Presentation on theme: "By Shen Jian Module 11 Unit 1 So many jobs to choose from."— Presentation transcript:
by Shen Jian Module 11 Unit 1 So many jobs to choose from
List out as many jobs as possible. Lead-in
Preview task What does the author talk about in the article? Different types of careers and jobs to choose from.
A title A beginning paragraph Body paragraphs A concluding paragraph The development of a text Body 1 Body 2 Body 3 Preview task
All jobs help society f ________ I ___________ to the theme C ______________________of jobs: Beginning (Para.1) Body ( Para. 2-5 ) Concluding (Para.6) ntroduction popular unusual unction ategory /Classification Body 1(2-3) ordinary Body 2(4) Body 3(5) Examples and features of ________ professions Examples and features of ________ professions So many jobs to choose from
Para. 2-5 Comprehension
Para.2-3: Popular professions 1) Why do many people want to be models or actors? 2) What are the disadvantages of being a model or an actor? 3) Why is lawyer a good job? 4) What difficulties will a business person face? Detailed reading Read and answer questions
1) Why do many people want to be models or actors? glamorous, famous, wearing diamonds… 2) What are the disadvantages of being a model or an actor? long hours travel media attention criticism few successes… Detailed reading
3) Why is lawyer a good job? well-paid and interesting 4) What difficulties will you face if you are a business person? stress/pressure long time working,--- Detailed reading
1) Why do these people like their unusual jobs so much? 2) What jobs look dull but are actually important? Detailed reading They find their jobs interesting. Many ordinary jobs like shop assistants, drivers, barbers and cleaners. Para.4-5: Unusual professions and ordinary professions
Introduction A discussion about the options of jobs available to high school (1) ________ Details Categories(3) ________(4)_________Disadvantages (2)_______ careers Models, actors, lawyers or businessmen These jobs can be exciting, well-paid or interesting. They can be dull, difficult and people will be under great (5)________ (6)_______ jobs People (7)_________ noise pollution, designing fireworks displays, etc These jobs are usually (8)____________. They might be not popular (9)_______ _______ jobs Shop assistants, drivers, cleaners They benefit our society a lot. They are ordinary and dull. Conclusion To sum up, whatever job you choose, you should (10) ______ in mind that all of the jobs are important and help society function well. graduates pressure/stress Unusual checking keep interesting Ordinary/ Everyday Popular ExamplesAdvantages
1. Your ideal job at first? Why the choice? 2. Still that choice now? If ‘no’, what new choice and why ? If ‘yes’, any more good reasons?
Whatever your job is, the world will be incomplete without you!
1. Write an composition about your choice of job. ( Pay attention to the development of a text and express your opinions clearly.) 2. Finish the exercise on page 94. Homework