We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byEliezer Allwood
Modified over 2 years ago
What is it like to be gifted?Mrs. Gerhart Gifted Education
“What is it like to be gifted?”Galbraith, 1985 Eight Great Gripes of Gifted Kids
1. Confusion “No one explains what being gifted is all about – it’s kept a big secret.”
2. Boredom “School is too easy and too boring.”
3. Perfection “Parents, teachers, and friends expect us to be perfect all of the time.”
4. Loneliness “Friends who really understand us are few and far between.”
5. Ridicule “Kids often tease us about being smart.”
6. Burdened “We feel overwhelmed by the number of things we can do in life.”
7. Uniqueness “We feel different and alienated.”
8. Powerless “We worry about world problems and feel helpless to do anything about them.”
Challenges from Within and Without When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All the Answers by Jim Delisle, Ph.D and Judy Galbraith, M.A.,
STUDENTS’ BRAINS HEARTS & & Ian Byrd – byrdseed.com.
The Social and Emotional Characteristics of Gifted Children Sycamore Canyon School Presented by: Rachel Guyette Elementary School Counselor May 28, 2009.
Gifted & Talented Definition/CO law Nature & Needs GT in PSD GT Identification What you can do in the classroom.
2009 MAGC Convention Joe Ray and Nancy Underwood September 23, 2009.
Peer Pressure & Social Adjustment A Presentation by Sara Walker.
Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted and Twice Exceptional Students Advanced Education Services Las Cruces Public Schools “The world is too much with us;
Math By Camilla. Question #1:What have you found challenging about math this year?
Westwood - Bales Gifted and Talented Program Friendswood ISD
Birthday Cakes. 1 st birthday are a special day and also big milestone for your little one and perhaps even more so for the parents. Whether you are.
Differentiation…. Why should we do it?
Teen problems I have nowhere to study. Do you think (you have nowhere to study)? Change a sentence to a question.
How to Write Persuasively
MEET YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR MRS. CUMMINGS. What is a school counselor? School counselors are like superheroes. They fly around their building, helping.
By: Patrick Archuleta, Linda Bennett, and Melanie McKinley.
Making Good Great Decisions Starring You. Lipstick Kisses A little story…
Design your own journal based on the following activities.
Self Esteem By Zaahira Dawood.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.