Presentation on theme: "8-4 Angles of Elevation and Depression To use angles of elevation and depression to solve problems Students will make explicit use of the terms “angle."— Presentation transcript:
8-4 Angles of Elevation and Depression To use angles of elevation and depression to solve problems Students will make explicit use of the terms “angle of elevation” and “angle of depression” and will solve for them.
about 631 ft
8-4 Quiz The following questions are designed to help you determine how well you understood today’s lesson. Be sure to ask if you don’t understand one you miss. Record the number you get right on your portfolio sheet.
1. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. A.26.2 m B.10.5 m C.8.6 m D.12.3 m Non-Response Grid
2. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. A.7.6 ft B.10.6 ft C.15.3 ft D.7.9 ft Non-Response Grid
3. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. A.15.6 yd B.10.4 yd C.9 yd D.31.2 yd Non-Response Grid
4. To approach the runway, a small plane must begin a 9 descent starting from a height of 1125 feet above the ground. To the nearest tenth of a mile, how many miles from the runway is the airplane at the start of this approach? A.1.4 mi B.1.3 mi C.0.2 mi D.7,191.5 mi Non-Response Grid
5. Find the angle of elevation of the sun from the ground to the top of a tree when a tree that is 10 yards tall casts a shadow 14 yards long. Round to the nearest degree. A.54 o B.36 o C.46 o D.44 o Non-Response Grid
Assignment 8-4 p #10-28 even Be sure to RATE your understanding of the lesson after you finish it AND give me one complete sentence as to why you rated yourself that way then summarize what the lesson was about in a sentence or two.