Presentation on theme: "Revision Revision 1.Be different from 2.depress;not happy 3.Be suitable for 4.Have a great effect on 5.Support 6.Be against… differ from cast down be."— Presentation transcript:
Revision Revision 1.Be different from 2.depress;not happy 3.Be suitable for 4.Have a great effect on 5.Support 6.Be against… differ from cast down be appropriate to have a great impact on be in favour of object to
Do you think it possible for people to clone a dinosaur ? Why ? clone a dinosaur ? Why ?
1.What animals have people cloned ? 2.Can we really clone dinosaurs now ? 3.When did dinosaurs disappear from the earth ? Task 1 Fast reading
Dinosaurs are extinct animals. Would you like to restore them? = Would you like to _______ dinosaurs ___________? bring back to life
A: Elizabeth! I thought Bob passed away last year. B: I had him cloned. = B: Although Bob was dead, I _________ him ________________ by means of cloning. broughtback to life
resist vt 抵抗, 对抗；抵挡, 防止 If you are strong enough,you can resist___________________. If you are very smart, you can resist____________________. Cannot / could not +resist… temptations some diseases being cheated
occasionally now and then sometimes from time to time 有时, 间或, 偶尔
Please read the passage again, and choose the correct answer. Task 2
1.The writer of the text_____ A. is excited by the possibility of cloning fierce and extinct animals. B. believes that extinct animals can be brought back to life by cloning. C. thinks it impossible or unsuitable to clone extinct animals like dinosaurs. D. dreams of dinosaurs returning to the earth. 主旨大意
2. The film Jurassic Park is popular because_____. A.people are interested in the subject of cloning B. all the actors are dinosaurs C. it was directed by a scientist who clones dinosaurs D. it proves very interesting 细枝末节
3.Which of the following is true?____ A.Mice were cloned in 1981. B. Dolly the sheep was the first cloned animal. C. The name of the cloned cow is “Bison” D. China was successful in cloning twin calves.
4. The reasons why a group of cloned animals all die of the same illness do NOT include____. A. they have the same arrangement of genes B. there isn’t enough diversity in the group for it to overcome illnesses C. the illness is a new one D. their arrangement of genes can not resist that new disease
5. We can infer from the text that____ A. scientists are experimenting to clone dinosaurs B. dinosaurs will never return to the earth C. cloned animals will only live in the zoo D. the DNA of dinosaurs can only survive 10, 000 year 推理判断
Skimming: answer the following questions: 1.Why shouldn`t you clone an extinct animal if there isn`t ecough diversity in the group? 2.Why is it wrong to clone an extinct animal if it would have to live in a zoo? 3.Why can`t you clone the DNA of animals that have been extinct longer than 10,000 years?
1. Why shouldn`t you clone an extinct animal if there isn`t ecough diversity in the group? Keys: There will not be enough genetic variation in the group to be able to resist new illnesses.
2. Why is it wrong to clone an extinct animal if it would have to live in a zoo? Keys: It is not a good idea to clone an animal that would have to live in a zoo because it is not a suitable habitat to develop and incresae its numbers. The zoo is not a natural environment for a wild animal.
3. Why can`t you clone the DNA of animals that have been extinct longer than 10,000 years? Keys: The DNA of animals more than 10,000 years old is not suitable for cloning, for it can`t survive so long.
Press conference about cloning extinct animals Task 3
Each group will send a Doctor _____ and tell us the reason why your group wants to clone _______. The other group members will ask Doctor____ some questions.
May the best animal win ! Which extinct animals are worth restoring by means of cloning? Choose one and use the information to help you argue why this animal should be restored to the earth.
Great Auk (1844) Auroch (1627) Dodo bird (1755) Quagga (1883)
Write a report explaining why you think your choice is the best. Add reasons to persuade other people.You can use other information besides the information given. Homework
列举法： a. first, second, third,... last b. firstly, secondly, thirdly… finally c. the first, the second, the third,… last d. to begin with, to start with, on one hand,on the other hand, then, next, in addition, besides, also, moreover, furthermore, what is more, finally