Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

GISFI_CSeON_201309405GISFI#14, Sep 23-25 20131 Report – CSeON WG GSSM #14 GSSM# 14, Sep 23-25, 2013, Delhi Chair: Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Vice-Chair: Niranth,

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "GISFI_CSeON_201309405GISFI#14, Sep 23-25 20131 Report – CSeON WG GSSM #14 GSSM# 14, Sep 23-25, 2013, Delhi Chair: Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Vice-Chair: Niranth,"— Presentation transcript:

1 GISFI_CSeON_ GISFI#14, Sep Report – CSeON WG GSSM #14 GSSM# 14, Sep 23-25, 2013, Delhi Chair: Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Vice-Chair: Niranth, Huawei

2 Minutes of CSeON WG session GSSM#14 CSeON WG Meeting Participants –Huawei: Niranth (GSSM#14 Meeting Chair & Recorder) –NEC: Anand, Siva, Ritesh –Ericsson: Mini Vasudevan –CISCO: Arvind Mathur –TCS: Balamuralidhar P, Soma, Sriganesh Rao –DoT (GoI): P K Panigrahi (Sr. DDG) –IEEE: Sri Chandra –GISFI: Prof. Ramjee (Chair), T.R Dua (Vice-Chair) –I2TB: Krishna Sirohi (Chair – GSC), Ishita Sen –RIT: Prof. Prithviraj –GTBIT: Asst. Prof. Rajiv Chopra, Surpreet Singh (Student) 2

3 Minutes of CSeON WG session GSSM#14 CSeON WG Agenda (Niranth-Huawei) – For Approval –Niranth summarized the GSSM#13 Report, shared the status of the TRs, status of liaisons and presented the agenda for approval. –T R Dua highlighted that solution to Convergence topic in NTP 2012 should have a unified approach in GISFI. It is suggested that Krishna, GSC Chair should consider consolidating the convergence related work in various WGs and provide a comprehensive report to GoI. –T R Dua also highlighted that “Convergence of Billing” is an important National agenda that should be comprehensively studied and a standard solution provided by CSeON WG. –Conclusion: The agenda is APPROVED. CSeON GSSM#14 Preparatory meeting minutes (Niranth-Huawei) – For Approval –Niranth presented the minutes of the preparatory meeting held. –The preparatory meeting minutes to be circulated. –No comments were raised by members on the minutes. –Conclusion: The minutes are APPROVED. 3

4 Minutes of CSeON WG session Collaboration between IEEE-SA & CSeON (GISFI) – Sri Chandra (IEEE SA) –IEEE SA proposes that CSeON WG to be one of the standard committees within IEEE SA. –IEEE SA also highlighted they do have various other collaborative arrangements between SDOs for adapting standards within IEEE. –GISFI welcomed and fully support the collaboration intent while the members feel that the collaboration method should adopt the model of collaboration between 2 SDOs. This will provide equal visibility to GISFI. –NEC, Ericsson, I2TB and Huawei also supported that model of collaboration between 2 SDOs. –GISFI proposed to IEEE SA that some analysis of the collaboration approaches can be provided. –Conclusion: Niranth (GISFI) and Sri (IEEE) to circulate the outcome of the GISFI-IEEE collaboration in 3-4 weeks time frame. 4

5 Minutes of CSeON WG session Proposal on GISFI-IEEE Joint Project on Emergency Services Delivery Architecture – Niranth (GISFI), Sri Chandra (IEEE SA), Syam (iRamTech) –Niranth presented the joint project proposal which provided an overview of the objectives in 2 phases. i.e., Requirements/Architecture Specification phase and Conformance and standards harmonization phase. –GISFI members welcomed this proposal. –Sri (IEEE SA) suggested that the proposal text be modified to highlight the development of gap analysis, TRs and TSes. –Anand (NEC) suggested that proposal can mention the importance of each phase and the focus of standards development. –Sri (IEEE SA) mentioned to consider IEEE P which focuses on Indic language keyboard support for Smart phones as one of the related projects for availing and delivering emergency services. –Rajiv Chopra (GTBIT) requested the information on key requirements for this joint project. –Conclusion: The proposal is APPROVED and a revised version will be provided to IEEE SA for discussion with IEEE ComSoc. 5

