Presentation on theme: "INTERMODADRIA Supporting intermodal transport solutions in the Adriatic area Kick-Off Meeting 7-8 February 2013 MARCHE REGION ROAD SYSTEM AND STATE PROPERTY."— Presentation transcript:
INTERMODADRIA Supporting intermodal transport solutions in the Adriatic area Kick-Off Meeting 7-8 February 2013 MARCHE REGION ROAD SYSTEM AND STATE PROPERTY UNIT
Project General Objective To increase the competitiveness of the short sea shipping and to strengthen the attractiveness of intermodal transport solutions serving the ports and logistics centres in the medium and lower Adriatic area, with particular reference to the integration in the logistics chain of the sea-routes that serve the two shores of the Adriatic and Ionian seas.
Project Specific Objectives 1.To increase the integration in the logistics chain of the maritime routes linking the two shores of the Adriatic sea as alternative to road transport; 2.To promote policy actions and financial instruments to support intermodal transport solutions; 3.To increase the capacity of monitoring the freight flows; 4.To promote the awareness on job opportunities related to intermodal transport
The Partnership 1.MARCHE REGION 2.ANCONA PORT AUTHORITY 3.MARCHE FREIGHT VILLAGE 4.LEVANTE PORT AUTHORITY 5.CFLI 6.PORT OF IGOUMENITSA 7.NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS 8.INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT STUDIES 9.LUKA BAR 10.INTERMODAL TRANSPORT CLUSTER 11.PORT OF PLOCE AUTHORITY
WORKPLAN 1.PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2.COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION 3.FREIGHT ROUTES ANALYSIS 4.INFRASTRUCTURAL ANALYSIS 5.MEASURES TO SUPPORT INTERMODALITY
1.PROJECT MANAGEMENT WP1 allows a fruitful cooperation among FBs, contributing to the achievements of all project objectives. Day to day and financial project management are carried out by all FBs, with the supervision of LB, who is responsible for the overall management of the project as well as for the coordination of the partnership. To that extent the LB sets up the project management team and defines the project manager and the financial manager. ACTIVITIES 1.1 Project management 1.2 Financial Administration and reporting 1.3 Project kick-off BUDGET EUR WP LEADER: MARCHE REGION. PARTNERS INVOLVED: ALL TIMING: OCT. 12 -……….
2. COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION The communication and dissemination activities will be targeted on: sector Stakeholders, local, national and international institutions, with a particular reference on the Adriatic-Ionian strategy decision-makers, general public, focusing on the increased sustainability of intermodal transport solutions. ACTIVITIES 2.1 Communication plan 2.2 Project internet site and media communication 2.3 Non media dissemination 2.4 Dissemination events 2.5 External monitoring and evaluation BUDGET EUR TIMING: OCT. 12 -………. WP LEADER: CFLI. PARTNERS INVOLVED: ALL
3. FREIGHT ROUTES ANALYSIS The action aims at highlighting the geographic areas interconnected by the transport flows passing through the ports of the partnership. The increased awareness on the final markets served will support the action of logistics operators and institutional policy makers to promote intermodal transport if the freight flows are sufficient and adequate for the characteristics of railways-maritime services. ACTIVITIES 3.1 Common methodology 3.2 Origin/Destination, container traffic 3.3 Origin/Destination, ferry traffic BUDGET EUR TIMING: OCT. 12 -………. WP LEADER: CFLI. PARTNERS INVOLVED: ALL, EXCEPT MARCHE REGION
4. INFRASTRUCTURAL ANALYSIS The infrastructures connecting ports with the hinterlands identified by the outputs of WP3 will be analysed in terms of: current situation (i.e.: level of congestion, bottlenecks, planned investment for the improvement of the infrastructures) and through the definition of the maximum level of traffic that they can support. For the rail infrastructure analysis, the output should highlight the availability of “slots” for the activation of intermodal transport services that could link the hinterland with the port. ACTIVITIES 4.1 Road infrastructures 4.2 Rail infrastructures 4.3 Final report BUDGET EUR TIMING: OCT. 12 -………. WP LEADER: CFLI. PARTNERS INVOLVED: MR, MFV, NTUA, APL, IST, LB, KIP
5. MEASURES TO SUPPORT INTERMODALITY The WP is a set of independent but related activities that aim at providing “soft support” to the development of intermodal transport in the ports of the partnership. Activities are related to simplifying the organizational aspect of intermodal transport solution, proposing a legislative framework to financially support the modal shift, developing capacities and promoting human resources relevance of the intermodal chain. ACTIVITIES 5.1 Bottleneck analysis 5.2 Policy actions for modal shift 5.3 Traffic monitoring transfer of capacity 5.4 Human resources actions BUDGET EUR TIMING: OCT. 12 -………. WP LEADER: AP ANCONA. PARTNERS INVOLVED: ALL EXCEPT NTUA
1) CONSISTENCY WITH THE EU TRANSPORT POLICY: The “Transport White paper” COM(2011) 144, focused on increasing the transport efficiency and sustainability, supports actions as the promotion of short sea shipping and intermodal transport. Moreover, the project goals are consistent with the maritime dimension of the new Transport policy and with the part of the policy related to the “external dimension” which aims at extending the EU transport and infrastructure policy to Neighbouring countries. 2) COOPERATION BETWEEN TEN-T CORE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURES AND SEETO CORE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURES: the SEETO Multiannual plan (MAP) highlights the relevance of the investment plans for the Adriatic ports announced by the governments of Croatia, Montenegro and Albania. Moreover, the design of the core railways network as defined by the governments clearly shows the intention of investing in the improvement of the railways accessibility of the ports. Therefore, the project goals of improving the market conditions for the activation of new rail-sea intermodal services represent a relevant added value for the ongoing infrastructural investments, co-financed by international donors, including EU budget. Furthermore, the project goal of promoting policy initiatives to support intermodal transport is consistent with the actions defined in the SEETO MAP to improve the legislative and regulatory framework of transport in these countries to better align it to the EU acquis. 3) ENSURING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT TO THE PROGRAMME AREA, by supporting the activation of policy initiatives for intermodal transport solutions based on the principle of the internalization of the external costs of the transport modes (congestion, pollution, etc.) 4) PROMOTION OF CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION IN THE MONITORING OF TRAFFIC FLOWS PROJECT ADDED VALUE
THANK YOU FOR YOU ATTENTION ! MARCHE REGION, ROAD SYSTEM AND STATE PROPERTY UNIT Roberta Ruggeri