Presentation on theme: "BAHASA INGGRIS Reading: A Letter of Complaint Unsur Bahasa: Penggunaan quite, too, enough dan very Language Function: Ungkapan Perkenalan."— Presentation transcript:
1BAHASA INGGRIS Reading: A Letter of Complaint Unsur Bahasa: Penggunaan quite, too, enough dan very Language Function: Ungkapan Perkenalan
2ReadingDear Sir,I have to travel everyday from the bus stop near the City Hall to the port. Two buses travel along this route; the number 2 and the number 11. However by the time the number 11 bus reaches the City Hall, it is always full, so I use the number 2 which sometimes has empty seats on it.
3The time table states that there are buses from the station to the port every ten minutes. If this is so why do I have to wait half an hour for a bus?
4The regulations state that no bus may carry more than 40 seated passengers and 20 standing passengers. Yesterday I was the first to get off the bus when it reached the port, I counted the other passengers as they got off. There were 129 of them.
5Clearly printed on the back of every bus a sign that says: Maximum speed 50 mph. On Saturday a number 2 bus traveled from the City Hall to the Hero Monument in 10 minutes. The distances 12 miles. The bus must have speeded at least 80 mph!
6It is clear that our bus companies have no respect for the regulations nor passengers.
7Why does the writer take the number 2 bus? a. The number 2 bus has no empty seats.b. The other bus going to the port is alwaysfull.c. The number 11 bus sometimes hasempty seats.d. It is the only bus going to the port.
82. One of the regulations states that... a. the following bus should start from the station an hour later after the previous busb. a bus may carry more than 40 seated passengers and 20 standing passengersc. The driver should speed his bus at the maximum speed of 50 m.p.h.d. The driver may stop the bus anywhere he likes
93. A sign of the maximum speed is printed on the back of every inorder to ...a. be read by the bus driverb. be read by all the peoplec. be followed by the other roadusersd. warn the bus passengers
104. “...which sometimes has empty seats on it.” (paragraph 1)a. the number 11 busb. the number 2 busc. the bus stopd. the bus station
11Unsur Bahasa Intensifier : quite, too, very, enough memberikan makna lebih darikata sifat atau kata keterangan lainyang diterangkannya.
12Contoh Kalimat Quite : agak - I moved to the place quite near from here, so we can see each other quiteoften.
13Enough : cukup- The room is big enough for us to stay.- I don’t have enough money to takea vacation.
14Very : sangat dengan makna positif - these tools are very modern.Too : terlalu- The coffee is too hot, I can’t drink it.
15Alin : Look at this ring it is so beautiful. You say you want to buy a ring.you can buy this one.Nesa : Not this one, look at the price it is…expensive for me.I didn’t have enough money.Very b. QuiteToo d. Enough
162. Sita : What about the dinner at your friend’s house. Did you enjoy it?Ruri : Yes, the food was …tasty.a. too b. veryc. quite d. enough
173. Vivi : Who will lift the box then. Ade : Andy. I think he is strong …to lift it.a. very b. tooc. enough d. quite
184. Didi : I have to fix the roof . It’s leaking.Lucy : You can use this ladder.It is….safe. You won’t fall.a. too b. quitec. enough d. little
195. Teacher : Ok, students. Do you understand this lesson?Student : Excuse me sir, but yourexplanation is …difficult.I couldn’t catch what you mean.Teacher : All right I will simplify it.a. too b. veryc. quite d. enough
206. Father : What do you think about our new computer. Do you like it?Son : Of course.It is …sophisticated.a. toob. veryc. quited. enough
217. Nia : Ok, How do we get to our destination then?Lia : Let’s a take a taxi. It is …far towalk.a. too b. veryc. quite d. enough
228. Cici : Why do the people standing ? Rina : There weren’t …chairs foreveryone to sit down.a. too b. veryc. enough d. quite
239. Fini : Please, tell me about the film which you watch last night?Riko : It is …good , but ratherfrightening.a. too b. quitec. very d. enough
24Language Fuction Ungkapan Perkenalan Memperkenalkan Diri Sendiri Memperkenalkan Orang LainMenjawab Perkenalan
25Ungkapan Perkenalan Memperkenalkan Diri Sendiri How do you do my name is …Excuse me, I don’t think we’ve metbefore, my name is …Hello, my name is …Let me introduce my self, my name isAllow me introduce myself …
26Memperkenalkan Orang Lain This is John DavisOh Paul I’d like you to meet …Have you meet …?Do you know …..?…meet ….?Good morning, I'd like to introduce …Let me introduce …
27Menjawab Perkenalan How do you do? I don’t think so Hello … I am delighted to meet youNice to meet you…
281. Diani : “ …to my classmate John” John : “How do you do?”Anggi: “Nice to meet you.”a. I’m introducing youb. Let me introduce youc. I’ll introduced. You are introduce
292. Peter : “Mother, this is my friend, Ronny.”Mother :…please to meet you.a. How are you?b. Is it your name?c. How do you do?d. Well, great name.
303. Mia : Excuse me, I don’t think we’ve met before. My name’s Mia IrawatiNindy : …Mia. I am Nindy.a. Hello, meet againb. Hey, nice to meet youc. What a coincidenced. It must be you
314. Paul : Have you met, David? Chad : No, I don’t think so …David : How do you do?a. How are you?b. How kind you are?c. How do you do?d. How’s life?
325. Boy : … I am Siva, a friend of Tommy. Man : Oh Siva, Nice to meet you.Boy : Nice to meet you too, Mr Smith.a. What about introducing myselfb. Do you know mec. Allow me to introduce myselfd. How are you