Presentation on theme: "PARISH LEADERS' ORIENTATION"— Presentation transcript:
1PARISH LEADERS' ORIENTATION 5-POINT PRIORITY AGENDADIOCESE OF CUBAOAugust 25, 2008 / Audio-Visual Room / 8:00 AM - 12:00 NN
2DIOCESAN VISION-MISSION DISTRICT PASTORAL PLANWHAT WE WANT TO BEDIOCESAN PASTORAL AGENDA5-YEAR PASTORAL PLAN3-YEAR PASTORAL PLANA community of Christ-like disciplesEmpowered and sentThrough effective servant-leadershipMoving towards becomingChurch of the PoorWHAT WE COMMIT OURSELVES TO DO
3DIOCESAN 5-POINT PRIORITY AGENDA By 2011, the Diocese of Cubao will be a local church:Where parishes are alive and strengthened through the BEC by:Synergizing the implementation of the diocesan programsA comprehensive formation program for integral evangelization for the lay and the clergy in collaboration with the religiousWith a self-sufficient catechetical program in the light of its autonomy from the Archdiocese of Manila3. That utilizes media (e.g. internet, TV, radio, print) for evangelization4. That has a sustainable resource mobilization guided by the spirituality of stewardship5. Where organizational structure and policies are clarified and updated in the light of some emerging ministries
4Parishes to be developed into CATECHETICALPROGRAM5-POINT PRIORITY AGENDAParishes to be developed intocommunities thru BECFocus and Directionof the Pastoral AgendaSTRUCTURES AND POLICIESPARISHES THRU BECSynergized ImplementationComprehensive FormationMEDIAFormation - necessary for effective implementationMinistry - system of implementationSTEWARDSHIP
5IMPLICATIONS OF EACH GOAL BEC: The parish is the community to be formed through and into BEC.Ministry: The system of implementation and the mode of servant-leadership.PARISHESSynergy through clustering of ministriesParallel formation for the clergy and layTotal Human Development as integrativeelement of evangelizationsalvation means “total salvation”INTEGRAL EVANGELIZATIONMEDIAMedia resources within the DioceseUtilization of information technologyCreativity in evangelizationBecoming the Church of the PoorSharing and Self Sufficiency in resourcesresulting from responsible stewardshipSTEWARDSHIPNew paradigm in the parish structurePolicies as guide and supportSTRUCTURES AND POLICIES
6THE PARISH IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT BISHOPDICC-PPEXECOMBISHOPDiocesan Implementing-Coordinating Councilfor Pastoral PlanCOMMUNITY(Focus & Direction)MINISTRY(System of Implementation)PARISH PRIESTFINANCEWORSHIPFAMILY & LIFEYOUTHSOCIAL SERVICEPUBLIC AFFAIRSFORMATIONPPC SecretaryParish GroupsPARISH GROUPS(Support Groups)PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial Communities
7FOCUS and DIRECTION – PARISH COMMUNITY THE PARISHis the communitywhere the ministry and ecclesial life is experienced on a regular basis.(PCP II, Decrees 598)It is the customary place where the faithful gather: (1) to grow in holiness, (2) to take part in the mission (3) to live out ecclesial communion.PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial CommunitiesPARISH PRIESTPPC SecretaryParish GroupsBISHOPDiocesan Implementing-Coordinating Councilfor Pastoral PlanFinanceWorshipFamily & LifeYouthSocial servicePublic AffairsFormation
8MINISTRY: SYSTEM OF IMPLEMENTATION PARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial CommunitiesPARISH PRIESTPPC SecretaryParish GroupsBISHOPDiocesan Implementing-Coordinating Councilfor Pastoral PlanFinanceWorshipFamily & LifeYouthSocial ServicePublic AffairsFormationMINISTRYThe system of implementation from diocese to parishes down to communities.An ecclesial act, thru the use of charisms,carrying out the three-fold function of Christ.
