Presentation on theme: "A community of Christ-like disciples Empowered and sent Through effective servant-leadership Moving towards becoming Church of the Poor DIOCESAN VISION-MISSION."— Presentation transcript:
A community of Christ-like disciples Empowered and sent Through effective servant-leadership Moving towards becoming Church of the Poor DIOCESAN VISION-MISSION WHAT WE WANT TO BE DISTRICT PASTORAL PLAN DIOCESAN PASTORAL AGENDA 5-YEAR PASTORAL PLAN 2003 - 2008 3-YEAR PASTORAL PLAN 2009 - 2011 WHAT WE COMMIT OURSELVES TO DO
By 2011, the Diocese of Cubao will be a local church: 1.Where parishes are alive and strengthened through the BEC by: Synergizing the implementation of the diocesan programs A comprehensive formation program for integral evangelization for the lay and the clergy in collaboration with the religious 2.With a self-sufficient catechetical program in the light of its autonomy from the Archdiocese of Manila 3.That utilizes media (e.g. internet, TV, radio, print) for evangelization 4.That has a sustainable resource mobilization guided by the spirituality of stewardship 5.Where organizational structure and policies are clarified and updated in the light of some emerging ministries
PARISHES THRU BEC Synergized Implementation Comprehensive Formation CATECHETICAL PROGRAM STRUCTURES AND POLICIES MEDIA STEWARDSHIP Ministry - system of implementation Formation - necessary for effective implementation Parishes to be developed into communities thru BEC Focus and Direction of the Pastoral Agenda
BEC: The parish is the community to be formed through and into BEC. Ministry: The system of implementation and the mode of servant-leadership. PARISHES Synergy through clustering of ministries Parallel formation for the clergy and lay Total Human Development as integrative element of evangelization salvation means “total salvation” INTEGRAL EVANGELIZATION Becoming the Church of the Poor Sharing and Self Sufficiency in resources resulting from responsible stewardship STEWARDSHIP New paradigm in the parish structure Policies as guide and support STRUCTURES AND POLICIES MEDIA Media resources within the Diocese Utilization of information technology Creativity in evangelization
THE PARISH IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial Communities PARISH PRIEST PPC Secretary Parish Groups BISHOP Diocesan Implementing-Coordinating Council for Pastoral Plan FINANCEWORSHIP FAMILY & LIFE YOUTH SOCIAL SERVICE PUBLIC AFFAIRS FORMATION COMMUNITY (Focus & Direction) PARISH GROUPS (Support Groups) MINISTRY (System of Implementation) BISHOP DICC-PP EXECOM
PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial Communities PARISH PRIEST PPC Secretary Parish Groups BISHOP Diocesan Implementing-Coordinating Council for Pastoral Plan FinanceWorship Family & Life Youth Social service Public Affairs Formation FOCUS and DIRECTION – PARISH COMMUNITY THE PARISH is the community where the ministry and ecclesial life is experienced on a regular basis. (PCP II, Decrees 598) It is the customary place where the faithful gather: (1) to grow in holiness, (2) to take part in the mission (3) to live out ecclesial communion.
PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial Communities PARISH PRIEST PPC Secretary Parish Groups BISHOP Diocesan Implementing-Coordinating Council for Pastoral Plan Finance Worship Family & Life Youth Social Service Public Affairs Formation MINISTRY: SYSTEM OF IMPLEMENTATION MINISTRY The system of implementation from diocese to parishes down to communities. An ecclesial act, thru the use of charisms, carrying out the three-fold function of Christ.
BEC WORSHIPFORMATION FAMILY AND LIFE YOUTH SOCIAL SERVICES PUBLIC AFFAIRS FINANCE AN ECCLESIAL ACT A MUST IN THE PARISH A SYSTEM OF IMPLEMENTATION DIRECTED TO THE COMMUNITY
PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial Communities PARISH PRIEST PPC Secretary Parish Groups BISHOP Diocesan Implementing-Coordinating Council for Pastoral Plan FinanceWorship Family & Life Youth Social Service Public Affairs Formation Their appropriate theological location must be found in the ministry of the apostles. Cardinal Ratzinger PARISH GROUPS They must integrate with humility into the fabric of the local church in the spirit of service and communion. John Paul II 1st international gathering of ecclesial movement Mandated Organizations Movements Lay Organizations
ORGANIZATIONS PARISH PARISH PRIEST COMMUNITY via BEC MINISTRIES Chief Implementor Support Groups Focus and Direction System of Implementation
Parish Assembly - For orientation on the 5-point priority agenda Parish Re-structuring - Make the whole parish community as focus and direction of the BEC program. - Adopt ministry as the system of implementation and the mode of servant-leadership. - Locate parish organizations in their proper place. Parish Planning - To strategize the 5-point priority agenda for implementation in the parish within the 3-year period.
