Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Stage 2 Biology 2014 BIOLOGY SONG copyright cmassengale3.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Stage 2 Biology 2014 BIOLOGY SONG copyright cmassengale3."— Presentation transcript:

1

2 Stage 2 Biology 2014 BIOLOGY SONG

3 copyright cmassengale3

4 Stage 2 Biology 2014 Maurie Wetherall Corey Barrett ( ) Level 5 Jordan labs.

5 Stage 2 Biology 2014 Students learn about the cellular structures and functions of a range of organisms. They have the opportunity to engage with the work of biologists and to join and initiate debates about how biology impacts on their lives, society, and the environment. Students design, conduct, and gather evidence from their biological investigations. As they explore a range of relevant issues, students recognise that the body of biological knowledge is constantly changing and increasing through the application of new ideas and technologies.

6 Stage 2 Biology 2014

7 LECTURE/TUTORIAL SYSTEM NOTE TAKING SIGNING ON (use the swipe card system) BE ORGANISED—KEEP UP TO DATE

8 Stage 2 Biology 2014 FIVE TOPICS TO BE COVERED MACROMOLECULES CELLS ORGANISMS ECOSYSTEMS PRACTICAL REPORTS

9 Stage 2 Biology 2014 ASSESSMENT TYPES. Multiple Choice Questions Short Answer Questions Practical report Questions Extended Response Questions

10 Stage 2 Biology 2014 MACROMOLECULES DNA, GENES, RNA, DNA REPLICATION TRANSCRIPTION,TRANSLATION MUTATIONS CELL CYCLES TYPES OF MACROMOLS. ENZYMES DNA TECHNOLOGIES (DNA profiling, PCR, Genetic manipulation)

11 Stage 2 Biology 2014 CELLS TYPES OF CELLS CELL CYCLES AND CONTROLLING CELL CYCLES CELL ORGANELLES (STRUCTURE/FUNCTION) CELL DIVISIONS CANCER CLONING CELLS ENERGY IN CELLS EVOLUTION IN CELLS

12 channel protein

13 Stage 2 Biology 2013 ORGANISMS TISSUES ORGANS, SYSTEMS EXCHANGE SURFACES CONTROL OF ORGANISM ENERGY IN ORGANISMS EVOLUTION IN ORGANISMS SEXUAL AND ASEXUAL REPRODUCTION

14 Stage 2 Biology 2014

15 ECOSYSTEMS POPULATIONS, COMMUNITIES,ECOSYSTEMS INTER- RELATIONSHIPS TROPHIC LEVELS, ENERGY FLOW CYCLING OF MATTER ECOLOGICAL SUCCESSION REPRODUCTIVE STRATEGIES NATURAL SELECTION, EVOLUTION SPECIATION HUMAN INPACTS ON THE ENVIRONMENT

16

17 Stage 2 Biology 2014 ASSESSMENT. BASED ON PERFORMANCE STANDARDS 3 SUMMATIVE PRACS AND ONE HUMAN ISSUES ESSAY IN CLASS WITH NOTES=40% OF GRADE 5 TESTS FOR YEAR=30% OF GRADE TOTAL FROM USC=70% (MODERATED BY TEACHERS) FINAL EXAMINATION= 30%

18 Stage 2 Biology 2014 RESOURCES. COURSE OUTLINE (FROM SACE WEBSITE) TEXT BOOK (must be current version) READ AS REFERENCE, DO QUESTIONS. TUTE BOOK-DO QUESTIONS IN TUTES LECTURE NOTES (hand outs and your notes) PRACTICAL BOOK (must be 2014 version) ASSIGNMENTS ON EACH TOPIC (Moodle)

19 Stage 2 Biology 2014 MUST KNOW LISTS FOR EACH TOPIC ESSENTIALS REVISION GUIDE (MUST HAVE IT!) SASTA WORKBOOK GUIDE (OPTIONAL) PAST EXAMS FROM SACE WEBSITE COREY AND ME HOLIDAY REVISION COURSES

20 Stage 2 Biology 2014 See Myuni for examples of our lectures.

21 Special Deal Biology books that are published by Adelaide Tuition centre are available through me at a very special price. The text book, the tute book and the revision guide. There are some second hand books available next year from college.

22 Stage 2 Biology 2014 COMMENTS FROM CLASS OF Use the time in tutes and availability time wisely The concepts seem easy, but do as many past exam questions as you can so you see the way concepts are tested. LEARN THE LANGUAGE THAT ‘SELLS’ Do your work early, keep up to date and ask Maurie or Corey when you need help. Do not hesitate, that is what they are here for.

23 Stage 2 Biology 2014 Be well organised, keep your notes up to date. Read ahead of lectures and then pay close attention to what is said. If we go too fast let us know so that we can slow down. It is more important to listen than to get good notes. Learn to work smarter rather than harder (means work at times when you are effective and do tasks that really matter) You can check lecture power points on Myuni, and also listen to an audio version of the lectures. Flag anything that you are unsure of so that you can ASK.

24 Stage 2 Biology 2014 An example of what you get on Myuni.

25 Stage 2 Biology 2014 Holiday work Work on the assignment about potentially harmful factors in our environment. This will help you when selecting and completing Issues Investigation next year. (This is not a summative assessment task).


Download ppt "Stage 2 Biology 2014 BIOLOGY SONG copyright cmassengale3."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google