Presentation on theme: "Women’s Health and BRFSS Presented By: Neha Thakkar Arkansas BRFSS Coordinator With the help of: Dr. John Senner Project Officer Arkansas Center for Health."— Presentation transcript:
Women’s Health and BRFSS Presented By: Neha Thakkar Arkansas BRFSS Coordinator With the help of: Dr. John Senner Project Officer Arkansas Center for Health Statistics
What is BRFSS ? Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System World’s largest continuously ongoing telephonic survey Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) support Currently being conducted in all the 50 states and US territories
Questionnaire & Sample Consists of 1) core questions 2) sponsored modules 3) state-added questions Sample: Randomly selected resident telephone number and randomly selected adult in the household (Stratified Random Sample)
1) Ever had a Mammogram?
2) No Mammogram in last two years
Age, Education and Income Distribution-2001
Age, Education and Income Distribution-2002
3) Never had Clinical Breast Exam
4) No Mammogram & Breast Exam
Breast care Awareness Women age >= 40 were target No data available for 1993 to 1998 No nationwide comparison available
1) Did not notice any posters/ advertisement for having Mammogram
2) Are you aware that Health Department offers free to low cost Mammograms?
3) Do you think your risk of getting Breast Cancer is High/Medium/Low?
4) If you wanted to have a Mammogram, would you have to pay all, part or none?
5) How difficult would it be for you to pay for Mammograms?