Basic Operating Guidelines 1.The term ‘community’ be properly used to refer to the parish. -In the context of the 5-point priority Agenda: The parish is the community to be formed through and into BEC. -This is to ensure full support for the parish and to avoid confusion. -Other organizations using the term ‘community’ must be called ‘groups.’ 2. The parish must have the basic set of ministries. -Worship, Formation, Family and Life, Youth, Social Services, Public Affairs. -Ministry system be used in the coordination and implementation of parish programs. 3.Parish organizations be able to work with the new paradigm. -In the spirit of humility, service and ecclesial communion -Aligning their activities within the proper ministries
IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES & POLICIES for the 5 POINT PRIORITY AGENDA of the DIOCESE
A. BASIC ASSUMPTIONS 1. The Bishop at the diocesan level shall provide a strong leadership to inspire everybody and all institution to implement the direction of the Diocese of Cubao in the next three years as clearly expressed through the 5 point priority agenda.
2. All the Parish Priests shall equally provide a strong leadership at the parish levels to inspire, motivate and support their leaders and parishioners toward the implementation of the 5PPA. This is deemed INDISPENSABLE.
3. All the Lay Leaders play a very crucial role in supporting and sharing their time, talent and treasure to be able for the Diocese to attain the realization of its strategic goals for the next three years.
4. A dynamic, informed, competent and committed Parish Pastoral Council(s) play an organizational advantage at the parish level in partnership with the parish priest to fully implement the direction of the Diocese.
5. Sufficient logistical and material support are needed to implement the flagship program of the 5PPA.
B. GUIDELINES AND POLICIES 1.The DICC-PP (Diocesan Implementing and Coordinating Council on Pastoral Programs) as the highest pastoral body representing all commissions and ministries of the Diocese of Cubao is the over-all in charge of the implementation and monitoring of the 5 Point Priority Agenda (5PPA)
2. An Executive Committee chaired by the Bishop and composed of the different Heads of the 5PPA with some representatives from the religious and laity shall be created for the close-in implementation and monitoring of the 5 Point Priority Agenda.
3. A general orientation shall be conducted for all parish officers and members at the vicariate level to explain further the new direction and thrust of the Diocese
4. All parishes shall conduct their own orientation for other parish and BEC leaders and members of their various organizations. They shall likewise disseminate a general awareness for all parishioners regarding the importance of the present direction of the Diocese according to the 5 point priority agenda.
5. The Parish Pastoral Council(s) or PPC shall be renewed, fully activated and pastorally re-tooled for purposes of effective leadership and implementation of their programs.
6. Each Parish shall hold its own annual pastoral planning in order to align or contextualize its parish plans according to the 5 point priority agenda of the Diocese. It shall furnish the pastoral office of the Diocese with copy of its plan.
7. The Vicariate shall focus its functions on monitoring the implementation of the 5 point priority agenda among the different parishes and sharing significant and related experiences that will enrich its members.
8. The Pastoral visitation to be conducted by the Bishop shall focus on a dialogue with the PPC on their initiatives, efforts and progress toward the implementation of the new direction of the Diocese.
9. The formation program of the santatlo, namely, the clergy, religious and laity shall be harmonized to implement the 5 point priority agenda. A special committee or task force shall be created for this purpose.
10. Periodic (Monthly, quarterly, semi- annual or annual) progress reports and assessment must be done at the diocesan, vicariate and parish level to ensure the proper implementation of the 5PPA.
11. Documentation on the implementation of programs and activities related to 5PPA must be done at various levels.
12. An intensive midyear and annual evaluation are to be conducted by the DICC-PP (Diocesan Implementing and Coordinating Council on Pastoral Programs) as regards to over-all performance of all concerned ministries and task groups in the implementation of the 5PPA.