Presentation on theme: "The one whose dwelling is with God Most High in the Almighty’s shadow safe will rest. “He is my refuge,” I say of the L ORD, “my fortress and my God; in."— Presentation transcript:
The one whose dwelling is with God Most High in the Almighty’s shadow safe will rest. “He is my refuge,” I say of the L ORD, “my fortress and my God; in him I trust.” [Sing to the Lord 91]
2. Surely he saves you from the fowler’s snare and rescues you from deadly pestilence. Under his wings a refuge you will find; his faithfulness will be your strong defence.
3. You will not fear the terror of the night, or dread the arrow flying in the day, or pestilence that in the darkness stalks, or plague at noon that carries all away.
4. No harm will touch you though a thousand fall, or yet ten thousand die at your right hand. Your eyes will then look on, and you will see the wicked punished as their ways demand.
5. If you make God Most High your dwelling place – even the L ORD, who is my refuge sure – no evil then will ever fall on you, nor dire calamity come near your door.
6. For he will charge his angels with your care, to guard you in your footsteps ev’ry one; they will uphold and bear you in their hands, lest you should strike your foot against a stone.
7. Upon the mighty lion you will tread; the cobra you will overcome and kill. Your feet will trample down the king of beasts; the serpent will be crushed beneath your heel.
8. “Because he loves me,” says the Sov’reign L ORD, “I’ll rescue and deliver him from harm. Since he acknowledges my holy name, I will protect him with my mighty arm.