9Basic Set of Ministries in the Parish AN ECCLESIAL ACTA MUST IN THE PARISHA SYSTEM OF IMPLEMENTATIONDIRECTED TO THE COMMUNITY
101st international gathering of ecclesial movement PARISH GROUPSThey must integrate with humility into the fabric of the local church in the spirit of service and communion.John Paul II1st international gathering of ecclesial movementPARISH COMMUNITIES Basic Ecclesial CommunitiesPARISH PRIESTPPC SecretaryParish GroupsBISHOPDiocesan Implementing-Coordinating Councilfor Pastoral PlanFinanceWorshipFamily & LifeYouthSocial ServicePublic AffairsFormationTheir appropriate theological location must be found in the ministry of the apostles.Cardinal RatzingerMandated OrganizationsMovementsLay Organizations
11KEY COMPONENTS IN THE PARISH System of Implementation Chief ImplementorORGANIZATIONSPARISHPARISH PRIESTCOMMUNITYviaBECMINISTRIESSupport GroupsSystem of ImplementationFocus and Direction
12RECOMMENDATIONS Parish Assembly Parish Planning Parish Re-structuring - For orientation on the 5-point priority agendaParish Planning- To strategize the 5-point priority agenda for implementation in the parish within the 3-year period.Parish Re-structuring- Make the whole parish community as focus and direction of the BEC program.- Adopt ministry as the system of implementation and the mode of servant-leadership.- Locate parish organizations in their proper place.
13RECOMMENDATIONS Basic Operating Guidelines The term ‘community’ be properly used to refer to the parish.In the context of the 5-point priority Agenda: The parish is the community to be formed through and into BEC.This is to ensure full support for the parish and to avoid confusion.Other organizations using the term ‘community’ must be called ‘groups.’2. The parish must have the basic set of ministries.Worship, Formation, Family and Life, Youth, Social Services, Public Affairs.Ministry system be used in the coordination and implementation of parish programs.3. Parish organizations be able to work with the new paradigm.In the spirit of humility, service and ecclesial communionAligning their activities within the proper ministries
15IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES & POLICIES for the 5 POINT PRIORITY AGENDA of the DIOCESE
16A. BASIC ASSUMPTIONS 1. The Bishop at the diocesan level shall provide a strong leadership to inspireeverybody and all institution to implementthe direction of the Diocese of Cubao in thenext three years as clearly expressedthrough the 5 point priority agenda.
172. All the Parish Priests shall equally provide a strong leadership at the parish levels toinspire, motivate and support their leadersand parishioners toward theimplementation of the 5PPA.This is deemed INDISPENSABLE.
183. All the Lay Leaders play a very crucial role in supporting and sharing their time, talentand treasure to be able for the Diocese toattain the realization of its strategic goalsfor the next three years.
194. A dynamic, informed, competent and committed Parish Pastoral Council(s)play an organizational advantage atthe parish level in partnership with theparish priest to fully implement thedirection of the Diocese.
205. Sufficient logistical and material support are needed to implement the flagshipprogram of the 5PPA.
21B. GUIDELINES AND POLICIES The DICC-PP (Diocesan Implementing and Coordinating Council on Pastoral Programs) as the highest pastoral body representing all commissions and ministries of the Diocese of Cubao is the over-all in charge of the implementation and monitoring of the 5 Point Priority Agenda (5PPA)
222. An Executive Committee chaired by the Bishop and composed of thedifferent Heads of the 5PPA withsome representatives from thereligious and laity shall be created forthe close-in implementation andmonitoring of the 5 Point Priority Agenda.
233. A general orientation shall be conducted for all parish officers andmembers at the vicariate level toexplain further the new direction andthrust of the Diocese
244. All parishes shall conduct their own orientation for other parish and BECleaders and members of their variousorganizations. They shall likewisedisseminate a general awareness forall parishioners regarding theimportance of the present direction ofthe Diocese according to the 5 pointpriority agenda.
255. The Parish Pastoral Council(s) or PPC shall be renewed, fully activated andpastorally re-tooled for purposes ofeffective leadership and implementationof their programs.
266. Each Parish shall hold its own annual pastoral planning in order to align orcontextualize its parish plans accordingto the 5 point priority agenda of the Diocese It shall furnish the pastoral office of theDiocese with copy of its plan.
277. The Vicariate shall focus its functions on monitoring the implementation ofthe 5 point priority agenda among thedifferent parishes and sharing significantand related experiences that will enrich itsmembers.
288. The Pastoral visitation to be conducted by the Bishop shall focuson a dialogue with the PPC on theirinitiatives, efforts and progresstoward the implementation of the newdirection of the Diocese.
299. The formation program of the santatlo, namely, the clergy, religious and laityshall be harmonized to implement the5 point priority agenda. A special committeeor task force shall be created for thispurpose.
3010. Periodic (Monthly, quarterly, semi- annual or annual) progress reportsand assessment must be done at thediocesan, vicariate and parish level toensure the proper implementation ofthe 5PPA.
3111. Documentation on the implementation of programs and activities related to5PPA must be done at various levels.
3212. An intensive midyear and annual evaluation are to be conducted by theDICC-PP (Diocesan Implementing andCoordinating Council on PastoralPrograms) as regards to over-allperformance of all concernedministries and task groups in theimplementation of the 5PPA.32