Presentation on theme: "Results of the PE research. 1. How long has PE been part of the curriculum in your country? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Since 1925 Since 1780 Since the."— Presentation transcript:
1. How long has PE been part of the curriculum in your country? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Since 1925 Since 1780 Since the school exist Since 1861 TurkeySince 1928
2. How many PE lessons do students have - according to years, types of schools? Hungary: Germany: Turkey2 hours a week 2 hours Italy: Poland:Primary/Grammar school: 4 hours High school: 2 hours Sport classes: 10 hours In the primary school: 3 lessons, secondary schools 2 lessons a week Class 5-7 (11/12 – 13/14 years): 3 hours Class 8-12 (14/15 – 18 years): 2 hours
3. Are students co-educated in PE lessons? Hungary Germany Poland Italy No Class 5-10 (15/16 years): No Class 11-12: Yes No Yes TurkeyYes, They are.
4. Who are the teachers? Do all of them have to be qualified? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Yes, all of them need to have a university degree. Yes, they study PE at university. All of them have master degree of PE. All teachers are qualified. Young teachers: PE degree Old teachers: ISEF qualification Turkey All teachers are qualified. Teachers have a PEs degree.
5. Are teachers typically men or women? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Girls usually have female, boys typically have male teachers Girls have female teacher, boys have male teacher Woman with girls, Men with boys Fifty-Fifty TurkeyMostly men.
6. What do students do in PE lessons? Do they have to acquire a specified material? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Yes, they need to acquire certain material, they have to reach a certain standard in different sports Normally not. Sometimes when we offer for example table tennis, they have to bring their on balls, the same for badminton There are some programme basis which students sould acquire They do trainings of many sports. They must wear a tracksuit and a pair of trainers Turkey They do trainings of many sports. They must wear a track suit and a pair of trainers.
7. Is there a possibility to play games and matches during the lessons? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Yes, there is. They usually play football, handball, volleyball. Yes Yes its possible to play matches during the lessons Yes there is. They can play athletics, football matches, volleyball matches, basketballmatches or hockey matches. Turkey Yes, there is.
8. How long are the PE lessons? Hungary Germany Poland Italy 45 min. 45 min. or 2x45 min. 45 min. 1 or 2 hours TurkeyEach lesson is 45 minutes.
9. How many students participate in PE lessons? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Usually 10-20 students At most 32 12 – 26 students All of them Turkey All the students participate in PE lessons
10. What kind of sports can students do at school? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Football, handball Football, volleyball, handball, basketball, athletics, gym/dance, swimming, apparatus gímnastics, badminton, table tennis, frisbee, skiing Football, basketball, handball, tabble tennis, gymnastic, dance, winter sports All types of sport: From football to hockey Turkey They can do all types of sports: from football to hockey or tennis
11. Which are the most popular sports among boys/girls? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Football, handball, sailing Boys: football Girls: Volleyball Boys: football, basketball, handball Girls: handball, dancing Boys: football Girls: volleyball Turkey The most popular sport among girls is volleyball while among boys is football
12. What percentage of the students pursue a sport at school? Hungary Germany Poland Italy 0% Amongst the 38 free activities pupils can choose at our school, there is only one sports activity: football for boys. So this group is of 15 pupils, sometimes also 2- 3 girls join the group. The pupils of the age of 13-14 go skiing with their teachers. 20% 50% Turkey45%
13. What percentage of the students do any sport professionally? Hungary Germany Poland Italy 30% The percentage of professional sports activities is low: in th class 10., there are only 5 pupils doing it professionaly. But nearly every student does sport in a club. About 30-40% 40% Turkey 25%
14. Since when has PE been compulsory for girls, too? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Since 1925 Since about 1900 Since the school exist Since 1861 TurkeySince 1928
15. How many gyms, sports fields are there in your school and how big are they? Hungary Germany Poland Italy One gym, one sports field 3 gyms, 2 ootball fields, 1 tartan football field, 1 of 400m-stadium, 1 swimming-pool 2 sports field, 2 small gyms 1 football field, 1 tennis field, 2 gyms, 1 outdoor athletics track Turkey We have a soccer field, two standard gym and a standard athletics outdoor track
16. Is it possible to fail because of PE? Hungary Germany Poland Italy Yes, it is No Yes, it is Turkey No. It is not