Presentation on theme: "Revision test after Unit 1 After Unit 1 has been completed, you should be able to deal with these tasks."— Presentation transcript:
Revision test after Unit 1 After Unit 1 has been completed, you should be able to deal with these tasks.
1. Name at least 10 pieces of clothing worn in cold weather. anorak, gloves, mittens, scarf, boots, cap, woollen sweater, fur coat, warm socks, T-shirts with long sleeves, warm underwear – long johns (thermal underwear)
2. Name at least 5 pieces of clothing worn by women bra, knickers, tights, stockings, blouse, dress, skirt, slip, girdle,
3. Name 5 types of patterns of fabrics flowered, striped, dotted, checked, plain
4. Name qualities of clothing dirty, clean, torn, ripped, modern, fashionable, stylish, trendy, baggy, appropriate (suitable), transparent
5. How do we say when somebody has no clothes at all? naked
6. How do we say when somebody is without shoes? barefoot
7. Write the correct spelling for the following transcriptions /z ɪ p/, /e ɪ.prən/, /k ɪ lt/, / ɪ ə.m ʌ fs/, /b ʌ t.ən/ zip, apron, kilt, earmuffs, button
8. Correct the mistakes in these sentences Do you working for Siemens? I doesn't work for Siemens, I work for Bayer. And your wife, do she work? My wife work as a teacher. She is German? No, she not German, she's Hungarian. Do you work for Siemens? I don't work for Siemens, I work for Bayer. And your wife, does she work? My wife works as a teacher. Is she German? No, she is not German, she's Hungarian.
9. Fill in the correct forms of the verbs in brackets Every Monday Sally (drive) … her kids to football practice. Usually I (work) … as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) … French at a language school in Paris. Shhh! Be quiet. John (sleep) … Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) … I hate Seattle because it (rain, always) …there. I am sorry I can't hear what you (say) … because everybody (talk)... so loudly. Justin (write, currently) … about his adventures in Tibet. drives, work, am studying, is sleeping, is raining, always rains, are saying, is talking, is currently writing
10. Put the time adverbs on the frequency scale always, nearly always, never, not very often, sometimes, often, rarely, usually/normally 100% 1 always 2 __________ 3 __________ 4 __________ 5 sometimes 6 __________ 7 __________ 0%8 __________
Correct answers for the previous task always, nearly always, never, not very often, sometimes, often, rarely, usually/normally 100% 1 always 2 nearly always 3 usually/normally 4 often 5 sometimes 6 not very often 7 rarely 0%8 never
11. Read and decide if the statements below are true or false Designers from around the world began unveiling their latest looks at New York Fashion Week on Thursday, as fashion buyers and editors assembled to see what will be au courant for spring with trend watchers expecting a season of simple silhouettes. Hundreds of shows are planned in New York over the next eight days, displaying looks for spring 2014, before attention moves on to events in London, Milan and Paris. The range on New York catwalks can be vast, from Custo Barcelona's joyous prints to Carmen Marc Valvo's beaded evening wear, Diane von Furstenberg's lush colours and Ralph Lauren's polished classics. Longtime designer Carolina Herrera can be relied on for elegant sophistication and veteran Michael Kors for his clean lines. Mathieu Mirano has made a name for himself at age 22 designing for pop singer Lady Gaga. Others are harder to figure out in advance. Publicity material for Concept Korea said the collection by Kaal E. Suktae was inspired by a phrase from the Bible: "The stone the builder rejected has become the cornerstone." Roseanne Morrison, fashion director at The Doneger Group, experts in retail trends and forecasting, said she expects an abundance of skirts, A-line sheaths, short tops and soft pants in a departure from skintight looks of recent years. 1. At the event participants could see fashion designs for spring 2014 from all states in the USA. 2. The event will start on Thursday. 3. This event will be followed by similar ones in several European towns. 4. It is to be expected that the spring designs might include more loose types of clothes. 5. Whoever buys a skirt might be ready for the new fashion trends.
Model answers Left picture All the ladies but one are wearing tights or leggings. Two pairs are plain, two are dotted. One has either a pair of transparent tights or she has no stockings at all. All skirts are short, either plain or dotted. The matching tops have short or long sleeves. The lady on the very left has a pink belt with a large buckle. The outfit is complete with shoes on high heels. Right picture In this picture we can see four great evening gowns made of soft fabrics. The dress on the left is strapless, the next one has short sleeves, the next one long sleeves and on the right there is a one-shoulder dress. The ladies are carrying tiny handbags. The lady in the left picture has a necklace, while the others have no jewellery.