Presentation on theme: "You are purified for His purpose Zechariah 3 Measured for His Purpose: Lessons from the Book of Zechariah."— Presentation transcript:
You are purified for His purpose Zechariah 3 Measured for His Purpose: Lessons from the Book of Zechariah
Book Structure of Zechariah ChapterSubjectKey marker 1 to 6Eight Visions “Look” “see” “showed” 1:8; 1:18; 2:1; 3:1; 4:2; 5:1; 5:5; 6:1 7 to 8Four Messages 9 to 14Two Oracles /Burdens
8 Visions 1:7-17 Vision of the Four Horses 1:18-21 Vision of the Four Horns 2:1-13 Vision of the Measuring Line 3:1-10 Vision of the High Priest 4:1-14 Vision of the Two anointed 5:1-4 Vision of theScroll 5:5-11 Vision of the Woman in the Basket 6:1-8 Vision of the Four Chariots
1. Our true Condition 1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?” 3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel.
1. Our true Condition ‘So it is with this people and this nation in my sight,’ declares the Lord. ‘Whatever they do and whatever they offer there is defiled...’ Haggai 2:14 For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; - Isaiah 64:6
1. Our true Condition And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Rev 12:10 “If any of your descendants is ceremonially unclean and yet comes near the sacred offerings that the Israelites consecrate to the Lord, that person must be cut off from my presence. I am the Lord.” Lev 22:3
2. The gift of His righteousness 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.” 5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.
2. The gift of His righteousness 7 Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them. - Romans 4:7,8
2. The gift of His righteousness God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Cor 5:21
3. Promise of a new Place 6 The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here. 10 “‘In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”
Basis? 8 “‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.
Basis? The "Branch" “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will raise up for David[a] a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. 6 In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. - Jer 23:5-6
Basis? 14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebs 4: 14-16)
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.