area of Gowa Campus. Individual department buildings are linked to each other by the Campus Mall. This planning concept makes university’s activities smooth and promotes each department’s uniqueness. Open spaces behind 6 department laboratory buildings are the future extension areas where future laboratory buildings will be planned.
Design of Entrance Gate
Facade Design Façade of Entrance Gate Buildings are designed futuristically using glass and metal based on present technology and contemporary design
Identities of Department Laboratories The department laboratory buildings are being created so as to have a special identity of them own. The components of these design policies will create an attractive campus with an identity and a sense of unity.
Pedestrian Deck Layout
Historical Symbols Existing administration building will be renovated and utilizing as a museum for the new campus. The history and the tradition of UNHAS-FE will be memorized in this preserved building The existing Tugu Ayam will be preserved at the same location and symbolized in a roundabout on the axis of access road.
Eco (eco-friendly and economical) and Green Campus To maximize utilization of the natural climatic benefits of the project site, and to produce innovative design that will optimize the use of natural wind, daylight and temperature swings, reducing reliance on mechanical and electrical systems, thereby saving resources and reducing emission of greenhouse gases. Eco Concept Eco Design ⇒ Eco Design
Eco Campus Save energy: East-West Axis, Natural ventilation, Natural lighting, Solar shading Use Natural Energy (Solar Panel) Bicycle Network: To encourage the use of bicycles, rent-free- bicycle is recommended to promote the use of bicycles.
Natural ventilation The Atrium provides excellent ventilation by chimney effect which exhausts hotter air from inside and intakes colder air from outside through outside windows facing towards the atrium.
Reduction of heat load & Natural lighting The heat load of the building is reduced by solar shading The building is planned to utilize atrium to reduce daytime illumination load using natural lighting in all occupied rooms.
Solar Shading & Natural lighting
Green Campus The landscape concepts are to make the modern technological campus more green and shaded as well as a good environmental system by increasing the planting species and conserving rare plants and indigenous plants of Sulawesi Island.
Package- 1 Detailed Design
1. Building’s Room Layout Feature 1) Research room Unit: Prof, AP, Assist, Graduate, Meeting 2) Laboratory: Experimentation, Laborant 3) Design Studio (1) Architecture Department (9,422 ㎡ )
GF 1F 2F 3F
MeetingGraduate SAP Ass P
1. Building’s Room Layout Feature 1) 2-stories Laboratory: Lower floor for experiment Upper floor for staff room 2) Professor room 3) Research room (capacity 26 or 14) (2) Civil Engineering Department (8,248 ㎡ )
GF 1F 2F 3F
Professor x 18 room
1. Building’s Room Layout Feature 1) 2-stairs and wide corridor 2) 2 classroom special designed with LCD 3) Basic Science Laboratory (3) Classroom Building (11,701 ㎡ )
with LCD 2-Stairs W=3.6m Basic Science Lab GF 1F
1. Building’s Room Layout Feature 1) 2 Entrance at Ground Floor: for Pedestrian and Vehicle user (with 8 Parking Space) 2) Common space: Entrance hall, Reception, security, mushola, pantry, garden, etc 3) Dean Floor with Special design 4) Showcase: GF-3F for Dep., 4F for Dean (4) COT Building (6,925 ㎡ )
2 Entrance GF 4F Reception Security Dean Area Dean Hall
1. Building’s Room Layout Feature 1) General entrance and service access 2) Complex: Clear zone division 3) Library: Security system o 4) Lecture Theater: Acoustic and special design (5) Library Building (6,829 ㎡ )
1F 4F Security Lecture Theater
Library Image Lecture Theater Image
2. Elevation 1/ Concept The UNHAS-FE Campus is projected an appropriate identity and image of "futuristic and traditional". And also the department laboratory buildings are being created so as to have a special identity of them own. The components of these design policies will create an attractive campus with an identity and a sense of unity.
2. Elevation 2/ Building Identity Architecture Department: Traditional style of Gowa such as Independent Column and Tower Civil Engineering Department: Dynamic Structure, Strength COT and Library : “Entrance Gate”.
COT & Library
COT and Library make ‘GATE’
Development Phasing Schedule
Packaging (JBIC Yen Loan Portion)
Implementation Schedule (Local Government Portion) 2008: Demolition of PKG (“1.5 months behind” up to today) Delay of demolition will influence implementation schedule 2009: Completion of Inner Campus Road, Parking, Landscaping 2010: Completion of Auditorium, Student Center, Sport Hall, Canteen, Parking, Landscaping 2011: Completion of Outdoor Sport Facilities, Parking, Landscaping 2012~: Completion of Dormitory for Students, Hostel for Lecturers, Mosque, etc.
Package-1 Bidding Schedule June 18: PQ Announcement July 29: PQ Application submission Aug 2008: P/Q result concurrence by JBIC Sep 2008: Bidding Documents concurrence by JBIC Sep 2008: Distribution of Bidding Documents Sep 2008: Pre-bid Meeting & Site Visit Nov 2008: Submission of Proposal Dec 2008: Financial Proposal Opening Jan 2009: Notice of Award Jan 2009: Contract Signing Jan 2009: Construction Starting Ceremony
Implementation Schedule (JBIC Yen Loan Portion) 2008: Campus Master Plan, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design and Tendering 2009: Completion of Center of Technology, Library and Classroom Buildings, Power supply, Water supply, Drainage 2010: Completion of Architecture Dept., Civil Dept., Electrical Dept. and Mechanical Dept. Buildings 2011: Completion of Naval Architecture Dept. and Geology Dept. Buildings