Define: Secular art- worldly rather than spiritual. Religious art- pertaining to monastic or religious order.
1. Birth of Venus She is the brightest figure in the artwork while all surrounding objects get darker the further away they are from her. Vanishing point – is based on a optical illusion as parallel lines stretch away from the viewer until they meet a spot on the horizon. (Linear Perspective)
2. A Goldsmith in His Shop Lighter, darker, darkest The buyer’s eyes are drawing you toward the bottom of the picture
3. The Coronation of the Virgin She is the largest subject in the picture making her the focal point.
4. El Descendimiento Everything is encircling the image of Jesus. Even the dresses and the positioning of the people are enclosing him.
5. Small Cowper Madonna Horizon line – objects appear larger the closer they are to the front. Images appear smaller the closer they get to the horizon line. 3D image
6. Madonna and Child 3 Color of artwork is more detailed in the faces and darker as you get away from the faces. Image is soft giving a blurry feel.