We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySadie Huntington
Modified over 2 years ago
CENTER STAGE TRIVIA CHALLENGE Ch. 13
1. This term means to add on.
2. Who am I? I led the first American settlers to Texas in 1821.
3. Someone who rules with absolute power.
4. This land was given up by the Mexican government through the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.
Center Stage Question #1
This man was the first, and only, President of the independent country of Texas.
5. This was the nickname for the independent country of Texas.
Lone Star Republic
6. This is the belief that the U.S. should expand from “sea to shining sea.”
7. This term means to give up, as in land or territory.
8. This is when you surround and bombard your enemy until he surrenders.
Center Stage Question #2
This was the term that referred to people who journeyed to CA in search of gold in 1849.
9. He was a Mexican dictator who was forced to sign a treaty giving Texas its independence in 1836.
10. Florida was acquired from this country in 1821.
11. WHICH DIRECTION? a. The Mexican Cession is _____ of Oregon Country. b. The Louisiana Purchase is _____ of Texas. c. Canada is _____ of the U.S.
a. South b. North c. North
12. The U.S. signed agreements with this country in 1818 and 1846 regarding Oregon Country.
Britain or England
Center Stage Question #3
This man was our third President, and signed the treaty with France to purchase the Louisiana Territory.
13. This was the name for the route from Missouri to Oregon Country. Over 50,000 people traveled this route in the mid-1800s.
14. The U.S. purchased the Louisiana Territory from this country in 1803.
15. This area of land came to us from Mexico, as part of the Treaty of Guadalupe- Hidalgo. What do we call this large area of land in the southwest?
The Mexican Cession
16. This term means to blockade or bombard an enemy’s position in order to get them to surrender.
Center Stage Question #4
Oranges are citrus fruits. They are grown in which territory that was added in 1821?
This port city was part of the Louisiana Purchase. It was the initial reason for the U.S. to approach France. It is still an important trading port today.
This man was elected President of the U.S. in 1844. He was the president during the annexation of Texas and the Mexican War. Who was he?
James K. Polk
That’s all folks! Thanks for playing
What do we call the idea that the United States should stretch from sea to shining sea?
Trails West The Texas Revolution The War with Mexico.
After being claimed by the US and Britain, both countries agree to split the land in half at the 49 th parallel. Louisiana Purchase 1803 Florida Acquisitions.
Map of United States Circa 1830
1. Manifest Destiny Map of United States Circa 1830.
American History Chapter 5.2 Expansion.
Manifest Destiny Map of United States Circa 1830.
Happy Tuesday! YOU HAVE NEW SEATS! –CHECK THE GREEN SHEET NEXT TO THE SMARTBOARD! Pick-up bell ringer Turn in Jackson Brochure.
Manifest Destiny US History McIntyre Map of United States Circa 1830.
Chapter 4 – Westward Expansion
Westward Expansion. Why Move West? Manifest Destiny More land Seeking adventure and opportunity Religious freedom Convert natives to Christianity GOLD.
Manifest Destiny US History Map of United States Circa 1830.
Westward Expansion. Why Go West? Money: the West offers a chance to earn money and new job opportunities Land: the West offers a chance to own land (cheap.
Manifest Destiny Unit 8. Manifest Destiny Conflict Expansion Migration Territory Annexation.
Treaty of Paris When? 1783 From Who? Britain How? Treaty at the end of the Revolution Britain gave up all lands between Atlantic Coast and Mississippi.
Manifest Destiny. Texas Stephen Austin – Founded colony of several hundred families – Petitioned for statehood.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.