We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byLitzy Candy
Modified over 2 years ago
I. Words for ProductionII. Words for RecognitionIII. Idioms and Phrases
1. gossip [`GAs1p] vi. 閒聊，散布小道消息 Steve likes to gossip with his friends. I. Words for Production Derivative Reading
gossip [`GAs1p] n. [U] 流言蜚語 Don’t believe all the gossip on the Internet. Most of it is not true. Back to Gossip
2. earthquake [`3T&kwek] n. [ C] 地震 Before an earthquake, some animals may act strangely. Reading
3. actually [`8ktS51lI ] adv. 實際上 Today is actually Wednesday, not Thursday. Reading
4. rumor [`rum2] n. [C] 謠言，傳聞 I heard a rumor about that singer. People say that he has been married twice. Reading
5. urban [`3b1n] adj. 都市的 Many people prefer living in urban areas to living in the countryside. Reading
6. legend [`lEdZ1nd] n. [C] 傳奇，傳說 There are several legends about the white snake. One of them says that it can turn into a pretty woman. Reading
7. government [`G^v2nm1nt] n. [C] 政府 The government should help people have better lives. Reading
8. harmless [`hArml1s] adj. 無惡意的，無傷大雅的 Johnny played a harmless joke on us. He did it just for fun. Reading Derivative
harmful [`hArmf1l] adj. 有害的 Smoking is harmful to one’s health. Back to harmless
harm [hArm] n. [U]; vt. 傷害，危害 The change has done us more harm than good. Henry is so kind that he wouldn’t even harm a fly. Back to harmless
9. attack [1`t8k] vt. 攻擊 A dog on the street suddenly attacked Eddie. Reading Derivative
attack [1`t8k] n. [U][C] 攻擊 The world was surprised by the sudden attack on the U.S. on September 11, 2001. Back to attack
10. cause [kOz] vt. 引起，導致 His death was caused by a high fever. Reading Derivative
cause [kOz] n. [U][C] 原因，起因 The police officers are trying to find out the cause of the fire. Back to cause
11. serve [s3v] vt. 供應 ( 飲食 ) We love this restaurant a lot because it serves good and healthy food. Reading
12. customer [`k^st1m2] n. [C] 顧客 That shop lost a lot of customers because of a bad rumor on the Internet. Reading
13. forward [`fOrw2d] vt. 轉寄 ( 郵件 ) Please forward this e-mail to Mr. Brown after you read it. Reading Derivative
forward [`fOrw2d] adv. 向前，往前 Michael ran forward to catch the ball. Back to forward
14. cancer [`k8ns2] n. [U][C] 癌 ( 症 ) Mr. Wang has lung cancer and looks very unhealthy. Reading
15. beating [`bitI9] n. [C] ( 反覆地 ) 打 David got a beating for lying to his mother. Reading Derivative
beat [bit] vt. 打 (beat-beat-beaten) My brother likes to beat drums on holidays. Back to beating
16. bill [bIl] n. [C] 帳單 If you don’t pay the electricity bill, the power will be cut off. Reading
17. foundation [fa5n`deS1n] n. [C] 基金會； [U] 創立 This foundation helps poor students. The school has grown fast since its foundation in 1973. Reading Derivative
found [fa5nd] vt. 創立 The R.O.C. was founded in 1911 by Dr. Sun Yat-sen. Back to foundation
18. sincerely [sIn`sIrlI] adv. 真誠地 I sincerely hope that you can play in the basketball game with us. Reading Derivative 回到目錄
sincere [sIn`sIr] adj. 真誠的，誠懇的 We believe that he is sincere about saying sorry. Back to sincerely
1. crocodile [`krAk1&daIl] n. [C] 鱷魚 II. Words for Recognition Reading
2. toilet [`tOIlIt] n. [C] 廁所 Reading
3. lung [l^9] n. [C] 肺 Reading
4. tumor [`tjum2] n. [C] 腫瘤 Reading
5. brain [bren] n. [C] 腦 Reading
6. donate [`donet] vt. 捐獻 Reading 回到目錄
III. Idioms and Phrases 1. for sure 確切地，肯定 Andy looks upset. No one knows for sure what’s wrong with him. Reading
2. such as 例如 I like to eat fruits, such as apples and bananas. Reading
3. for instance 例如 Jim has been to many countries. For instance, he has visited the U.S., Japan, and Korea. Reading
4. close down 關閉 The store will close down if its business doesn’t get better soon. Reading
5. think twice 對 ( 某事 ) 仔細考慮 You should think twice before making a decision. Reading 結束放映
I. Reading for the Main Idea Choose the best answer. ____ What is the main idea of the reading? (A) People usually like to gossip on the Internet. (B)
I. Expressing Opinions and Comments 以下提供一些表達意見或看法的 用法，請利用這些用語來表達你 對 的看法。
Listening Practice 下面五題，每題錄音機會播出一個問句 或直述句，聽完後請從下面各題 A, B, C 三個選項中，選出一個最適合的回答或 回應。 Next.
1. fever [`fiv2] n. [U][C] 狂熱；發燒 Many Taiwanese like to watch baseball games. They have fever baseball fever. I had a cold and got a high fever fever.
Conversation Andy and Susan are talking about a strange they received yesterday. (A = Andy, S = Susan)
Words for Production Words for Recognition Idioms and Phrases.
Learn English, Go Global
Do you like doing sports? What kind of sports do you like to play? Why?
Unit 1 How often do you do exercise? Section B (2)
Rickie has just figured out that his classmate, Steve, stole his money to buy lunch. Steve is from a poor family, and Rickie is discussing with Lily whether.
After the movie, Barbara and Debby are standing in front of the movie theater. They are complaining about something during the movie in the theater. (B.
Conversation Barbara is inviting Daniel, her classmate, to a Halloween party on October 31. (B = Barbara, D = Daniel) B: Hi, Daniel. Would you like to.
Created by Verna C. Rentsch and Joyce Cooling Nelson School
It’s important to have a healthy lifestyle. 乳山口初中陈学华参与人郑建辉姜晓岚.
看書 _______ a book _______ a book 2. 看小說, 文章, 電子郵件, 菜單, 布告欄、報 紙、使用說明 _______ the novel, article, , menu, bulletin, newspaper _______ the.
Period 4:Section B Unit 10 I’ d like some noodles. Unit 10 I’ d like some noodles.
After class, Jane and Bob are talking in the classroom. They are talking about a wonderful HBL game they watched yesterday. (J = Jane, B = Bob)
H A A I M Y N F T T S G C I N S K Y M G T A K N S F I O T H W O SO F Y H S K N K M K O K T E.
Unit 5 Do you want to watch a game show? Section B.
Jerry and Tracy are talking about who the best student in their class is. They compare and contrast the qualities of two students, Dora and Oliver. (J.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.