* 3 passes MAXIMUM before you shoot * Can only shoot at the same frame 3 times * 7-9 Players on a team * 3 x 15 minutes = 1 full game
* YOU GET POINTS BY * Bouncing the ball off the frame and having it land on the court * YOU GIVE THE OTHER TEAM POINTS BY * Missing the frame when you shoot * The ball bounces off the ‘frame’ out of bounds * The ball bounces off the frame and touches you * Ball hits the forbidden zone
* YOU GET A PENALTIY IF: * You intercept the ball (it’s tempting I know) * You grab the ball out of another players hands * If you drop a pass to you (catching is a very important skill) * Land in the forbidden zone (similar to Handball)
CRITERIA HANDBALL TCHOUKBALL Skills required the same? Is there a forbidden zone? Type of defense used? How does the game start? How many seconds can you hold the ball? Number of passes? Do your ‘mistakes’ cost you?
CRITERIA HANDBALL TCHOUKBALL Skills required the same? Similar Skills (passing and shooting the same) Is there a forbidden zone? Yes Type of defense used? Usually Man to ManAlways Zone Defense How does the game start? Forward pass in the center of the court Pass in any direction from the sidelines How many seconds can you hold the ball? 33 Number of passes? Unlimited (3 minimum in Mr. Riddick's version) 3 MAXIMUM Do your ‘mistakes’ cost you? No. Other team gets points for your mistakes
* Tchoukball is very different than most other TERRITORIAL INVASION GAMES * There is really no defense, defense should prepare themselves for the bounce off the frame but not worry about covering anybody * Offensively you know you can pass long or short without consequence * Trick is to bounce the ball off the frame at an angle where the defense isn’t
* If the defense is close around the frame should you throw hard or soft? * If the defense is on the right side of the frame, which side should you shoot from? * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUi09qSO2g0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUi09qSO2g0