Presentation on theme: "Good Afternoon Have your notebook out and something to write with Have everything else off your desk."— Presentation transcript:
Good Afternoon Have your notebook out and something to write with Have everything else off your desk
4.3 The Rock Cycle Use the following link to answer the questions: http://www.phschool.com/atschool/phsciexp/ active_art/rock_cycle/index.html
1. How do igneous rocks form? 2. What two things are listed that can cause erosion?
3. What is deposition? 4. What causes the sediments to form a sedimentary rock?
5. Click on “erosion” path again. Follow the path through to “deposition” and see where it takes you. Where do you end up again? 6. Choose “melting” path this time. What processes can cause sedimentary rocks to “melt” into the mantle to become magma?
7. What is magma? 8. What can happen to magma or lava as it rises to Earth’s surface? 9. What rock is formed from volcanic activity?
10. From here, choose “melting” path again. Where do you end up? 11. This time, choose “heat and pressure”. What causes the minerals to change over time? 12. What two types of rocks can form into metamorphic rocks?
13. Choose “erosion path”. Where do you end up (what type of rock)? 14. Choose “heat and pressure” again to get to metamorphic rocks.
15. Choose “melting” path this time. Where do you end up? 16. What can you conclude about the rock cycle?