28-4 Angles of Elevation and Depression To use angles of elevation and depression to solve problemsStudents will make explicit use of the terms “angle of elevation” and “angle of depression” and will solve for them.
98-4 QuizThe following questions are designed to help you determine how well you understood today’s lesson.Be sure to ask if you don’t understand one you miss.Record the number you get right on your portfolio sheet.
101. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. 26.2 m10.5 m8.6 m12.3 mNon-Response Grid
112. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. 7.6 ft10.6 ft15.3 ft7.9 ftNon-Response Grid
123. Find the value of x. Round the length to the nearest tenth. 15.6 yd10.4 yd9 yd31.2 ydNon-Response Grid
134. To approach the runway, a small plane must begin a 9 descent starting from a height of 1125 feet above the ground. To the nearest tenth of a mile, how many miles from the runway is the airplane at the start of this approach?1.4 mi1.3 mi0.2 mi7,191.5 miNon-Response Grid
145. Find the angle of elevation of the sun from the ground to the top of a tree when a tree that is 10 yards tall casts a shadow 14 yards long. Round to the nearest degree.54o36o46o44oNon-Response Grid
15Be sure to RATE your understanding of the lesson Assignment8-4 p #10-28 evenBe sure to RATE your understanding of the lessonafter you finish it AND give me one complete sentence as to why you rated yourself that way then summarize what the lesson was about in a sentence or two.