3Reasons to quit (off the internet) Alzheimer's Disease: Smoking Speeds Up Mental DeclineLupus: Smoking Raises Risk of Autoimmune DiseaseSIDS: Maternal Smoking Doubles RiskCOLIC: Smoking Makes Babies Irritable, TooAn Increased Risk of ImpotenceBlindness: Smoking Raises Risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
4Reasons to quit (off the internet) Rheumatoid Arthritis: Genetically Vulnerable Smokers Increase Their Risk Even MoreSnoring: Even Living With a Smoker Raises RiskAcid Reflux: Heavy Smoking Linked to HeartburnBreast Cancer: Active Smoking Plays Bigger Role Than ThoughtSmoking is linked to certain colon cancers.Smoking may increase the risk of depression in young people,Some studies have linked smoking to thyroid disease.
5Reasons to quit (off the internet) Within 20 minutes of stopping smoking your blood pressure, pulse rate and body temperature return to normalWithin 8 hours the carbon monoxide level in your blood returns to normal and your smokers breath begins to disappearWithin 3 days your chance of having a heart attack decreases and your nerve endings begin to redevelop. Your ability to smell and taste improves dramatically. Breathing also becomes easier.Within 2 months your circulation improves. Lungs become cleaner which reduces chance of infection. Your smokers cough improves and fatigue is reduced giving you more energy.
6Reasons to quit (off the internet) After one year your chances of having a heart attack is reduced by half. The chances of getting cancer is also reduced.After 10 years your risk of having a heart attack or stroke is the same as someone who has never smokedQuitting smoking before the age of 30 eradicates the effects of smoking on your health in later lifeYou become a role model to your children, grand children, friends and familyYou save thousands every year to spend on holidays and other luxuries you couldn't afford beforeQuitting smoking stops your hard earned cash from lining the government and tobacco companies pockets - whilst they knowingly let you die from terminal illness!Quitting smoking gives you decades more time to spend with your family and friends to enjoy life
7Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals. "At least 43 are known carcinogens (cause cancer in humans),"
9Harmful Chemicals in Cigarette Smoke Benzene (petrol additive) A colourless cyclic hydrocarbon obtained from coal and petroleum, used as a solvent in fuel and in chemical manufacture - and contained in cigarette smoke. It is a known carcinogen and is associated with leukaemia.Formaldehyde (embalming fluid) A colourless liquid, highly poisonous, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke. Known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.Ammonia (toilet cleaner) Used as a flavouring, frees nicotine from tobacco turning it into a gas, found in dry cleaning fluids.Acetone (nail polish remover) Fragrant volatile liquid ketone, used as a solvent, for example, nail polish remover - found in cigarette smoke.
10Harmful Chemicals in Cigarette Smoke Tar Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.Nicotine (insecticide/addictive drug) One of the most addictive substances known to man, a powerful and fast-acting medical and non-medical poison. This is the chemical which causes addiction.Carbon Monoxide (CO) (car exhaust fumes) An odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas, rapidly fatal in large amounts - it's the same gas that comes out of car exhausts and is the main gas in cigarette smoke, formed when the cigarette is lit. Others you may recognize are :Arsenic (rat poison), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)
11Quotes from Doctors and researchers Yes, “nicotine is a poison.”Tobacco is “a poison that is more dangerous than hemlock, deadlier than opium Assuredly, when [people] try it for the first time, [they] feel an uneasiness that tells us that we have taken poison.” Soon “all reasoning, all warning is in vain. He cannot shake off his enemy . . . tobacco alone becomes a fatal, insatiable necessary [addiction] smoking is a permanent epilepsy.”“Tobacco is, in fact, an absolute poison.”“Tobacco is in fact an absolute poison.” The effect is “always to destroy life.”
12Quotes from Doctors and researchers Nicotine, a substance in tobacco, is one of the most violent poisons known.“[T]obacco is a poison—a very active poison.”“[T]obacco is a most active and deadly poison.”Tobacco contains the most violent of the poisons.They are “poison, alias cigarettes.”Saying “'It is nothing but a cigarette,' is really, 'It's nothing but poison…indeed, “one of the most violent of poisons,”Tobacco “first, last, and all the time is a poison.”“Tobacco contains a sharp-tasting liquid called nicotine, which is a quick-acting and deadly poison.”“Tobacco is a virulent poison.”
13How many people die from smoking? Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.* Every 6.5 seconds a current or former smoker dies, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).* An estimated 1.3 billion people are smokers worldwide (WHO).Over 443,000 Americans (over 18 percent of all deaths) die because of smoking each year. Secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 of them.1.2 million people in China die because of smoking each year. That's 2,000 people a day.
14How many people die from smoking? * Tobacco use will kill 1 billion people in the 21st century if current smoking trends continue.* 33 percent to 50 percent of all smokers are killed by their habit. * Smokers die on average 15 years sooner than nonsmokers.
1532 people in the USA die every second by smoking. How many people die from smoking?32 people in the USA die every second by smoking.
17There are principles that are found throughout the Bible. Why should you quit?There are principles that are found throughout the Bible.There are 5 principles that are found in the New Testament that goes against smoking.
181. Principle of NO Self-inflicted wounds. 1 Corinthians 6:19-2019 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
192. Principle of the Golden Rule. Matthew 7:12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
202. Principle of the Golden Rule. Philippians 2:3-43 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
213. Principle of the Lighthouse. 1 Timothy 4:12Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
223. Principle of the Lighthouse. Matthew 5:16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
234. Principle of the body on the alter. Romans 12:1-21 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.Can Anyone say that it is the will of God that they smoke cigarettes?
245. Principle of “don’t give the reins away”. 1 Corinthians 6:12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
252 Corinthians 6:17-7:117 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.