6 Minutes of CSeON WG session Input for Emergency Telecom Services TR (Ritesh – NEC) –Ritesh presented the contribution on ETS which highlight the NG-911 and NENA functional architectures for ETS. –Key points are: PSAP Internal interfaces are not discussed while external interfaces are mentioned. Gap analysis with NENA i3 functional architecture with focus on Indian requirements is necessary as India has primarily CS based N/W. Operator input is required to understand and align the general ETS functional architecture as per the real network infrastructure. Understandable Physical location mapping with Geo Location (Lat-Long) is required. Some issues like Response System Interfacing, GMLC to LIS interoperation and ESINet architecture for India is to be considered for further study. –Surpreet Singh (GTBIT) highlighted the need for location handling when telecom networks are unavailable using GPS information. Also study of efficiency and reliability of PS v/s CS needs to be considered. –Ishita (I2TB) highlighted that in India call termination within IP based network is restricted. This aspect needs clarity. –Conclusion: The contribution is APPROVED and the text is accepted to the ETS TR.

7 Minutes of CSeON WG session Inputs towards ETS and M2M for Integrated Emergency Communication & Response System – Suresh (CDAC), Gita (CDAC), Bhagyashri (CDAC) –Ritesh (NEC) presented the contribution on behalf of CDAC. The contribution highlights the requirements to be considered for IECRS and suggestions for implementation. –GISFI thanks CDAC for this contribution. –CSeON WG chair suggested that this contribution be uploaded to the website. –Conclusion: This contribution is NOTED. Further discussion is invited from all members and a comprehensive contribution document is requested from CDAC. Review of ETS TR – Ritesh (NEC) –Ritesh provided the latest version of ETS TR and provided the information about the TR document structure for members review. –Anand (NEC) suggested that this input be discussed with TRAI in a formal meeting in 3-4 weeks time frame. –Prof. Prithviraj (RIT) highlighted the need for emergency services where human reach is not easily possible. Eg. Disaster inside a tunnel or detecting human life under a gravel in situations like Earthquake or Landslide. More information on technology advancement in this area is required. 100% machine based emergency detection and service delivery is desirable but currently not possible. –Conclusion: Niranth to provide a plan for the TRAI meeting in next week. Krishna to facilitate the communication with TRAI on this topic. 7

8 Minutes of CSeON WG session Status Update from IEEE P1903 (NGSON) Standards Working Group – Niranth (Huawei) –Niranth presented the latest status update from P1903 WG and invited GISFI members to provide inputs and suggestions on the on-going protocol specifications. –GISFI thanks IEEE P1903 WG for the update. –Members accepted the proposal to share the latest information with P1903 WG. –Conclusion: CSeON WG chair to provide the latest status update to P1903 WG. Liaison Issues –Krishna (GSC Chair) to follow up with TEC I and NGN divisions on the Liaison with CSeON WG. Other Issues –P K Panigrahi (DoT) highlighted that real time and cumulative information for EMF radiation power dissipation should be provided to the Government for each tower by all operators. Citizens can be made aware of the radiation exposure from each tower through a common website. This topic is to be discussed from regulation perspective. 8

9 Minutes of CSeON WG session Next Steps for GSSM#15 –Deliverables (Contributions are invited) TR1 + TR2 + TR3 - CSeON Requirements and Framework, CSeON Business Models and CSeON Information Management to be combined to a single TR. TR7 – Emergency Telecom Services TR – Contributions are invited as discussed. TR4 – Carrier Grade Cloud Computing TR – Further progress on analysis to be provided in GSSM#13 TR5 (Security and Monitoring for Cloud) – Closed (No activity since 3 meetings) TR6 (QoS for Cloud) – Closed (No activity since 3 meetings) TR8 – Knowledge Network: Use case for Cloud Computing – Closed (No activity since 3 meetings) –Liaisons LS to be followed up with IETF IAB, NIST, TEC and IEEE SA-India –Communication with Indian Regulators and Telcos Meeting to be setup with TRAI on the ETS topic in 3-4 weeks time frame. IEEE-GISFI collaboration method to be finalized in 3-4 weeks time frame. Need to follow up on the Liaison sent to TEC I and NGN divisions. 9

10 Thank You!


Download ppt "GISFI_CSeON_201309405GISFI#14, Sep 23-25 20131 Report – CSeON WG GSSM #14 GSSM# 14, Sep 23-25, 2013, Delhi Chair: Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Vice-Chair: Niranth,"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google