Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Health IT Standards Committee Meeting Data Analytics Update January 27, 2015.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Health IT Standards Committee Meeting Data Analytics Update January 27, 2015."— Presentation transcript:

1 Health IT Standards Committee Meeting Data Analytics Update January 27, 2015

2 Describe eligible hospital attestation patterns Define stage 2 eligible providers Describe preliminary stage 2 attestation patterns 2 AGENDA

3 Attestation trends

4 Historically, many eligible providers did not attest until after the close of the fiscal (hospitals) or calendar (professionals) year First-time meaningful use attestations by the quarter the attestation was submitted 4

5 Eligible hospital FY2014 attestations followed historical trends N=3,998. CMS EHR Incentive Program data through December 31, Last day for Medicare Subsection (d) EHs to attest to MU to avoid payment adjustments 5

6 Attestation trends Historically, EHs and EPs attest after their reporting year closes 85% (~3,400) of hospital attestations for 2014 occurred after the fiscal year closed Eligible professionals have until February 2015 to attest 6

7 Stage 2 attestations

8 Providers must complete 2 years of stage 1 before progressing to stage cohort First attested to Stage 1 MU Scheduled for Stage 2 MU 2012 cohort First attested to Stage 1 MU Scheduled for Stage 2 MU 2013 cohort First attested to Stage 1 MU Scheduled for Stage 2 MU 2014 cohort First attested to Stage 1 MU Scheduled for Stage 2 MU 8

9 Not all eligible providers are able to attest to stage 2 in 2014 Proportion of eligible providers by meaningful use eligibility stage Only eligible providers who have completed two years of stage 1 meaningful use (i.e. those that first attested in 2011 or 2012), are eligible to attest to stage 2 in Eligible Professionals Eligible Hospitals and CAHs N=537,600 N=4,993 9

10 Almost 9 in 10 stage 2-scheduled hospitals attested *Stage 2-scheduled hospitals that attested to stage 1 meaningful use took advantage of the Flexibility Rule options. Among stage 2-scheduled hospitals that attested to stage 1, 62% attested using 2014 certified EHR technology; 13% used a combination of 2011 and 2014 certified EHR technology; 25% used 2011 certified EHR technology. All eligible hospitals and CAHs Of those that attested Have until April, 2015, to claim a hardship exemption to avoid 2016 payment adjustments Not attested 12% Attested 88% Proportion of stage 2-scheduled hospitals that attested 10

11 EHs through December, 2014 There are 4,993 eligible hospitals 54% (~2,700) of eligible hospitals were scheduled for stage 2 in 2014 Of the stage 2-scheduled hospitals, 88% (~2,400) attested – Of those that attested, 75% (~1,800) attested to stage 2 – The remaining 25% (~600) used the flexibility rule to attest to stage 1 The remaining 12% that did not attest will be a combination of hospitals that request a hardship exemption or skip 2014 – Hospitals may apply for a hardship exemption until April 1,

12 Preliminary stage 2-scheduled EP attestation data *Stage 2-scheduled EPs that attested to stage 1 meaningful use took advantage of the Flexibility Rule options. Among stage scheduled EPs that attested to stage 1, 28% attested using 2014 certified EHR technology; 6% used a combination of 2011 and 2014 certified EHR technology; 65% used 2011 certified EHR technology. All eligible professionals Of those that attested Attested 15% Have until 2/28/2015 to attest 85% Proportion of stage 2- scheduled that attested Flexibility Rule Stage 1* 47% 12

13 EPs through December, 2014 There are 537,600 eligible professionals – Attestation period is open through February, 2015 – These data include attestations through December, 2014, and most attestations may occur in Jan-Feb, % (~223K) of eligible professionals were scheduled for stage 2 in 2014 Thus far, 15% (~33K) of the stage 2-scheduled EPs have attested – Of those that attested, 53% (~17K) attested to stage 2 – The remaining 47% (~16K) used the flexibility rule to attest to stage 1 – Providers who do not attest by February may apply for a hardship; the deadline is July 1,

14 Questions


Download ppt "Health IT Standards Committee Meeting Data Analytics Update January 27, 2015."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google