5. Pronunciation Use English words to explain pronunciation – e.g. Door - ﺽ Repetition, even during lessons.
6. Quran Teaching Methods & Strategies Each student to bring his/her own Quraan. Every student should read daily Sabak at least twice before testing. Teach child in such a way that there is no need to learn at home. Plan Sabak before lesson-eg where to stop, etc. Students should do markings while you are teaching them the new Sabak
Don’t teach with a tune-objective gets lost. Write part if not entire Sabak on the board-highlight common mistakes ﺍﻻ Daily Revision in class-min 2 pages. Walk around while testing, listen attentively. All students must follow. Change testing pattern regularly. Present some virtue about learning or reading the Quraan.
Use Charts and colors to highlight common mistakes. Each student should use a pencil when doing sabak- a) to mark different aspects in the Quraan. b) helps if they don’t have wudhu. c) helps with them following the Sabak Best way to teach is repetition.
7. Different Methods of Teaching Quraan Different methods of teaching underline 1. For strong readers – Class read and teachers follows and student marks. Student underlines difficult words. 2. Average reader – student reads after teacher reading and then student marks and underlines difficult words. 3. Weak readers – Teacher reads and student repeats many times.
4. 4. Very Weak reader– spell letters with harakaat Stroke methods i.e. place stroke between letters to help distinguish.
a.Waaw Saakin preceded by Dhammah and Dhammah Muqaddarah b. Alif preceded by Fathah and Fathah Muqaddarah 8. Open Letters
c.Yaa Saakin preceded by kasrah and kasrah Muqaddarah
9. Close letters The last letter of a word that has a fatha, dhamma or kasra will not be dragged and read.
10. Fluency Do not allow pupils to read fast, nor the breaking up of words. Promote fluent reading
Laam of Allah Ghunnah Rules of Raa Noon Saakin and Tanwin Meem Saakin Qalqala 11. Beautification of Recital
12. Surahs 1. Write Surah/Aayah on the board-better bit by bit. 2. Highlight common mistakes. 3. Revision at least twice a week. Break it up in sets of 2 if need be. 4. Class should read revision together - stop in between and ask someone to read alone.
5. 5. Revision Sheet-Keep record of each students revision-complete once a term If a child is taught correctly, he will read correctly Repetition
13. Surah Teaching Method إنآ
13. Surah Teaching Method أعطينٰ
13. Surah Teaching Method إنآ أعطينٰ
13. Surah Teaching Method ك الكوثر
13. Surah Teaching Method إنآ أعطينك الكوثر
14. Dua Memorisation 1. Write Dua on the board- bit by bit. 2. Use colours or make charts-highlight common mistakes. 3. Virtue and reason for learning dua. 4. Objective of the dua is to practice. 5. Revision at least twice a week. Break it up in sets of 2 if need be. 6. Class should revise together.